Outsourcing

When did Korea become the superior choice for outsourcing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_2MmlMxuDFQ
variety.com/2018/tv/news/animaniacs-reboot-hulu-1202653608/
youtube.com/watch?v=xeLr9voSBoc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When American artists and animators stopped trying.

>Pierrot
Everyone knows Pierrot is shit tier.

When Japan realized that no matter how shitty their job is, some asshole is gonna eat it up and call it a master piece.

>Pierrot is like Gollum of the Lord of the Rings saga.
YOU HAD ONE JOB, ONE JOB

When the japanese studios started outsourcing there too.
the fact that japanese animation has been producing the same shit on a loop for about 15 years and doesn't just get away with it but actually profit from it killed any and all ambition or standards they could have

Pierrot, Toei and DEEN are the unholy trinity of garbage japanese studios

I wish they had the balls to go through with this in the original rather than "wink wink, nudge nudge, look at what we *implied* there, aren't we brave" it.

And afterwards explain on tumblr that it is canon to shield your awful show from criticism.

Couldn't even finish Season 2 because of how shitty the animation was. Studio Mir should have handled production for the whole series.

Far superior to katara's animation yes

>japan
>animating locally

Why, so the faggots in this thread can bitch and moan even more?

I highly doubt they give a shit about any 'criticism' based on the presence of a possible same-sex relationship.

Man Korra is lookin' fiiine in that first pic.

Nah, the butthurt would not be nearly as delicious and widespread if the relationship was canon without a doubt.

Huh, NEVER, Studio Mir is overrated crap anyways that at best just looks like the mediocre output of Studio Trigger or High quality Toei in teh 90s, i was gonna sa that only Madhouse does good animation but look how horrible the new card captor sakura looks.

Right is better. It's more Japanese-y

Why people keep hiring Pierrot? They are shit, everyone knows they are shit, look at Tokyo Ghoul anime, a piece of shit.

Shut the fuck up Famicom.

And if you'e really not him, just shut the fuck up regardless. Pierrot did a worse job on this series than Mir.

All economics.
Even Studio Ghibli (Miyazaki) is folding because they can't make a profit AND pay decent wages any more.

The only hope of avoiding a "race to the bottom" (what salaries do you think NORTH Korean animators would accept?) is increasing automation. That doesn't mean it has to LOOK 3-D, but everything except the keyframes will have to be interpolated by a computer.

The Japanese government is well aware of this. They subsidized the project which became Little Witch Academia as a means of training new animators and encouraging them to enter the business.

Pierrot also outsourced it to another Korean studio. You don't actually think they animated that right?

>the fact that japanese animation has been producing the same shit on a loop for about 15 years and doesn't just get away with it but actually profit from it killed any and all ambition or standards they could have
This is a myth and has not happened. This is completely made up.

There's good animation made all over the industry, and it's not necessarily a matter of which studio is the producer.

Ghibli purportedly stopped animation production after Miyazaki's retirement because he was too important to the studio's profits and nobody else would be able to compensate. Now that Miyazaki is un-retired again, Ghibli is hiring staff to work on his next movie. Kyoto Animation works largely the same as Ghibli (they even have their own animation school), and they're doing fine.

LWA was one of many anime in the Anime Mirai Project which was intended to train new animators, but it had nothing to do with automation. I don't think automated in-betweening is going to ever become viable for anime.

There's no race to the bottom, because the bottom has already been reached.

I wish they would have kissed, and then they would start touching and slowly undressing.

And also, this is a myth too:
>When the japanese studios started outsourcing there too.

You're right. I shouldn't have put Ghibli's troubles next to the automation issue. Unrelated matters, but I didn't see how it would come across until after posting.

What's the name of the studio working on that new movie? "The Witch's Flower"? A lot of Ghibli staffers and the promo looked very Kiki-ish.

Studio Ponoc, and it already came out last summer.

I stopped watching anime sometime around that, now it all makes sense.

Hey you guys, there's nothing wrong with Pierrot.

youtube.com/watch?v=_2MmlMxuDFQ

Literally nothing wrong with Pierrot

It doesn't make sense, because he is repeating a myth. Nothing like that ever happened. It's because everyone stopped watching anime that these myths can spread. Nobody knows any better.

Because they made stuff like Naruto, Bleach and YuYu Hakusho. Other than that, the hell if I know.

How is that a myth?

Does that mean most anime within the past 20 years are also myths?

>myth
>myth
>myth
Your autism is showing.

It's a myth because it's something that people often repeat even though it isn't true.

How is it autism to point out the fact that something is a myth?

>can't even draw a round circle
It's over, Japanese anime is dead.

Literally the 80s. It's been happening for generations.

It's ok to be special user, get well and don't stop going to your visits with the psychiatric.

Again, how is it autism to point out the fact that something is a myth? Do you have even the most vague idea what autism is?

(OP)
They're not, Mir's the exception not the rule and that most of Pierrot's episodes ended up at Magic Bus (aka Japanese Akom) anyway.
Pierrot only had 3 animators in house on Korra and they were all freelanced anyway.

Tsuguyuki Kobo was the only in house member at Pierrot to work on Korra.

Oh, and Clear Card has excellent animation unless most of it ended up in Korea and that Madhouse is putting all of their effort in that Antarctica show instead.
$1800 a month is not a decent wage, Chizu pays double that and that you need at least $10,000 a month before you can get a decent wage.
Only 2 (Moi being one of them) and they did not do most of the animation for Pierrot.
They also did Urusei Yatsura (earlier episodes, replaced with Deen later on). The Mysterious Cities of Gold & Creamy Mami; Whats your point?

>Magic Bus (aka Japanese Akom)
And there he is.

I mean ffs Famicom, it's either TMS, Mir or Magic Bus for you.

>Whats your point?
Well if you read the previous conversation, you'd understand what the hell we were talking about. I just mentioned their most famous shows.

>pierrot
might as well have gone to DEEN

Since when do I ever bring up Magic Bus in a positive light? Next your expecting me to bring up Ajia-Do or something.

>most famous shows.
Again, so are Urusei Yatsura, The Mysterious Cities of Gold & Creamy Mami, they did more then just Shonen garbage.

Urusei Yatsura is shounen.

To be fare they almost got TMS instead of Pierrot, but they rejected it because of the shipping and TMS ended up doing the second half of Aikatsu season 1 instead.

No, Seinen, Rumiko Takahashi was known for that, especially Ranma 1/2.

It ran in Weekly Shounen Sunday. So did Ranma.

Studio Mir are good, but Korea is the country of choice for outsourcing due to lower costs. Studios in the anime industry are also fully-booked with their own productions.

False.

>12,000 won a hour
>Lower cost.

Japanese Wikipedia says the same thing. They were both in Shounen Sunday.

how is it a seinen if it ran in a shounen magazine?

Stop lying.

Then go see for yourself.

When they became far cheaper
I’d imagine outsourcing to Japan would be difficult as fuck considering most major studios are busy enough to be fully booked for the next two years

I did, it's Seinen.

Uhhh...

Yes I know about the WB staffer who came over the past few days but Takeshi Koike still did the bottom picture so it means something.

Shopped, please think twice before posting such a thing.

Do you think seinen is some kind of mark quality and that something is better because it's seinen, or do you think it's a genre? They are just target demographics and that's all they are. Urusei Yatsura and Ranma are shounen. It says so on both English and Japanese wikipedia.

No, boobs, please stop.

And even if someone is available, they'd rather be working on domestic shows.

Neo Yoki was purportedly done by Deen and IG but the animation was all subcontracted to Korea.

Huh?

Explain this then, this happen because Lupin III does not do very well in the US and Part IV bombed on Adult Swim.

variety.com/2018/tv/news/animaniacs-reboot-hulu-1202653608/

Fuck off famicom.

And guess what everyone hated it.
This is what we want.
youtube.com/watch?v=xeLr9voSBoc (please speed up to 1.25 times)

He meant battle shounens (and possibly sports anime too), not as a demographic.

Still, boobies.

What the hell does this mean?

Female Ranma was topless alot of the time.

It's not like this is even PG.

If modern shounen doesn't have nudity then it just means standards have changed over the decades, and in any case it's just a fact that it ran in a shounen magazine.

I think I just leave this here.