Raised without father

What do anons who were not raised with a father figure?

Some ideas I've come up with

>reconnect with father(if possible
>join military

Any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

obittree.com/obituary/us/new-york/cornwal-on-hudson/quigley-bros-funeral-home/theodore-dobias/2529623/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What do anons who were not raised with a father figure?
Que? Did you mean to add "do" to the end?

Yes. My bad

Are you asking for advice or what people should do as a general consensus? They differ depending on exp.

Advice. Just wondering if there were things that other people had tried and had worked to undo some of the adverse effects of being raised by a single mother.

To develop a strong and constant character, nothing is more important than great role-models.

You should join a group, some manly organization that has a definite purpose.

And Trump had two role-models:

They were, Frederik Trump, his father, and an US army Vet and Drill Serge named Theodore Dobias.

The latter taught Donald Trump four iron tenets.

1. Respect for authority
2. Always be impeccable in behavior, appearance and clothing
3. Be proud of yourself
4. Be proud of your family

23 white male, raised by a single mother, father died when i was in my early teens
shit sucks man. Father never was around even when he was alive and I've had no male role model in my life. I've had to figure shit out on my own. I think I've turned out alright. I do feel a little "off" around men who are older than myself which is annoying, but I don't know how else to deal with it. Different experiences go by each person so can't really give to much advice on how I've handled it.

Thanks man

obittree.com/obituary/us/new-york/cornwal-on-hudson/quigley-bros-funeral-home/theodore-dobias/2529623/

I located Dobias. The man looked like Brock fucking Lesnar.
But he passed away in June, as he was rooting for the kid he taught way back... I recall reading a Wapo interview with Dobias -- he was an iron clad Trump supporter in his old age.

Damage done by a single mother is usually irreparable, and I can speak from a first hand experience. The best thing you can do is establish manhood/responsibility from different people/perspectives and project and incorporate it in you little by little the best way you can. The want in joining the military stems from the lack of discipline that you desired from a father figure, and for a lot of people this is the best way to go. Like I said, its mostly on personal exp. I had a strong mother figure, but she had no idea how to raise a son. Its not in their design.

I was raised by a mother and a father but they separated when i was very young. My father was very feminine and spoiled us and essentially acted as a second mother. As a result i am very lacking in initiative and confidence. Any other anons know this feel?

I have a dad and he looks after me and takes care of me if I need any help but also he was very passive and kinda distant throughout much of my growing up.

To OP I reccomend just finding other men to admire, although it wont really reverse the psychological effect of your childhood experiences unless they connect to you on a profound level. Only Ayn Rand and Stefan Molyneux did this for me, for you it could be someone else.

32/user I was raised by the streets of Miami and spent most of my teen years hanging with gangsters. I am really lucky that I was able to escape that mainly because all of my friends got locked up around the time I got my first PC I am extremely street smart/savy but also a research nerd

Drugs

You are free to choose your own role model.

pic related

I grew up without a father and sometimes glad I did, because I got away with shit anybody else's father would've beat the shit out of them for. Despite that I've grown up and worship at the altar of red meat, alcohol, sports, big titties, and guns. I do have a love for drugs and the devil's music, so maybe my anti-conservatism stems from that. But you know maybe its better to grow up without a father, then with a father who is a compulsive gambling alcoholic.

Joining the military because of daddy issues
>constanza.jpg

Huh i always wondered if other people felt like this too. Every time i meet men who are old than me i have no idea how to behave.
i don't really have any advice as well. Maybe try to become friends with male teachers while you still can

i didnt grow up with a father, all i gotta say is my mom did a good job of raising us, all of my siblings went to college. we just didnt have a lot of money and it sucked doing a fuckton of chores

Why Erick married a jawed fem? i thought billions, aethethics and intelligence were the key to get the best wife.

Yeah I know that lack of discipline is there for sure. I can't drink because I cannot handle it. If I start I end up drinking everyday. It's like that with a lot of things
I know that feeling. My mom let me get away with a lot as a kid.
Good find. I'm gonna order trumps books as I look up to him a lot
Moly kinda is a role model for me aswell

Become gay and get a bearmode sugar daddy. It's the only option.

>trump will never be your dad
>he will never be your president
>he will never even be your prime minister
why even live?

Never met my father here, it affected me in a couple ways.
Firstly, I have Aspergers but instead of letting myself become a Chris Chan-like figure, I've become a self-sufficent person.
Secondly, I'm gay but I have decided not to be degenerate. I'm in a dedicated relationship right now with a right wing, /k/ute guy. We're both very faithful to one another and don't shove our sexuality down other people's throats.
I've primarly had to overcome so much by myself but I am so detached from most people. But in the end, I'm happy I did. I'm completely a self-made person.

>tfw done time in Y.A.
>high iq autistic intj
I still sometimes have moment where I forget my name, but ill never forget my number. I escaped by squatting afterwards for like 2 years, then getting serious about my life. Never imagined id be where im at today for my age at 25.
I used to feel like this, but even when I was young all of my friends that I really considered friends were always about 2-5 generations older than me, which broke that weird feel. I seemed to skip that "in between" level and they singled me out over it, stating that I seem to be an "old soul" they can have a conversation with.
Partially. Some of us need that escape.
I still get shitfaced every day, I turned into a functioning alcoholic, which sadly plays into my hand. Doesn't help that I cross fade with wax.

My father is afraid of me.

Find out guys like trump and learn things from them.

I have a father who doesn't do anything at all
so my mother also need do father's job

it's not really sad
but sometimes I see my friends family
I felt very shallow inside

>What do anons who were not raised with a father figure?
I mostly browse Sup Forums and twitter for Trump related things. Listen to old talk radio shows like Art Bell off youtube. Work at a gas station.
I sometimes post on the Sup Forums share thread.
I listen to Michael Savage everyday.

I barely know my dad. He spent all his time working. Now I spend all my time working.

So just get a job maybe?

Lol my estranged father died and right after that I joined the army. Didn't help, although I have more money, training, and am more confident.

There is no recourse for people abandoned by their fathers, all you can do is either be a good father, or encourage another good father. It needs to end, there's no fixing what we already are.

Fuck it guys, you know what I'm going to leave my comfortable para-NEET life behind and buy a tent and go out into the world.

This thread is weird because I see a lot of the same feelings and thoughts echoed here, the tent thing is one of them, a yearning to get outside and stay there.

Have you gone through the phase where you want to learn how to work on cars yet?

>how to fix cars
>how to survive in nature

both skills you will always need desu

Exactly, break the cycle. Even if we ourselves cant be fixed, we can stop it from perpetuating. For some, this means biting the bullet and getting with someone that has kids. For others, it means starting over with their own. Iv'e seen it work both ways. Step fathers that have father issues themselves tend to fit the puzzle right, but this unfortunately falls into the hands of the bitchy manipulating woman.
Yes, saved money for 6 years to buy my dream car. On a side note, did any of you guys learn to drive way later in your life? If not that, do you have your license yet?

got my license when I was almost 19 years old, still have no idea how to drive stick shift, no one to ever teach me

Both skills that come from the father

That's not too bad. Everyone drives auto although I am buying a friends stick shift just to learn. At this point its all about self improvement. At 25, I barely got my license last year and am now driving a 25k car. All I did was focus on work, even sacrificed a bit of sleep and sanity for it. I still know people in their 30's that dont have a license because they never had anyone to teach them. After they got past a certain age, they were too ashamed to ask anyone for help.

alright i see your point

He was never around at all and when he was hed be drunk starting fights and trouble. My mom is 100% mentally ill with all sorts of shit too. Raging dope head and alcoholic till this day.

He left when i was around 10 and i kind of got back in touch about a year ago and hes got pretty bad alzheimers and mental illness now despite being only 59.

Im also a single child with 0 family. Im only 18 but i got into nat soc at a young age and looked at hitler as my father figure and role model most of my life.

My father left me and my mom when i was 1 year old.

I do feel like ive never really grown up. I dont really feel like im a man at all even though im 24 years old. my hobbies and ineterests will throw anyone off into thinking im a man but i just dont feel it inside. The choices i make will make the difference and thats how people will perceive me for the rest of my life.

I honestly dont plan on living for long anyway.