"Post-truth" named word of the year for 2016 by Oxford Dictionaries

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/16/post-truth-named-2016-word-of-the-year-by-oxford-dictionaries/

Are facts dead? Has Donald Trump killed truth?

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2009/03/what_was_the_matrix.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They did. Postmodernism is as leftist as it gets.

>hey guys sometimes people find it effective to appeal to emotion instead of logic or ethics

hey, it's almost as if there is already a term for this that anyone who's taken a philosophy or debate 101 class would know

>lie
>other people lie too
>HEY STOP LYING
okay whatever you say

just butthurt lefties, these are the same twits that came up with 'staycation'.

What's with this newspeak we have enough words why do we need new ones

Is that what they call living in the reality where Trump actually had a good shot of winning for the past year, as opposed to the reality they were living in?

To replace the ones that the left have bastardized.

Can you see the new narrative they try to spin Sup Forums? Only 'real news' with 'real facts' are allowed, or the goyim get strange ideas, the real struggle has only begun.

>normies finally rediscover the Baudrillard meme

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2009/03/what_was_the_matrix.html

word of 2016 is cuck. it triggered everyone and was the word to express anything and everything relevant that happened in 2016. Oxford are cucks and are too triggered to put it in.

>NEW WORD!
>It's just a hyphenated compound word

MEDIOCRE

But 'post-truth' goes hand in hand with libtardation. A lot of facts are aggressively rejected because they don't agree with the politically correct narratives.

>post-truth

We've got to remember that the people behind this don't play by our rules, they will act as if "post-truth" means "lies" and expect us to act accordingly, with shock and horror, to fight against it. However, these people are subversives who wish to destroy traditional society, including the idea of objective truth, which they do not believe in. Truth for them is determined by consensus, a consensus which they dedicate themselves to shaping, their consensus.

Once we realise this, we see that "post-truth" means "post-liberal-consensus" which they treat as bad as actual lies, but which of course, is not.

> muh truth
> listen to me
> its not fair
> listen and believe
> how dare you not believe my truth
> its not a lie, its fact
> I'm a journalist
These retards should be euthanized in a painful way.

>Left wing Post-modernism argues for relative truth
>lose an election
>complains about truth

really fires the neurons.

If Trump is "Post-truth", then the left is even more post-truth.

>lefties lie about radical islam
>lefties lie about trade deals
>lefties lie about Russia
>Donald Trump says something lefties disagree with
>OMG DRUMPF STOP LYING I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN. I GUESS WE LIVE IN A POST-TRUTH ERA YOU FUCKING RACISTS.

>newspeak
what the fuck is going on

>leftist media spends 18 months lying about Trump, his campaign, and his supporters
>blames Trump for killing objectivity and rationality

Pretty sure it's not a partisan phenomenon.

>media spews complete lies and fabrications
>people stop listening to media and get their news from other sources online
>OMG HOW DARE YOU THAT STUFF IS ALL FACTUALLY INCORRECT BELIEVE ME WE'RE TOTALLY HONEST

>Truth for them is determined by consensus, a consensus which they dedicate themselves to shaping, their consensus.

This, but ironically it is a "concensus" which is formed by circular logic — "all reasonable people agree this is truth, if you disagree then you are not reasonable therefore your opinion is worthless and can be discounted from our concensus".

It's a "consensus" that rejects the necessity of a majority, it's more like a quorum is formed whenever everyone in the room is a leftist.

>post-truth
This concept is just so fucking retarded. People have been deluding themselves into false narratives since the birth of humankind, and politicians have been lying and deceiving since the times politics have existed. There was never a non-post-truth era.

If anything, people are now more informed than ever. Sure the left/right divide is strong, but most people in each side know at least some statistics that are bound to be true, and have some rational arguments to defend their position.

This is some "music was better when I was 12"-tier commentary. As if millenials just realised that this is how the world works and are having a childish rant about it.

But isn't that two words?

When lefties do it's false consciousness

When right do it it's post-truth