Stormin' Norman Thread

Post about Best Boy. Hopes for the future? Predictions for Post-TASM? I'm 99% sure Slott is gonna make him an Iron Man villain, and I'm honestly okay with it. Dark Reign was the most fun I ever had with Marvel.

I dunno, but he's my favorite villain as far as purely being a villain goes. These days I'm sick of apologetic villains or sympathetic villains or villains who have been heroes unironically, Norman is irredeemable, unrelatable, an incorrigible and that's perfect.

Comics need more over the top pieces of shit villains.

Why do people like Dark Reign so much? The villains supposedly in charge were utterly incompetent and lacked real menace

>gets carnage
>carnage call his securty
>"no, they serve me well"
>end up by torturing them to death

>old kit
>it’s modern tacticool

Why were 2000s comics and upwards so self conscious about their silly costumes

He meant the purple parts only.

That's probably why.
The driving question of the event isn't 'will the heroes win?', it's 'how much of a mess will the villains cause before their inevitable fall'.
There's no tension in the former since inevitable status quo but the latter is at least a bit engaging.

Slott didn't have that much to do with Norman during Dark Reign. Heck Spider-man was disappointingly absent from Dark Reign.

I liked the Goblin King and the Personal Demons issue, but otherwise his Norman has been pretty lacklustre. I don't know if it's the Spidey memory wipe or a lack of clear motivation post-DR but he feels too generic. And this is from someone who likes him for being such a bastard.

What’s he doing in Slott’s book anyway?

Would husbando if he didn’t have messed up hair

I wish they'd try to keep the hair in adaptations.
Take it as a challenge.

He spent a long time trying to get his goblin mojo back but failed. Now he has the Carnage symbiote, which recently cured him from the anti-goblin nanites Peter put on him. He's going to become "Red Goblin" for the final battle in Slott's run.

>I'm 99% sure Slott is gonna make him an Iron Man villain
Why do you think that, exactly?

Shouldn't it be Yellow Goblin? Because red plus green equals yellow.

Slott’s taking over Iron Man, he and Norman have a history, so it’s not far-fetched to cross him over for a story or two.

Nice I do that irl.

>Slott’s taking over Iron Man
Is... Is this confirmed?

He should combine his Iron Patriot armor with the symbiote while he takes the serum

Well yeah. He announced it on Twitter a few weeks ago.

>Dark Reign was the most fun I ever had with Marvel.
The only way this should be true is if the only Marvel you've ever read was Dark Reign to the present.

fun=/=quality.

Yeah I just looked it up. Glad he's finally off spider-man, sad Iron-man will continue to have garbage comics.

>Dan Slott admitting the only reason he was on spider-man for so long was to hit a shitty milestone only he cares about
seriously fuck this guy

>sad Iron-man will continue to have garbage comics.
Eh, I have some hope. Not a lot, but...

Maybe he'll surprise us and the last however many years he's been coasting doing nothing with spider-man were spent planning out an amazing run of iron man.

Or maybe he'll just keep coasting because he's a hack writer.

Slot is the best writer you dumb clowns.