10 years ago Phineas&Ferb embodied everything I hated about cartoons

10 years ago Phineas&Ferb embodied everything I hated about cartoons.
Now it's everything I miss about cartoons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qSurv9r-2C0
youtube.com/watch?v=j3kNyhLoMDM
vocaroo.com/i/s1QBLxOyKjvb
youtube.com/watch?v=y1jYDIsblz4
youtube.com/watch?v=b0PpsQ3wcUc
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-lroAtSTgU
youtube.com/watch?v=z6QIao-kbcg
youtube.com/watch?v=RHshwU5PBM4
youtube.com/watch?v=vpgWFXVjz0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Phineas and Ferb was good though

Proto-Calarts

youtube.com/watch?v=qSurv9r-2C0

That show embodied the age in which it was produced, which was when Obongo was president

Interesting how that works huh

liberals, their fantasy world is crazy appealing.

Not really in a political sense it just feels very early 2010s, like dated in a sense
P&F wasn’t horrible but very cliched

Explain.

I still don't like "Phineas and Ferb".
It's one thing to be meta-textual about your own show and the formula it follows on a regular basis.
It's another to recognize faults in your structure and do nothing about it.

P&F was the latter. It saw its own cliches and, rather than subvert expectations, remained true to those elements.

Phineas and Ferb had good writing though, enough to carry 3 seasons of interest for me, I honestly never understood the hate

What OP saw then
>Abstract design
>Corny humor
>Cliché characters
>Pointless songs
>Repetitive plot
>lol randumb
What OP see now
>Fluid animation
>Appealing art
>Consistent universe
>Good pacing
>Enjoyable humor
>Catchy songs

tfw songs from episodes you haven't seen in 7+ years are still carved in your brain

The idea of the villain being just petty and a legitimately good dad who goes too far with all he does needs to be used more often.

Doofenshmirtz did it right

>inb4 pickle doof

Ahh, Perry the Platypus. I’m sure you’re wondering why I’ve turned myself into a pickle. Well, aside from being an excuse to trap you in a giant pickle jar, it all started long ago... When I was little, my favorite Drusselstenian pickle parlor was shut down, and replaced with a ridiculous “salad bar”. All they had was cucumbers which are just pickles that haven’t become pickles yet; that’s like eating grapes instead of raisins! I mean, seriously, some people just have ZERO taste! Now, my original plan was to use my pickle-inator to turn aaall the worlds cucumbers into perfectly produced pickles, and then if that worked out, I’d move on to the raisin thing. Buuut, as you can see, it didn’t exactly turn out as planned... However! I’ve already concocted a NEW evil scheme, with my OTHER latest invention, the meme-inator! With it, I will flood every social media platform with lazy, unoriginal jokes, all centered around my new, vinegar-soaked form! I’M PICKLE DOOOOF!”

Doof is GOAT villain.

Perry/Doof segments were the only parts worth watching

he was one of the few villains that I would root for even thought he still did ligament evil shit.

Just because it got older doesnt mean i hate it any less. Fuck this show. Thats not to say most modern cartoons arent utter garbage either, but still.

Why hide such a correct opinion?

What is there to dislike about Phineas and Ferb? It's such a genuine, innocent show.

>season 4 was good enough to not be outright horrible but bad enough that people go "well it's a good thing it's over" instead of being left wanting more

Better that than seasonal rot.

Phineas&Ferb embodied everything I hate about cartoons.
And it still does.

>genuine

Indeed was a show more smart than it appear.

If you hated Phineas and Ferb at any point in your life you're a tasteless fucking retard. It's maybe one step below classic Spongebob on the good-shit-o-meter.

So why japs loved this show so much?

They have a fondness for weird things.

>lol randumb
You have no idea what randumb is.

I never liked Spongebob

I will assume that you are very young and have only seen the terrible post-movie episodes, therfore I forgive you.

can you illustrate us?

I'll never understand why they love South Park.

I always liked how half of his evil schemes were just needlessly elaborate revenge plots on someone or something that had recently wronged him in some minor way.

Nothing beats the needlessly complex schemes to solve a very simple problem. Like moving the Earth from its orbit rather than getting new sunscreen.

Nearly every episode follows the exact same beats to an almost autistic degree. The writing was good but not good enough to keep such a formulaic show from rapidly getting stale.

The show was always bad though. Full of silly songs and boring story and cast. It only 1 or two good jokes and the movie was lame as fuck. You people have no taste

But isn't that the fun of it? It plays straight, then subverts every cliche possible.

Obligatory : youtube.com/watch?v=j3kNyhLoMDM

You can't deny that in comparison to the shit currently on air it's a masterpiece

Cliche's and faults are not mutually exclusive.

How was it cliched?

Season 4 was good.
Yes, you could tell they where running out of ideas because they where starting to break status-quo.
They ended it before it jumped the shark and become something else.

Cause it's Di$ney.
Japs are trained from birth to like anything the rodent makes.

oh man i haven't seen that third panel face in years, what's its name?

hey the dooftopian alternate future was pretty cool and the reason being a lost train toy is a good joke. Its the crossover specials that were terrible.

This show became unwatchable when they started the marvel/star wars spoofs

Yo senpai im new!!!!!!! holds up mixtape my name is Daquan but u can call me t3h N1GgA oF d00m!!!!!!!! bruh…as u can see im a real savage. thats why i came here, 2 meet % no chill ppl like me… im 16 years old (i got first hand street experience tho!!) i like 2 Netflix n chill w/ my sidepiece (cuz you know this ain't my main one, smdh) bcuz da pussy is straight fire!!!! shes savage 2 of course but i want 2 meet more savage ppl =) like they say the more lit the squad the more lit the pussy!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make a big squad here so give me lots of retweets!!!! WHYTHISNIGGADRAKELOOKLIKEASAUDIWARLORD?????!!!!!!!!!!

I read it in his voice

>Phineas and Ferb was board-driven
>Milo Murphy is script-driven

10 years ago was a cartoon dark age, why P&F of all shows?

Isabella has... interesting tastes.

there are 4 and a half things wrong with this post

>10 years ago
Holy shit, we're all old.

where has the time gone? in that ten years, what have we done that was worthy of are life? sometimes it's best to not look back.

This. Its one of the only shows based entirely around a formula that actually managed to feel fresh after hundreds of episodes.

fucking gold

/thread

The Star Wars one was pretty good.

that are both good specials.

vocaroo.com/i/s1QBLxOyKjvb

How terrible must life be being this stupid

>It's another to recognize faults in your structure and do nothing about it.
There was no fault, though. so they are not guilty of what you are complaining about.

being a procedural show doesn't mean it's intrinsically bad.

>Fuck this show.
But why?

>Nearly every episode follows the exact same beats to an almost autistic degree.
And? That's not what make a bad show. Being a procedural show doesn't automatically mean it is bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=y1jYDIsblz4

Its VERY WELL cliched

I remember back when Sup Forums hated the original Ben10 with a fucking passion, because Cartoon Network was pushing it so hard. The only time I ever remember seeing a thread about it that wasn't shitting on it was the week before Alien Force premiered. Nowadays, people insist that Sup Forums never hated the show. I eagerly await the day some shit like Teen Titans Go is remembered as a classic.

For the most part it wasnt funny and they had to shove in some stupid song each episode and i usually hate music in shows and the songs were unusually bad even for a tv show. Doofenshmirtz was the only great character, he deserved his own show instead.

Fireside girl segments, love handel bits, Norm portions, Lawrence plots, and cast crossover occurrences (Like Vanessa and Candace interacting or Phineas and Doof) .

>>i usually hate music in shows

so, this is just your taste. I like musical segments if are good and PaB has many good songs.

>nd they had to shove in some stupid song each episode and i usually hate music in shows and the songs were unusually bad even for a tv show.
The quality of music was incredibly great, the fuck are you on?

Phineas and Ferb
Strange to name your show after side characters.

The hell, which episode is this? I could've swore I've seen them all

BOW CHIKA WOW WOW

That guy carried the show, to be honest.
Phineas on the other hand had more character in the pilot, than in the entire series all together. It's sad that Disney forced them to compromise his character to Mickey Mouse levels.

Surprisingly good.
youtube.com/watch?v=b0PpsQ3wcUc

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-lroAtSTgU

Cheerful reminder that Norm sings a happy song about murdering hundreds of people. And it's brilliant.

It has never been clear, to me:
Did Doof design and build Norm, or did he just ordered him online and ikea'ed him?
>you now realize Doof treat norm the way his father treated him.

In his debut episode he was designed to be the epitome of a bog standard generic American man so we can assume he was hand built to that end. Then I suspect Doof liked the company so he kept him around and then he developed the slightly snarky personality.

was necesssary or he would have been insufferable.

Only towards his sister, who actively tries to get him into trouble for petty reasons, and unlike the current Phineas, he is aware of this, but treats it as a minor annoyance.
Going by episode 1, he is not Jimmy Neutron. He's just a kid, who uses his talent to have fun.

It really came out at the perfect time and in the perfect position to make a big impact.

>before smartphones
>before cancerous YouTubing was mainstream and something kids spent their time doing
>when kids still watched TV regularly
>was an actual good show with multigenerational humour and catchy songs
>most other shows at the time were shit
>was ubiquitous and aired often

It's no surprise it's fondly remembered.

Gen Z and millenial are the same generation;, more or less.

Millennial are people born in the late 80's and 90's who more or less reached adulthood in the the 2000 and 2010 decades.

>23
>too old
Nigger, I'm 36 and this is one of my all time favorites, sands the last half of season 4.
Pic related is a bit of my current playlist.

No

Millennials 80s to midish 90s
Gen Z late 90s to early 2010s

I'm 23 and one of the late millennials.

hi mario

Mario, stop trying to become a voice actor and get back to saving the princess.

youtube.com/watch?v=z6QIao-kbcg

youtube.com/watch?v=RHshwU5PBM4

youtube.com/watch?v=vpgWFXVjz0k

There where only two and the Star Wars one was God-tier.

Marvel was the weakest of all the specials. Ironically the Marvel stuff was good but they ended up dropping the ball on the kids.
Still fun though.

Oh god damnit I just got that song out of my head!