Are you ready for the "Black Panther and friends" era of the MCU...

Are you ready for the "Black Panther and friends" era of the MCU, now that the "Iron Man and friends" era is almost over?

As long as it keeps based marvel on top and DC six feet under I'm ready for anything

It will end as soon as the Fox deal goes through. Then it will be the "Wolverine and friends" era.
And Storm will be top black superhero and their WW (fuck Carol)

I was afraid it might become the Doctor Strange and Friends Era

So I'm relieved

Sure, that sounds pretty cool.

im ok with that

is there any truth behind the temporary avengers in the animated show?

Avengers Gen 2 would be who, BP, Bucky Cap, Falcon, Wanda, Thor, Hulk, and Hawkeye I guess but who else?

Would they take Ant-Man and Wasp or should they stay separate and get new members like Tigra and Wonderman?

Panther is fine, I'm not so hot on all the other characters surrounding him though. Ant-Man is goofy, Wasp is bitchy and boring, Strange is bona fide gratingly obnoxious, Spidey is alright but both him AND goofy Ant-Man might be too many goofy bugs on one team, and the odds of Captain Marvel being decent are low since no one can seem to decide what her character traits even are.

Mental illness

The new roster is too resourced and powerful to need another Stark or SHIELD to help them.

Scott has the Pyms who are wealthy, scientifically skilled and also Pym Particles.
Strange has magic and Kamar-Taj.

Even if Stark bit it, it's unlikely Spider-Man transfers over to T'Challa when they barely know each other. He'd probably just remain solo only joining a larger team when needed. I figure the same applies to Vision.

Then there's Carol, here's the real crux of it all. This fucking push of hers has been building up to to this moment, it's clearly her turn so if they're going to be banding under anyone I imagine it will be her. Especially if they decide to reveal and introduce more extraterrestrial threats after Strange, GotG, Ragnarok and IW laid out there's a lot going on out there the Earth heroes are unaware of, it would be easy enough to have her form and lead an MCU SWORD thing that would basically be space Avengers, not like how Bendis thought GotG but like actually.

I'm not thrilled about the idea, but it clearly wouldn't take much, whereas T'Challa as newly ruling King has too much tying him to Wakanda and therefore Earth. With where the MCU is likely going, expansion through him is tricky.

yes DC and it's fans are mentally ill

fpbp

Steve: T'Challa, Clint and I (and the rest of the team) have been talking, and we just wanted to ask why there seem to be so many VIbranium Smugglers all over the place recently. New York, Australia, Spain, and so on. It's great to have you help out when you just happen to be where we are, but we just want to know if there's anything we can do to help you beat down this endemic.
T'Challa: ...there aren't any smugglers. I just wanted to hang with you guys.

So it's basically confirmed by this point he'll be the leader after Tony dies in IW and his sister will inherit the Iron Man armor, right? Finally we will get some IMxCap if Bucky gets the shield too

captain marvel, falcon cap, black panther, cho hulk, wasp, and kate bishop

T'challa is a lot more stoic and serious for a MCU hero, so you wouldn't have to worry about him mugging for the camera and trying to steal the show. So I wouldn't mind it.

Yeah though he had his funny moment in Black Panther it was mostly plying a straight man to Klaw, M’Baku, and Shuri.

They are going to have to change him from most anti-social superhero Marvel has to something else. The guy never stays on a team longer than 5 issues at best.

Well, movie T’Challa isn’t a narrow minded asshole. It should be easier.

Getting pretty sick of RDJ Iron Man, so yeah, bring it.

replace Kamala with Scarlet Witch and I could see it

>Black Panther and friends
Namor can fix that

people will be wanting a GOOD Aquaman movie by that point too

You can't make anything good with a shitty character like Namor

It would be fine of he just stuck to his own movies. But everything else being forced to have some Iron Man in it is frustrating.

Spider-Man was just Iron Man lite.

Pretty impressive to destroy a landlocked country by tidal wave. No one cares about that largish chunk of Africa that was also annihilated on the trip to Wakanda

I think he brought it up the river.

I'd like some MCU defenders that introduces Namor

>And Storm will be top black superhero and their WW
Keep telling yourself that, remember Mystique? shit characters with A list actors always have more pull than nobodies playing popular characters.

Are you implying that Brie Larson is A-List?

Chadwick or wtv is name isn't a whore and a suck up like RDJ, he can't carry shit and I heard he's the weakest part of his own movie.
Bottom line, there won't be another diva demanding to be the focus of everything.

>being so pathetic that you have to respond to your own anti-DC post with fpbp

I believe wakanda is surrounded by lakes and rivers.

She has been around, won an Oscar I think, yeah Cap Marvel is going to leave any potential MCU Storm in the dust, solo movie > team movie.
Unless...you think for hot minute that Storm will be the the focus of a X-Men movie lol.

Or more fucked up that a landlocked country and an undersea kingdom in the Atlantic keep wanting to wage war with each other.

Comics Carol is shit, yeah. But MCU Carol is the bae Brie Larson.

Question, I’m assuming Carol never was Ms Marvel in this universe so, what’s Kamala’s excuse for calling herself that?

She likes Captain Marvek but she's not military, she's a little miss.

>Are you ready for the "Black Panther and friends" era of the MCU, now that the "Iron Man and friends" era is almost over?

Not really. It's already been 10 years and after their big over arc with Thanos is complete I doubt I'll care about what comes next. I didn't even go to the movies to see all last years Marvel movies and waited for the home release

You mean Carol and friends.

Nobody likes Carol and Brie Larson is obnoxious as fuck

Everybody Loves Carol and Brie is bae.

>Bae

Americans still say that stupid shit?

>shit characters with A list actors always have more pull than nobodies playing popular characters.
Hugh Jackman proves you wrong.

She really captures comic Carol's manliness, I'll give you that.

CG isn't advanced enough for a proper Doc Strange era

sure didnt stop em from trying

all magic manifests as sparks

>he can't carry shit

he was good as James Brown and Jackie Robinson

Meh, I like him a lot more than Tony.

Carolfag is still delusional I see

>no tits or ass
>bae

more like nay

I'm ready for the new era, as long as we aren't focusing on the typical avengers. Panther Blanco, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Ant Man, basically everyone minus the main Avengers cast can get a movie.

No. I'm really not. Wish Tony was still the hottest shit around but now we gotta deal with ripoff batman for a while. Dark Knight still best capeshit movie.

Hell yes vrother

Since the MCU is supposed to have a more cosmic focus after Infinity Wars, Starlord might be the main man introducing new people. So he might be the RDJ, to Nova's Spider-Man.

No, it'll be Carol.

only if it includes these characters:

Deathlok
Moon Knight
Cloak and Dagger
Bishop and Shard
Morbius the Living Vampire
Man-Thing

White women are old and busted. Her movie probably won't even make half of Black Panther's entire gross.

you can find 3kg of soy at your doorstep tomorrow morning

Deathlok has already come and gone in agents of shield

I was more interested in the post IW MCU than I was after the buying back of X-Men happened. Cause instead of getting new stuff, we'll be stuck with the tedious X-Men recycling of hype. People are already hoping that Storm will marry Black Panther.

Anything as long as Tonky Stunk is gone.

What human isn't old and busted?

BP's solo movie is making more than any Wolverine movie ever made.

Don't look at her, you're violating her you rapist.

>Black Panther
>ripoff Batman

Sup Forums still unable to read comics

Wait, Namor can't do that, that's racist

>Hugh Jackman proves you wrong.
The first X-Men movie made Hugh Jackman an A-lister - at the time, Fox was hyping Patrick Stewart because of the Captain Picard thing. Almost all of the following movies focused on Wolverine at the expense (X-pense?) of the other characters, since it was a breakout role for him. By the time he was getting tired of it, they fortunately had J-Law locked into a contract.

Movie studios are always going to play up the most popular actor... that's why even though he wasn't in much of Homecoming, RDJ was all over the poster and trailers. Marvel's been pretty smart, though, in getting big names and keeping them happy. Even if RDJ said "fuck it, I'm done," they've got Evans, Johansson, Pratt, Hemsworth, Hiddleston, Stan, Jackson, and Cuminhersnatch.

DC's mistake is that they really tried to make it all about the director, and unless you've got a Spielberg, nobody REALLY gives a shit outside of the hardcore fans - and they're just not enough to create a blockbuster on their own. I'm not trying to start argument 373,592 about Snyder, I'm just saying the to the general movie going public, most people couldn't care less about the director. Hell, I'd be willing to bet the majority of people couldn't name the director of every Marvel (or even DC - Snyder didn't direct them all) movie without looking it up... but they can name the actors who played most or all of the main characters.

I'm cool with it. BP is a boring character and him getting overexposed will not change much. Meanwhile Iron Man can go back to being a B-Lister with actual depth and good books, not suffering from synergy bullshit. And in a few years, when the craze has ended, BP will be another capeshit, maybe Blade 2.0, when IM will always be remembered for kickstarting this phenomenon. Things are looking up for Ironfags, really.

No Fox marvel movie has made as much as what BP will make

I've been ready my G!!

>Founding Avenger
>Has had his own book since 1968 with almost no gaps
>500+ solo issues plus hundreds of team book apperances
>B-Lister

The fuck's your criteria for A-list?

Meh. T'challa isn't bad, but he wasn't a very interesting character to watch, apart from his fine ass in the suit.

RDJ Tony became the face of MCU because he's always entertaining and a 20-40% better actor than most his co-stars.

Eh, I don't want Sup Forums to swarm me with "Tiny Stunk" and "Starkfags a-bloo-bloo-bloo". A-List should realistically mean "even my grandma knows about said character", which IM wasn't before the movies. If you move those guys to S-List though (Batman, Superman, Spider-Man) then yeah, IM can be classified as A-List.

do you guys think avengers will even make it to phase 4? so far all mcu has planned are spiderman and gotg.
i think the rights to ff and xmen will come back and phase 4 will see much less of 'black panther and friends' and more reboots of the real money makers

>real money makers
>F4 and X-men
user, X-men movies outside of Deadpool have never made outrageous amounts of money. Most of them are good quality, but compared to a lot of other superhero movies they get average box office returns. GotG outgrossed every X-men movie so far. Avengers movies did 1.5 and 1.4 billion, Thor Ragnarok over 800, Civil War over a billion. Meanwhile, Days of Future Past did 747 million (and only 233 domestically, on par with Doctor Strange) and it's still the highest grossing X-men movie.

If Disney had to choose between the Avengers brand and the X-men brand, they would choose Avengers. It's the bigger moneymaker.

>the movie only did so well because loads of niggers went out to see it as the new "civil rights" movement it was hyped to be
>we now have to deal with more political bullshit in hero movies

god i hate niggers.

This

you guys are only looking at box office returns.
think about all the merchandise marketed towards children. wolverine on every kids backpack, the thing or human torch on yogurt cups. xmen have been big sellers since the 60s.

I mean, even taking merchandise into account Avengers is still huge. I see more people with Captain America shirts nowadays than with Wolverine backpacks.

X-Men are not the top dogs anymore, that changed in 2012 when Avengers came out. Deadpool is something else though and is a big draw for normies, I bet Disney is the most eager to get him out of all the Fox characters.

you think disney gives a shit about deadpool?
disney?

I think you underestimate the popularity scale. Spider-Man might have had a dip in quality with the Amazing films, and yet Spider-Man is all people talk about with the MCU. People keep going "Show us lots of Spider-Man in Infinity War" and right now after Black Panther, people want Shuri and Spider-Man to meet.

Now imagine that with the X-Men in the MCU. People already want Storm to marry Black Panther. Wolverine and Deadpool will constantly be asked about, and it'll just be overwhelming how much X-Men fans want their presence in the MCU. All they need to do is be more general audience friendly than the X-Men films of FOX.

My prediction is no is going to become the face of the MCU while Stark takes on a Nick Fury-esque role as Director of SHIELD, showing up more as a supporting role in films than a primary driving force

Well, yes. Deadpool made 700 mil without China. Deadpool merchandise is almost everywhere, and you might as well add him to the future Avengers lineup.

>Mr prediction is BP

you cant market deadpool to 10yr olds, user.
fact is, he doesnt sell well to alot of angry moms

replace BP with Spiderman, and you might be onto something

You shitting me? Kids LOVE Deadpool! At my other job, one mother kept bringing in her kid who would go on about Deadpool. He's even been in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. The weird "Deadpool can only be Rated R" crowd that came out around the film is the same group that want a Rated R Spider-Man film where Carnage slices up a school set to Cotton Eyed Joe.

Why do you want dc movies to be bad don't you just want to see good movies having this kind of biased opinion is just sad

That all depends if Sony doesn't go full retard with Spider-Man after the second film. Though, if they pair Spidey with Black Panther...

underated post, niggers

>
>
>you guys are only looking at box office returns.
>think about all the merchandise marketed towards children. wolverine on every kids backpack, the thing or human torch on yogurt cups. xmen have been big sellers since the 60s.

When it comes to merchandising, nothing beats Star Wars, so when combined with toys and such, I'd think Star Wars would probably take top spot.

DC would move up quite a bit in that case as well. Sure, their latest round of movies haven't been that great, but they still have some of the most well known and recognizable characters on earth. One thing DC has always had going for it is an immediately recognizable symbol for their main characters - Superman's "S," the Bat symbol, the Green Lantern, Flash's Thunderbolt. Marvel is a bit weaker in that regard, with only Cap's shield and the X on everything X-Men related.

Marvel's real strength movie-wise is casting and keeping good actors, and usually those guys are pretty hyped about being in the movies too. Directors are important, don't get me wrong, but you need a Spielberg or Tarantino to pack people into a theater regardless of who is in the flick, and even then, those guys tend to use very marketable actors. You can tell the Marvel actors are pretty happy to be there and enjoying themselves... there doesn't seem to be as much joy and fun in the DC movies for the people involved, and that's a damn shame.

>When it comes to merchandising, nothing beats Star Wars, so when combined with toys and such, I'd think Star Wars would probably take top spot.
You obviously haven't seen what has happened post Last Jedi. Star Wars toys aren't selling and are flooding stores. They even marked a lot of their action figures to $1

mostly because it's really funny

>You obviously haven't seen what has happened post Last Jedi. Star Wars toys aren't selling and are flooding stores. They even marked a lot of their action figures to $1

Did I not see a New Hope listed in the movie list? Or James Bond films stretching back to the Sean Connery days? We're talking about total franchise, not just what happened in the past week (if we were, it would be all Black Panther). Show of hands: who hasn't owned a piece of Star Wars merchandise at some point in their lives? In revenue from games and toys, Disney has made $1.75 billion from Star Wars in 2016 alone. There have been over 9 BILLION Star Wars action figures sold... that's more than enough for every man, woman, and child on the face of the earth to have one.

Sure... the Star Wars movies have made around 9 Billion dollars... the Merchandising has made almost $35 Billion. I'm not saying Marvel, or DC, or Transformers don't have great merchandising as well, far from it, but in terms of slapping a logo on something to sell it, Star Wars is pretty hard to beat.

Hell, back in the day, I when I was a kid, I owned most of the Secret Wars stuff (even the Tower of Doom)... I've got plenty of stuff with the Superman or Batman logo on it, but none of that comes close to the sheer amount of Star Wars stuff I had as a kid. I know, I know, a lot of people hated the Last Jedi, but I bet they're still making serious bank with merch and licensing.