Give me one reason why Electoral College should be kept

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/51943-california-sinking-faster-than-thought.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries,_2008
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because of the picture you posted

The whole point is to prevent states like Wyoming to be trounced by states like California every single fucking election because they're different places with different priorities.

you answered yourself

> wanting the vote of illegals to be worth more

that seems perfectly logical, in fact, Californians may be worth even less than that. Maybe around 1/1,000,000th of a vote would be closer? Just based on the kind of people they are, I mean.

This image is horrible. The vote of californians should be worth less.

>liberal math
Are you a fucking retard? You sound like you're part goldfish you fucking fruitcake.

>implying californians should have any say in our elections
#calexit when?

holy shit satan

MAKE CALIFORNIA THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA AGAIN

Deport the illegal immigrants and establish vote ID law in all the states, then we can talk about maybe giving Caliphate more power.

Live in California, can confirm
Fuck this state

>Requiring ID is "voter discrimination" in some states
>fuck shitskins

> California is sinking even faster than scientists had thought, new NASA satellite imagery shows.

> Some areas of the Golden State are sinking more than 2 inches (5.1 centimeters) per month, the imagery reveals. Though the sinking, called subsidence, has long been a problem in California, the rate is accelerating because the state's extreme drought is fueling voracious groundwater pumping.

livescience.com/51943-california-sinking-faster-than-thought.html

soon....

>>>/HighSchoolCivicsClass/

wyoming 2 senators
california 2 senators

Because fuck California.

You're perfectly free to move to Wyoming, it's literally in the same country as California.

>Why shouldn't the country be run by a tyranny of the majority

The way we have it now gives roughly equal representation to both urban and rural interests. Urban interests happen to have fucked themselves over like retards this time and thus lost big, but usually the system provides a fair balance between the two in terms of representation.

In a direct democracy, only urban interests would ever be catered to in any way.

This
Guys we have to remove the liberal scourge, I can't take it anymore I think I might move to Mexico

follow this ratio
California will got 200 electoral votes

>Wyoming has only 3 (electoral votes)
>California has 55
>implying Wyoming should get fucked even more

Let's be honest here, that's probably right because California is such a shit hole. A shinny place that's about as fake as Dubai, I've lived and worked all over the world and not even Brazil and Colombia are as dislikeable as California.

Jesus Christ? You fucking cucks are mad cause poor little Wyoming has 3 electoral votes? I'm not even American but this anti-democratic shit pisses me off. Wyoming is afforded about 5% of the electoral power California is? Why the fuck would any President do ANYTHING for Wyoming? What possible reason would they have to stay in the USA if they don't even have a voice in the election?

Moreover, that isn't even the worst. You don't agree to a match, then after the match is over move the goal posts. What sort of bullshit is that! Did HRC and the DNC not implicitly agree to the terms of the electoral college? I'm sure they wouldn't have complained in the event of the electoral landslide they predicted?

Even if the EC was thrown out, it would change the campaign strategies. Trump would have spent all his time and money in population centers and speculating on that is pointless because it isn't the rules that they agreed to prior to the election? If you throw away the EC the only loser is Wyoming and I think it's safe to say they have sufficiently little sway in the election as it is.

Because trump won due to it.

Then move to Wyoming wtf

What's with this meme? Why do people pretend Wyoming citizens have a more importance than California citizens? In a hypothetical universe, say Wyoming went Blue. It would change a damn thing. If California in this universe magically turned Red, everyone would flip their shit with how insane that would be and would ensure Trump an even bigger landslide if only these 2 states switched. Apply this to every other state. And I agree with how the EC has problems. Even with it, California has way too much power. Trump needs to nerf it in the next update.

As a Californian I can safely say the people here don't deserve to vote

>In a direct democracy, only urban interests would ever be catered to in any way.
Came here to post this.

The minimum a state can have is 3 electoral votes. Comparing a state like Texas to California, you find an equal proportion (709k per vote for Texas, 705k per vote for Cali). It's when you hit the minimum that you see these discrepancies.

I could easily make an image comparing Vermont's population per vote to Texas and make it seem like the system is skewed in favor of Dems (709k per vote for Texas, 208k per vote for Vermont).

TL;DR Fuck off

States that flip flop are worth more because they don't always align with one party, how is thia hard to understand?

>obongo wins with the electoral vote and not the popular vote
ITS THE WAY IT WORKS YOU FUCKING WHITE MALES CHECK YOUR GODDAMN PRIVELEDGE

>trump wins with the electoral vote and not the popular vote
WOW WHAT A FUCKING FLAWED SYSTEM WHY THE FUCK WONT THESE GODDAMN WHITE MALES CHECK THEIR FUCKING PRIVELDGE

I will the moment you can present a rational argument against keeping it with a solid base in reality

Remember that this is unfair, but a progressive tax system is completely fair.

Trump should replace the electoral vote with the popular vote, but make it contingent on a nationwide vote ID law.

Productive people in the country supporting useless city dwellers can lead to terrible things.

LETS FIX IT SO WE ALWAYS WIN

its gonna be WET.

i live in california and the people around me are all retarded. it actually took me a few read throughs on your infographic to notice they were complaining.

the best solution is to keep the EC but have every state award their electors proportionally like many states do with their delegates in the primary. I.e. If you get 40% of the vote in California, you get 40% of the electors

Don't all state get 2 votes by default?
Doesn't that mean that the 584k people in Wyoming get 1 vote?
And California has 53 so that means 1 vote per 732k people.
So one Wyoming vote is the equivalent of 1.25 Californian votes, not even close to what that image says.

>tyranny of the majority
But the way it is now is tyranny of the minority

>it takes 705,454 Californians to equal 1 electoral vote

Only it doesn't, because the system isn't proportional representation but first past the post. If only 3 people in all of California voted, the winner of that state would take all 55 electoral college votes.

It's like the author of this image has no idea how their own political system works.

You can easily argue the reverse and say it takes roughly 18 Wyomings to equal one California. Your image is retarded, but will be believed by liberals on kikebook post it there.

> Founders believed in preventing the "dictatorship of the majority"
> Individual citizens do not vote for the president. Popular vote means nothing
> The states vote for president, with their say being dependent on their population

Sorry, system works as designed.

Everyone has two even though three should be the optimal to break clear ties

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority
We're a federal republic. If we did away with the electoral college, elections would be completely dominated by populous states. Could you imagine if we did things that way in the UN? If China, India and Brazil were represented strictly in proportion to their populations? It would be insanity. Same is true to a lesser extent for the United States themselves.

Can we please stop giving these cocksuckers guaranteed 300 (you's)? This thread has been done to death. I understand the coups from it are real but it just seems like its never going to change and it just OP'd for guaranteed you's.

50% of the population lives in 10 states. Electoral college makes sure the other 40 states matter

Actually Obongo committed voter fraud until he won the popular both times(each with less than a million margin) he wasn't as insanely popular as the left would have you believe

I don't really want to be ruled by New York and California more than I already am.

I live in California, and I can confirm that the EC has this right

Because it makes you mad

this

9 million of the 38 million Californians even voted this election. That's why we get 55 votes, cause millions of faggots in this state don't care about voting.

>Give me one reason why Electoral College should be kept.
Every country that has a parliament uses it.
What? You going to pull a metric system over this too?

the Vice President breaks ties in the Senate. probably his only real duty besides succession

>social science egalitarian math
>relevant

those fucks can't even into percentages

>muh one person one vote when that suite us

BECAUSE FUCK CALIFORNIA AND ITS MEXICAN ARMY

Because a state like california doesn't even require ID to vote...thus the average citizen, or worse, none citizen can vote as much as they want.. lol

I agree with this as well. But this would benefit RNC more if you numbercrunch. So don't tell libs that last part cause they stopped taking Math when they were 17 and won't know the dif.

Because your food comes from those poorly populated areas and they deserve their voice heard but it gets drowned out by the large number of people that live in cities.

>obama
>ever losing popular vote
Retard.

explain.

This is truth.

Also, we don't live in an actual 1 person = 1 vote democracy. We never have.

Funny how the left is always in favor of such systems and not popular vote, unless they lose that is

Because you want the opinion of places that produce your food. Unless cities start eating thier own shit EC is here to stay.

Now fuck off.

I wonder how many Chumps and Trumpettes would be calling for the end of the EC if Hillary had won the election but lost the popular vote.

All of them, probably.

Californians are worthless. Their votes shouldn't count as much as other people's.

This

Libtards are fucking stupid, new at 11

I wonder how many of these "producer" states that "don't want no interference" are actually just federal leeches that depend on tons of federal money just to survive. I would wager that the percentage hovers somewhere around 100.

None. The democrats are the only people actively trying to destroy the republic at the moment.

Here is the issue... they move to other states and try to turn the state they move to into New California... look at Colorado and Texas... shit is getting bad in both states.

Trump won.

I see your point. Perhaps we can make a new system that make Californian voters worth less.

There are an even number of states, so having three from each would still give you an even number.

Lel. I can't wait for trump to cut funding to the parasites in sanctuary states and cities

Wyoming isn't full of whining liberal faggots, spics and niggers. Hence they earned their extra representation.

Thank god we aren't in that doomed timeline.

keep dreaming, kiddo. ;) you fucktards were crying RIGGED months before the election even happened.

how was your first presidential election?

The population of the state is not what counts toward the electoral number. The number of CITIZENS does. Non citizens should have no say in politics here thus why they don't get counted.

Just a heads up there, leaf - I think somebody switched around your period and question mark keys.

Because L.A and San Fran people are fucking dumb pillocks that's why.

Because rural America and urban America is 2 different places with different needs.

Many states have populations that are equal to some large cities. If it weren't for the electoral college 4 or 5 states would be choosing what's best for the entire country.

Now while gun control may be a big thing in those 4 states, the other 46 they are just a part of every day life and not a problem. Is it fair that la and Oakland voters are voting based on muh gun violence in the inner-city, and the effects carry over to John in Nebraska who uses his gun to hunt with his buddies, or Allan in wooster, Ohio who goes target shooting because there is nothing else to do in wooster, Ohio.

It's the same thing that keeps the minimum wage low. The high rent, and cost of living of living in the city doesn't apply to rural areas. That 900 a month you pay for a studio in NYC will get you a decent house in bum fuck, Wyoming.

calculate the energy harnessed for each state per capita

Highly populated states are more wealthy. Giving more voting power to less wealthy states fits with in the spirit of the constitution, that being, protecting the minority from the majority.

Is Wyoming not entitled to representation?

The founders designed it perfectly for a reason.

good luck keeping usa together when your urban coastal liberal shitshows are in control of the rest of the country

I've been mulling this over since the election and I'm kinda conflicted
I believe the electoral vote works perfectly in America but UKIP got screwed over in the most dramatic way last year
tempted to say that we don't really have the landmass for a system like this but it's making my cognitive dissonance hurt just thinking it over

I don't know how to resolve it

Because 100,000 people who only live in cities have no idea what will best benefit 90,000 people who live all over the place

Then maybe they should be a better state.

Wyoming is like that retarded kid in class that brings everyone down because of "equality".

Well, shit. If only there were multiple branches of the government... one with "representatives" to make sure that their constituency is heard.

If a rational argument to get rid of the electoral college can be brought to the table than by all means I will defend it
It'd not that fucking hard, I already know a good reason to get rid of it and replace it with an even better system that already exists but OP is shill and leftists are too stupid(and would be very fearful) to institute the alternative
I was talking based strictly on within the state itself but then I guess the state government would worry about that since senators are for national representing only

Same reason why we have a Bicameral congress with one house having representation proportional to population and one without:
States rights.

Disapointing. I voted for McCain

californians aren't human

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries,_2008

Serves you right.