How is it honestly?

How is it honestly?

Good but not that much.
It's very confusing and forgettable. The only thing that you remember is the black panels with text.

Definitive character run for Deathstroke.
Pretty fun to read.

Really good. Priest does a lot of things you wouldn't expect

It has the same exact problems as volume 4 of Priest's BP (((casper cole))) run. It's a huge fucking mess but the characters are extremely likable.

>very confusing and forgettable
Pretty much.
Priest is a good writer but makes everything unecessarily overcomplicated to the point where emotional resonance is pretty much lost. The plot twists upon plot twists seem arbitrary, not revelatory. Nothing every clicks into place with "ah-ha!" but rather "huh?"
There are way too many black panels with section headings. Again it's just unnecessary to title every scene. It barely ever adds anything and almost always introduces another unnecessary layer of pseudo-profundity.

Was Priest always like this? It reads like someone hampered with asperger's or something (not autism, let's not go there, it's more overwrought and unamusing than autism).

He has the basics down. Everything is paced well and the characterizations and story ideas are on point. But he needs an editor to cut some of this down. His comics could be a lot stronger if someone removed his excesses.

>Definitive character run for Deathstroke.
Have you ever read the Wolfman run from the '90s? It literally defined the character and his supporting cast, which Priest is using.

I am surprised Deathstroke lasted this long. I really thought he wouldn’t get passed at 25 issues( I was even generous with this)

>was priest always like this

This is how i felt about black panther but in that case i let it go because ross is the narrator

Im loving how Slade is being portrayed as an incompetent loser but everyone (including the reader) is being fooled into thinking hes a real badass. All those points into intimidate are really paying off

I usually don't like rip offs/parodies but red lion felt like a better balanced and realistic version of black panther, he was not a good guy but he got his points

Amazing - cynical, bleak, funny, hopeful, idealistic, complex. The only downside is the art shifts, but since it went monthly, it's been much better about that.

I hope they never turn him into a good guy like they did to deadpool

I'm a whiteboi, but I fucking love Ja Zaki. He's like the BBC, brutish but funny Wingman you always wanted.

Only good Rebirth comic. Mediocre art though.

Isn't that always the case with priest? What the fuck is up with that

why does coates and hudlin get good artists

>incompetent loser
Are you reading a different comic from us?

I think individually all of his artists are good - Joe Bennett, Diogenes Neves, Carlo Pagulayan, Denys Cowan - but the inconsistency and rushed schedule can really kill the continuity and ability to do complicated things, leading to some repeated panel issues that some Sup Forums denizens don't appreciate.

He probably just doesn't go be a crap about the art so the editor finds him illustrators. Other writers reach out to the artists directly and have a relationship which is why they work more often with certain artists.

Cowan is the only one that's actually good but only if he gets a lot of time to draw, #11 looked much better than the Annual. Those other guys are mediocre, fill in level guys.

Um. Compared to the fill-ins that have been floating around Rebirth lately (Mendonca, Carnero, Briones, Merino), I think all the others are much more significantly appealing and interesting. They're not A listers, I would agree, but they're very good. And Neves is a really nice new artist.

>Only good Rebirth comic.
wrong

I mean, I agree that there are other good ones, but which ones do you like?

Nerves isn't a new artist. And they're all at that (DC Superstar Exclusive artist) Merino, Pasarin, Pelletier level. Fill in level.

No.

Seems relatively new. Though probably Pagulayan is about the same level of exposure. But compared to Cowan and Bennett, I thought he seemed new.

You forgot to add Scot Eaton. :)

Wolfman fell into the trap(which he started)of pushing Deathsroke as an antihero and justifying all the crap he pulled.

Priest does not pretend that Slade is an antihero and does not justify anything.

He fucks up literally everything he does. Theres even a part where he walks straight into a wall and tries to play it off. Things start off with people starting to like him and end up with them hating him more. Every time

Slade is bad at relationships. He's really good at killing people and complicated plans to prevent people from killing him.

nigga what the fuck does your race have to do with liking a character
however I really enjoy his banter with Slade and a really interesting addition to Slade's """friends"""

>it’s very confusing

Brainlet detected

this. i still love all the character moments and there's some great humor throughout but the plot is incomprehensible.

Are you fucking retarded?

It's easily my favourite Rebirth book, and has made me fall in love Slade, who I did like before but now he's easily one of my favourite DC characters.

The only book from rebirth worth a read.

pretty good