Second half of the season dropped yesterday. Was it really so bad that no one's talking about it?

Second half of the season dropped yesterday. Was it really so bad that no one's talking about it?

Some people talked about it yesterday but not everyone watched it yet. I liked it but I think people wanted more of an episodic tick this is a big seasonal plot. Looking forward to more of it myself.

Streaming shows aren’t popular here unless it’s Voltron or Bojack.

I liked it, The Terror is actually a good villain and I like Overkill's parody of the 90s. The Tick is spot on still

I'll watch it later

You have to pay more for an Amazon Prime membership (in one go) than a Netflix or Hulu membership, and the show is only just out, other people are waiting for it to show up elsewhere.

I watched a lot of it. Its pretty good, but I miss Patrick Walburton's voice

>Warburton
fucking...

Overkill is a great character. The humor is actually funny and character-based, not just quips. I'm surprised they went with the "gritty R-rated" tone for a Tick remake since I would guess most people remember it as a goofy cartoon, but it works.

I kinda wonder if it was also a response to how well the Netflix Marvel stuff did.

I didn't know because I don't watch amazon prime. Aside from the tick.

Jackie Earle Haley's Terror voice sounds like it hurts.

Loved the first half. Will watch the other half when it shows up on torrents.

This and happy re the two best super hero shows to come out in awhile

they are out, that's how I'm watching

Anyone have a mega?

what does the release schedule look like?
would much rather binge watch the second season.

Pilot aired in 2016. First half of the first season dropped last August. This is the second half of the first season. They did it that way so that people wouldn't sign up for an Amazon Prime trial, binge the whole season, then cancel right after. The second season is expected sometime next year.

I wonder how much they're going to pack in Season 2, I mean obviously AEGIS might be a SHIELD parody.

Doesn’t he produce the show? I keep expecting him as Barry.

Also, I hear Townsend Coleman voiced a character in this.

If it was really bad we would be talking about it then too.

Townsend Coleman voiced Midnight

It’s funny. Some of the Ticks lines don’t work but he’s more hit than miss, Overkill is a treat and Superian is easily the best Superman expy I’ve seen, period. It’s so refreshing to see a take on the Superman theme without him being a raging asshole who abuses his powers that I can’t help but recommend it.

Watch it, pirate it, gib to amazon for free shipping if you can, just watch it, only hero show I’ve loved since Flash season 1

Oh my God. That's the stupidest plan I've ever heard.

This show is great.

I enjoyed it, I have one nit pick about the final episode in which they reuse a fight scene with Arthur.

They have the Terror goons come at him and he stuns one with his gloves and then struggles with another to turn and palm stun in him the chest. Then cut away to a different scene among all the simultaneous action, but back to the start of Terror thugs approaching arthur and the same exact angles and scene.

Its right before Walter's Zatoichi impression

The writing on this show is top notch. The trailer, doesn't do it justice.

TL:ND

Who's the jew on the right?

The Parasitiforme

I like it so far. It's really good.

Minor comedic spoilers for the finale

I chuckled when the BTC sign broke off to form the "T" ship. Then I fucking lost it when the escape pod was a lowercase "t".

Loved this entire show.

The Terror being surprised by the Tick's existence, and kind of intimidated of such an invulnerable force was a really great moment.

I think what worked about it here is that you know the Terror is a major threat throughout the entire show, and how Arthur's character has been throughout the entire show, so that you expect Arthur to say "that's horrifying" or something. And it's not just a throwaway quip either, we see later that Superian also acknowledges that the Terror's plans make no sense.

Cute
u
t
e

>Look Superion made it too!

When will they make more?

Season 2 is signed, slated for 2019 release.

He voiced Midnight. And since they got him to do a role in this I wouldn't be surprised if they got Patrick Warburton to do something for it since he's producer.

Is the Moth's suit supposed to make him look like he has Down Syndrome?

I'm pretty sure he was always dumpy and unimpressive, but not retarded. I think he used to be overweight.

Amazon is the fucking worst, but damn if this new Tick isn't one of the best shows.

>that scene of Dangerboat giving Arthur a water massage

L-lewd

>the moth
Just Arthur, thanks.

>Take care of your feet
And just like the first half of the season, they waited just long enough for me to forget about that quirk of his.

It's supposed to make him look like someone you can work near
Dangerboat did WHAT!

I liked the bit with the answering machine.

I just bought the ben edlund collection but its the 4th edition, why not just keep printing the original, do the older versions have better bonuses?

It feels like a live action Venture Brothers if The Tick were part of that universe. It's great.

Huh, that's a good way to describe it. Many of the side characters are just a little too strange to exist in a non-cartoon world. When they're hanging out with the tiny scientist and tinfoil hat guy the screen looks very strange.

That's easy to say when The Venture Brothers ripped off of many aspects of The Tick and the creators wrote for a few episodes of the Tick cartoon.

Is there Die Fledermaus?

Based

I want to FUCK all the girls in this show

I want to FUCK you fucking all the girls in this show

I wonder what other modern superhero types they can make fun of in the next season.

Another billionaire playboy douchebag inventor hero like Iron Man? Alcoholic biker Aquaman?

They could bring back Agrippa for a Thor copy.

Did they really? That explains a lot.

There's a huge cast of good characters they could draw from in the comic/cartoon. The Batman expy (Fledermaus/Batmanuel) would be a good one.

They took one throwaway character (The Terror) and made him a fucking badass so they could really just pick any character with a cool design and run with it.

I'd like Chainsaw Vigilante, but Overkill took much of his kick already

I can't wait for Become Human: Detroit

Are they allowed to use any of them? Fox kept the rights to a lot of the original comic cast when they made the first show, and then again with the second. Who is left that they can use?

I feel like they have made fun of Batman and Wonderwoman a lot in the past series. It might be time to grab a few different characters and give them a chance.

If Edlund did it right, they only own the rights to stuff created for the shows and the comics stuff as preexisting properties are still his.

I have no idea about the behind-the-scenes stuff. I just liked the old Tick and I like the new Tick.

Yeah, but they did a good mix of old stereotypes (Superman) and more modern ones (super edgy dark guy) so it's probably more about how they execute it than who they actually choose.

>Many of the side characters are just a little too strange to exist in a non-cartoon world.
Director (?) said they want the world to get crazier with time.

Are her eyes massively crooked?

Man, we got so many things that might play into the last episode. Walter, what the Terror said before Superion kept him from saying more, what Midnight said. I wonder if they're three unrelated things or is it all intertwined?

Those last bits by the Terror and then Midnight

Dammit though I do think Superion is sincere.

No, why would you ask?

If he is sincere, then he's a pawn.

I've thought Superian was gonna be dirty since the prologue of the pilot. It's just way too destructive and ominous.

I hope (and suspect) he's clean. At this point it's almost expected that the main Superman-type is a traitor or extremist (including Superman himself sometimes).

Superian is a smug dick sometimes but I hope he's just a good guy.

I think he is. When he was feeling really weak and out of it he admitted he did everything because he just wanted to be a good person. Especially when at the moment he could possibly die so what would be the point in lying?

The only right answers are Chairface Chippendale, and The Mad Bomber Who Bombs at midnight.

No love for Paul the Samurai?

The creator of the tick is a close friend of one of the writers and mentor to the other writer so...

Everyone and their mother wants Chairface, hopefully he will make the cut.

It's because Christopher McCulloch/Jackson Publick was hired by Edlund in the early 90's to write a Tick comic (Tick: Karma Tornado) on the strength of an indie comic McCulloch wrote. From there it got him a job as storyboard artist and staff writer on the animated show, which then got him a job on the first live-action show (which was where he met Patrick Warburton and led to Warburton voicing Brock Samson).

He's worked with Edlund a lot so it shouldn't surprise you that there's overlap between this and Venture Bros. I also wouldn't be surprised if McCulloch contributes something to the Amazon series at some point.

Didn't Edlund write an episode of Venture Bros.?

Chairface can show up, Mad Bomber What Bombs At Midnight probably can't unless someone can figure out how to wrestle the rights of the animated series away from whoever owns it and hand it over to Edlund.

He did. He wrote "¡Viva los muertos!" and also did some contributions to "Guess Who's Coming to State Dinner?" and "State Science."

It's not the comic cast that's a problem, it's the characters who were first introduced on the show, like Die Fledermaus, American Maid, Midnight Bomber, I guess maybe El Seed, and others. Those probably can't be used unless the rights issues get sorted.

Also even though Fox aired the Warburton Tick show, its production companies were Sonnenfeld/Josephson Worldwide Entertainment and Columbia TriStar Television; both Sonnenfield and Josephson are involved with the new show too, and also had Sony involvement. So it could be possible that some things from the Warburton show could be reused, but I think they wanted to change things up more.

Yea I think he was sent to be a weapon and decided otherwise.

Mixing a bit of Goku with Superman ironically.

Also maybe Iron Giant.

We've at least gotta have Barry.

>Dammit though I do think Superion is sincere.

I hope so too, if only because Amazon also greenlighted Garth Ennis' Boys and it'd be annoying to have two Superman expies be complete assholes running around the same time.

Barry can show up because he first appeared in the comic. And honestly it would be a great way to bring in Patrick Warburton; he was too busy to play the Tick for this go-round but being the guest-villain of an episode could work.

So Arthur's Stepfather?

Deep cover agency plant placed to observe Arthur

Sympathetic hero that just decided he'd had enough and is legit family man now

Or

Ex Villain in hiding

Just an average Asian because they all know kung-fu?

You're right though, that was a cool moment of the show and demands an explanation.

I hope someone connected to all of the ninja stuff from the comics.

Mainly so that he can have a ninja mask on to make it easier to do fakery in the fight scenes.

Shredder after being defeated by the Turtles in Secret Of The Ooze and changing his ways

Lets just go full stupid since we're in this universe.

"I can only utilize my abilities went totally devoid of all my senses."

So we get some kinda Paper Bag Ninja or something.

That was actually my first guess.
Like in Mystery Men, or maybe even a split personality trigger.

Dangerboat has a thing for Arthur. He also tried to poke him with a rotating loofah

"The Flag Five was five heroes and a mascot. YOU."
"The Flag Five was five heroes and a sidekick! YOU!"

We could try hiring Bobcat back so he can play Uncle Creamy.

>Mystery Men

I got some Mr. Furious vibes from Overkill during some of his speeches.

Speaking of the Flag Five...anyone think that The Tick is actually Uncle Samson

Its possible though we'll need to know more.

And while he's not a robot those similarities might mean his suit had a similar origin, maybe to aid his healing or something