What makes a female comic book character so popular to the point that she gets pushed on multiple media while others...

What makes a female comic book character so popular to the point that she gets pushed on multiple media while others are despised and ignored by comic book fans?

Good writing.

define good writting, according to waifu fags Gwenpool is the only good comic that Marvel has right now.

Well waifufags don’t care about writing, they only care about their waifu being drawn, while Gwenpool is enjoyable, it’s hardly a comic that I’d put at the top of the current Marvel list, it’s not even something I’m pulling. When Ms Marvel started up it had solid writing coupled with a fun (as in there are little gems and jokes hidden throughout the series in the background) and fresh art. Gwenpool has great art, but mediocre to bad writing, and the character is surprising not casual friendly, unlike Kamala

Name a single well written Kamala run, i'll wait.

>Gwenpool is written by Chris "Dr McNinja" Hastings.
>Chris Hastings is a good writer
>therefore Gwenpool has good writing
Did you got it?

>>Gwenpool is written by Chris "Dr McNinja" Hastings.
>>Chris Hastings is a good writer

I'm gonna need some sources on that claim, all I have read from him is Dr. Meme and I don't find it funny at all.

Well, then you have shit taste, user. Nothing I can do about it.

Nowadays, it seems cosplayers make the most impact on what heroines get promoted. It's why you don't see a lot of new characters showing tits and ass any more and a lot of old characters getting covered up in boring redesigns.

shounen girl vs gag manga girl

marvel fans likely hate gag manga but love a rip off of luffy

Kamala appeals to my fetish
Gwenpool doesn't
Any questions?

Same as a male character's, really.

Being involved in good storylines and having memorable attractive designs. The pink highlights in Gwenpool's hair go a huge way towards making her memorable (and recognizable when drawn by a different artist).

The character also needs to be introduced in a way that doesn't cause the audience to preemptively hate them. Jaime Reyes actually bombed originally because Blue Beetle fans were mad Ted Kord got killed, so once Ted started showing up again via time travel, DC tried Jaime again and it worked that time. Peter Parker was still 616 Spiderman when Miles Morales showed up and Carol Danvers never left when Kamala showed up (and Carol becoming Captain Marvel wasn't done for the sake of introducing a new Ms. Marvel, much like Barbara Gordon didn't get shot so as to create Cassandra Cain), so those characters weren't hated from page one the way, say, FemThor was.

FemThor got off on a bad foot because the storyline giving her the hammer was dumb and her taking on Thor's name made no sense. It didn't help that her first run was bad, but I think people would still hate her even if the book was good. Sam Wilson becoming Falcon was much better received because Sam had been partners with Captain America for decades and once Bucky got a turn with the shield everyone knew Sam would have to get one sooner or later.

I think if Marvel stopped doing new diverse heroes for a year or two, introduced a bunch of minor new diverse characters, and then promoted the better ones to their own books, it'd probably go over a lot better.

But, of course, most new characters fail no matter what you do, and the big two have been declining for years and are so bad at getting new fans that Black Panther getting a fucking billion-dollar mega-hit movie isn't going to a sell a single new Black Panther comic book, so there are a lot of problems besides the quality of the book itself.

Her whole intro arc and Last Days were great user. Getting the whole “You can’t save everyone no matter how hard you try” speech when she’s trying to save a litter of kittens, I loved it.

It's not just "good" writing. It's thorough or well developed story. Gwenpool has good/enjoyable writing, but it's episodic comedy styled content for the most part. Kamala who is far more popular is largely because, in my opinion, the writing is also good and while funny takes time to build up Kamala's home life, friends and environment. With these a any number of connections is formed with the reader and the reader is eager to delve deeper into that persons story. While Gwenpool is more a character associated with a quick laugh than any endearing personality traits (not to say she doesn't have any).

I think Kamala mainly got a warm reception because of the reasons you mentioned coupled with the book being fun and heartwarming and not aggressively asserting a political stance even when it gets a bit preachy.

True. Kamala does have a functional circle of friends, persistent plot points, developing interpersonal relationships.
I would say it's a bit much at times, causing characters to disappear for dozens of issues.
But it is a world of its own and it has something to say, even if you don't always agree.

how is this any different from new male comic book characters? If the writing and/or art is appealing, then it's popular and people talk about it and the character gets proportionate marketing.

>so popular to the point that she gets pushed on multiple media
minority status. think I'm kidding?

>2017
>Highest shipped Ms. Marvel book
>Generations Ms. Marvel & Ms. Marvel
>477 place for the year and total of 42,413 shipped

>next highest shipped Ms. Marvel book
>Ms. Marvel Volume 1 No Normal
>153 highest shipped totaling in 5,316

noticed these are "Shipped", not bought
the only thing keeping this character afloat is that no one wants to be the person to axe the only mudslime superhero

or, to put it in other words, your waifu is absolute garbage & a failure to sell. she'll probably be canned within the next year or two with CBC running things & not giving a shit about shitcanning these awful characters for selling like shitcakes

Not being white.

forgot to disclaimer this in the original post, but the 2nd book's sales are for graphic novels while 1st is for comic books

>>Gwenpool is written by Chris "Dr McNinja" Hastings.
>>Chris Hastings is a good writer

Nobody likes metashit, good riddance.

I like it when is done well like in Animal Man and not when is used as an excuse for shit lazy writting like Gwenpool.

and good art desu