How did the Irish overcome racism in America? Why don't the blacks just do whatever they did?

How did the Irish overcome racism in America? Why don't the blacks just do whatever they did?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-1iOzD0uc_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They joined the police en mass and became a part of the solution, showing their loyalty to usa

I don't know why but it does pay off
Pic is HDI (living quality)

by not being degenerate lowlives?

What year is that?

Irland fell off somewhat from their peak.

That cartoons probably British because on the bottom it names numerous Irish insurgencies including the Ulster Protestant ones

It's called assimilation and self-reliance.
The blacks lost that when they went liberal.

We started being useful.

By shitting on the Italians since they immigrated after the Irish.

>fucking newfags

They used to be what Mexicans are now.

Why did everyone back then hate the Irish?

Blacks are systematically oppressed goyim didn't you know?

By assimilating. Niggers and spics refusal to assimilate into white culture is why they're still such a problem.

Lots of Irish changed their last names. That doesn't really help blacks.

Partly that a little slagging from the locals was small but edible potatoes compared to home at the time. Being Irish only became trendy to my knowledge, when the Kennedys became a political influence. The up turned nose went from being ugly to a cute feature.

We also worked to build up America and were cheap slaves. You can still check the price comparisons between a nigger and an irish man, if you ever hear a black man bitch about slavery tell them indentured servants were still a thing in Ireland about 60 years ago. I guess you could say ultimately we were thankful to be in a new land good enough to accept those from the old world.

Same reason they hate mexicans.

Corrupt political machines in big cities across the US. Tammany Hall for example. Give them votes/campaign, and they got you jobs/contracts, and you kicked back. Then once in you bring in more Irish you know. That's why there are so many Irish police, firefighters, etc.

Because they were fucking scumbags, for some understandable reasons I guess. They were basically niggers.

Considering that there are black political machines doing exactly that same sort of thing, do you think the black communities will become like the irish?

Because black people can't just mix with the white population until nobody knows who's got Irish roots. Basically, if everyone is a little Irish then nobody cares anymore. Same with the Polish and the Germans and the Italians, etc.

The whole thing works because you can easily tell them apart by language, skin colour, behaviour, etc.

If this is what #6 feels like, I think I ought to kill myself now.

No they were hated because they were Catholic. The English were Anglicans and the Germans were protestant. The hatred of Irish just got carried over from England, where it had. existed for hundreds of years.

The modern Irish and Irish-American have been greatly anglicised. To understand why people didn't like them so much when they first arrived in America, you have to understand just how totally different the lyrics were from other ethnic groups in America.

Irish immigration issues

>language
Very few Irish people spoke English. In the middle of the 19th century, English was more common in France and Spain than it was in Ireland. Plus, Irish is a very guttural, harsh sounding language, which invites mockery similar to Arabic today.

>dress
Native Irish dress is fucking weird. They wore big billowy tunics without any pants, huge woolen cloaks, and usually went barefoot. This would've looked very strange to the average American and would've immediately marked them out.

>religion
Catholicism, nuff said. People had been fed all sorts of myths and misconceptions about Catholicism and the Irish were more openly Catholic than most.

>behavior
People forget this but the Irish actually were quite thuggish and violent in their early years in America

I am old enough that when I was a kid my parents showed me a sign in a window that said ;"Irish Need Not Apply"

possibly going to Cardinal Cushings Funeral in the South End of Boston

youtube.com/watch?v=-1iOzD0uc_c

Irish people don't have a borderline mentally retarded average IQ. They eventually assimilated.

They went into government and the military. They also came to dominate some unions, back when unions would beat the shit out of people.

This is what gives us the LTG Mike Flynns.

Well, they're white, and as racial identity became more important than national identity the prejudice against them ended. The fact that within a generation they adopted the idea of tossing out their old national identity and replaced it with the idea of being American helped too.

based

>To understand why people didn't like them so much when they first arrived in America
you have to understand how fucked up they were when they arrived. They were fleeing a fucking genocide *by starvation* and were completely shattered. The men all drank and fought and begged, the women all drank and prostituted themselves.

they started saying nigger a lot and whites were like "hey these leprachauns are ok"

It also helped that the Irish in many respects helped settle the land from 1701 upwards.

Although they're still sub-human potato munchers to me.

Irish hate is just banter. No one ever seriously discriminated against the Irish in the US

Blacks can go back to africa, there is nothing else to solve.

>muslim

By putting their heads down and focus on trying to better themselves.

You obviously dont know your own heritage

There were protests against bringing the Irish over, prohibition attacked their drinking culture as Un American

Maybe because they weren't enslaved, called niggers, lynched, discriminated by law, had their homes and business burnt etc.?

America hate blackness. Nothing someone dark skinned can do will ever appease you

>Maybe because they weren't enslaved, called niggers, lynched, discriminated by law, had their homes and business burnt etc.?

To bite or not to bite. That is the question.

Does this make us the #6 master race?

This.

Catholic hate is the only reason italians and irish were subject to racism when they first came.

Except all of that did happen to the Irish in the US, and especially in the Caribbean under British rule.

I'm pretty sure the Irish were actually treated worse than blacks.

A FUCKING LEAF

why did anyone ever reply to such bait..... fuck i hate leafs so much.

>leaf

We were at one time, for hundreds of years Irish were worth less than blacks and seen as complete scum

>the Irish
>featuring U.D.A, U.D.R

They were for the most part. As much as people focus on the enslavement of blacks, they ignore the enslavement of Irish. They also ignore the fact that after the US banned slave importations from Africa, black slaves actually became more valuable as a commodity, so you didn't want to harm or kill slaves that were worth a fuck ton of money. Irish, on the other hand, basically had no value, so waste them for dangerous labor all you want.

Blacks have iqs of under 85, committ a fuck ton of crime and look different

Irish are near the same iq levels and look similar

Blacks are very far on the genetic tree than all other species

They will never succeed en masses and honestly they just bring down the civilizations they join

I'm privately pro choice because they will ruin society if they grow any more

I don't say that in a mean way it's just the way it is, they are a breed that was never meant to live among European civilization

Here are some people from a poorer region of Ireland in 1880.

Are they really that strange?

Because the irish didn't want free shit

>Blacks have iqs of under 85
>Irish are near the same iq levels

And where exactly are you pulling this information from?

>why did anyone ever reply to such bait.
You would be surprised how many people actually believe the shit that leaf said. Indoctrination such as that is over half the reason white guilt even exists, because people do not realise that over half the reasons "they should feel guilty" are complete lies and half-truths.

>en masses
>talking about IQ
kek, ameriniggers never fail to amuse

The irish were just poor.

Blacks are genetically inferior intelligence wise, and far more violent than any whites.

Once we got the british off our backs we turned the Republic of Ireland into one of the wealthiest countries in the world per capita (beating the UK handily today)

By comparison every single black country is a failed famine ravaged state to this very day, regardless of being colonised in the past or not.

Because the irish are the niggers of Europe. Can't go a decade without chimping out over some stupid shit.

At some point the potato niggers stopped acting like monkeys. Then people started treating them like human beings.

>How did the Irish overcome racism in America?

by looking white

We hazed them for a few generations. They passed. End of story.

The Blacks either were not hazed enough or failed.

Oh that's rich Islamogook, care to give an example?

one day i will meet a racist who doesn't talk about black iq while being retarded themselves

>Once we got the british off our backs
More like when we got the church off our backs and received paydays from the EU, much as I hate to admit it.

When was the last time Ireland actually chimped out about something?

Ireland is actually a very secure and peaceful country. You're thinking of Northern Irish bs.

Here's an Irish person from 1860's.

Does he really look that outlandish?

The Irish worked hard, became firemen, and became police officers.

So think about it
>Niggers
>Work hard, selflessly help people and uphold the law.

Pick one

>attempting to discredit his propaganda
THOUGHTCRIMINAL GET OUT REEEEEEEE

German Irish And Jewish migrations to the U.S.
Generations later there are no Anglos left in U.S
Really makes you think

Bullshit

What are you a fucking fossil?

That's fucking hilarious. My grandpa was Irish, managed to woo my grandma who was Italian.

The entire family never let him forget he was only around on her sufferance, a gold digger that married a girl whose father would have killed him but for the fact that he was already dead when he came courting. He died a bitter son of a bitch.

I've got mafia on the Italian side of the family up through last generation, and grandpa's side of the family were the kind of "Teamsters" that ran booze, dumped bodies and applied bricks to your knee when you couldn't pay the protection money. The closest thing to Irish in my upbringing is my Dad going to Notre Dame (and my uncle, my mom and her sister to St. Mary's across the street, etc. etc.).

Most Irish got out of the gutter by being mean and/or indispensable at the same time.

>More like when we got the church off our backs and received paydays from the EU, much as I hate to admit it.
well, in truth there was a few things that happened first of course. But Ireland was a shithole under english rule, and in a reasonable amount of time became pretty prosperous.

EU funding was cool and all, but I think most of the change came when we started trying to attract foreign investment properly.

What the other anons said, but also the anti Irish sentiment perpetuated by Anglos, British and the like was very strong due to problems and tensions between GB and Ireland. Nasty business, that.

THE ETERNAL LEPRECHAUN

English and Irish are practically the same stock. I can understand if it was the culture you wanted preserved though.

I agree it was a shithole under English rule, but we would have EVENTUALLY become prosperous in the UK. Things were actually really looking up for Ireland economically before its war of independence. We would eventually have been treated with respect after generations of muh human rights and further assimilation. We may have even been allowed to have revivals of our old traditions like Scotland had.

Either way it doesnt matter, Im happy with how we turned out. Hope we just have some sort of revolution in Europe before we hand things over to the goatfuckers and lazy nigerian scam artists.

BEGORRAH! 'TIS LIKE A SECOND POTATO FAMINE.

It was easy for them to integrate and blend in

there's a documentary called gangs of new york that explains it all

>ut we would have EVENTUALLY become prosperous in the UK.
relatively speaking sure, but as prosperous? I kinda doubt it.

Why do you call it English rule? The people that went to Ireland and carved it up were mostly Scottish. The English ones were mostly from the North of England and were raiding families, that were also half Scottish.

Yet most people are convinced that it was well spoken men from the Shire counties of England. The bulk of Ulster plantation owners were Scottish. All the religious zealots we sent there were Scottish.

They don't get it in the neck, though.

Just a bit of bants from on aussie on the road.

/thread

inb4 muh culture and muh systemic racism

It's amazing how many bluepills there are on here these days. Has all of r*ddit migrated here?

Shut up, eternal Anglo, we won't fall for your ruses.

>On Sup Forums
>isn't even familiar with basic science on racial differences

Paddy pls go

By going to work and creating work.

>Why do you call it English rule?
eh..

Because that's what it was?

>The people that went to Ireland and carved it up were mostly Scottish.
>The bulk of Ulster plantation owners were Scottish. All the religious zealots we sent there were Scottish.
Yeah.. and the ruling was done from England.

Honestly he looks like a member of Black Sabbath

The planters in the North (and those who eventually moved North) were mostly from Scotland for sure. They were the normal fag farmers and working class trouble makers that England wanted gone from Scotland and dumping them into Ireland where they would keep each other busy was a convenient solution.

The ruling class in Ireland however were were descended directly from England.

Executive orders on pretty much everything in Britain and Ireland came from the English aristocracy.

They practically built New York which is one of the greatest cities in the world.

the irish didnt. they thought they did until the great recession. then the germans systematically removed them. the last wave they could get rid of by discrete methods was put on a boat and deported illegally to ireland

they in turn burned a refugee center in ireland and obama sent in military forces to kill them which broke some faggy treaty or something and american forces arent allowed within 1k feet of the port now

this is me saluting the fuehrer

I don't.... recall that happening...

shhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt

I lived in a house that looked just like that when I was 6, before my parents moved back to Ireland.

nostalgic as fuck.

Black people have a lower average iq then irish people

>Why do you call it English rule?
When Cromwell confiscated all the lands of Ireland, the lands were given to his subordinates who were predominantly English(Some ethnic Norman-French names also).

that's the neighbors .. it is a ranch style on 1/4 acre with a finished basement.. it was comfy

I was 3 and 1/2 there

Awesome. Where abouts was it?

that's a nice pair

Yeah, she was very fuckable back in the day.

suburb of Boston , a bedroom community about 13 miles west southwest near Dedham