Republican Party Retardation

Why is the Republican Party specifically retarded about science?

You guys realize that NO OTHER PARTY IN THE WORLD denies human caused climate change (which has a 97% scientific consensus), right?

The parties you love the most, such as France's Front National, they think global warming denial is laughable.

There's no other party in Europe that thinks Kami-Sama created world in 6 days or that global warming isn't real.

Here in Slovenia, even the most right-wing Catholic party believes Evolution is a fact, climate science is real, and the world is billions of years old...

So how did the Republican Party come to be so batshit insane?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change
spectator.co.uk/2016/10/how-many-scientific-papers-just-arent-true/
youtu.be/rStL7niR7gs?t=6m18s
calvin.edu/~pribeiro/DCM-Lewis-2009/Lewis/The Funeral of a Great Myth.doc
scholarlyoa.com/other-pages/hijacked-journals/),
climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/
climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/land-ice/
climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/
climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/carbon-dioxide/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_of_Neptune
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>So how did the Republican Party come to be so batshit insane?
Insanity is culturally relative

Tumor russia, you're supposed to be the smart one down there. What happened. Where did you hit your head?

True that.

They get paid to deny it

The more further right you go, the more scientifically illiterate the people are. They aren't insane, they just feel like it doesn't matter and isn't worth it to believe in actually investigating something to come to objective conclusions. They would rather settle hard as fuck than stay open to learn. It's definitely ignorant

>Muh 97%

Based on a single study of about 1000 papers only loosely tied to climate science, with a broad definition of what "agreed" with man-made global warming. A study that has been debunked countless times and holds as much weight as the feminist's "wage gap".

In other words...

(You)

What I'm saying is, this is specifically American, I've never heard of right-wingers in Europe being anti-science

Can you Americans please just accept that the God of Israel didn't conjure the world in 6 days? Can we just give that idea up? Please?

Tbqh i think they know it exists but because they have a vested interest in the oil industry and shit like that so they are better off denying it. Also didnt the Australian PM a couple of years back not believe in that shit.

GOP is paid by Exxon mobile to deny it exists. Tricks on them though, leaked documents from Exxon mobile shows their scientists also came to the conclusion that global warming is real.

>Why is the Republican Party specifically retarded about science?

I'm not.

>You guys realize that NO OTHER PARTY IN THE WORLD denies human caused climate change (which has a 97% scientific consensus), right?

See pic related.

>The parties you love the most, such as France's Front National, they think global warming denial is laughable.

The French are laughable.

>There's no other party in Europe that thinks Kami-Sama created world in 6 days or that global warming isn't real.

>Kami-Sama

Wannabe Japanime faggot. kys.

>Here in Slovenia, even the most right-wing Catholic party believes Evolution is a fact, climate science is real, and the world is billions of years old...

Again, pic related.

Not an argument.

Half of us think it's retarded and are disappointed in the people who actually believe in it seriously. Abrahamic religions are cancer, and it's the people who believe in them throughout history that have done the most harm to human civilization. It continues today with ignorance, actually holding back meaningful progress in the world. Their dumb and ignorant beliefs are losing influence because people are growing up actually questioning their bullshit, instead of just blindly accepting it like their cuck religion wants them to.

We can see that their religion survives through child indoctrination. We can see how irrational and far-from-logic their beliefs are. We don't like it but we can't legally just purge them so we have to deal with it for now.

I wish Republicans were as clear-headed as you are.

Honestly I think Trump is not very religious privately, maybe even an atheist, but he panders to the religious right.

>which has a 97% scientific consensus
Citation needed faggot.

>Half of us think it's retarded and are disappointed in the people who actually believe in it seriously.

Fedora tip.

>Abrahamic religions are cancer, and it's the people who believe in them throughout history that have done the most harm to human civilization.

Neckbeard scratch.

>It continues today with ignorance, actually holding back meaningful progress in the world.

cheetoh chomp.

>Their dumb and ignorant beliefs are losing influence because people are growing up actually questioning their bullshit, instead of just blindly accepting it like their cuck religion wants them to.

Mountain Dew chug.

>We can see that their religion survives through child indoctrination.

Holy shit, samurai sword sheath.

>We can see how irrational and far-from-logic their beliefs are.

For the love of God, staring out the window at the rain while emo plays in the background.

>We don't like it but we can't legally just purge them so we have to deal with it for now.

Euphoric.

All the foundations of modern western society are based on Christianity, it's a shame so many fedoras as so ignorant of our history.

Well I'm not Republican or Democrat. Both sides have way too many fucking idiots. On the Republican side i find corporate global parasites. Real cheerleaders to actual globalism, but are so deluded in their good ol' beliefs that they don't realize it's corporations who cause the most corruption in the world, especially from oil companies. On the Democrats side I'll find the SJWs. Nuff said

I was slightly liberal before this election began, before I saw the true colors of that crowd. I've never been far right because I know when not to ignore objective fucking evidence, and I believe in the method of investigation being a better way to learn the truth than to take people's word lol (science)

I'm independant. Both sides have too many fucking retards

America started on genocide you retard. Your Christian values are based on intolerance and greed, and manipulation.

Funny how religiousfags always go for the fedora memes on here, and double down on their echo chamber personal biss when called out on being retarded

Bias*

this,

also I heard nasa was fudging their numbers about global heat, making it look like the earth is getting warmer faster than it really is

Evangelicals.

Now here's another question: Given that economic science exists, why are there still Leftists?

We're not. We pretend to be to appease the bible thumpers and troll the left. What are you gonna do about it, Slovak?

>Being this mad
Judeo-Christian ethics are the reason we have a civilization. I strongly encourage you to continue wasting your vote, we have a country to make great again.

>Given that economic science exists, why are there still Leftists?
Good question.

So can I please get a party that is neither retarded when it comes to biology and climate change, nor economy? is it too much to ask?

>Slovak?
Oi, take that back!
WE FIRST LADY NOW

>Judeo-Christian ethics are the reason we have a civilization
Not the Greeks and the Romans, Egyptians and Assyrians and Babylonians and Sumerians? Just the Jews? Come on, Moshe, don't simplify it so much.

>Well I'm not Republican or Democrat.

Of course you're not. "HURR DURR I'M A FREE THINKER!"

>Both sides have way too many fucking idiots.

Sure, buddy. Sure.

>On the Republican side i find corporate global parasites.

Ewwwwwwy they're like bugs! I don't like bugs!

>Real cheerleaders to actual globalism, but are so deluded in their good ol' beliefs that they don't realize it's corporations who cause the most corruption in the world, especially from oil companies.

Muh evil corporations! It's them who are deluded! NOT ME!

>On the Democrats side I'll find the SJWs. Nuff said

You are one.

>I was slightly liberal before this election began, before I saw the true colors of that crowd.

See above.

>I've never been far right because I know when not to ignore objective fucking evidence, and I believe in the method of investigation being a better way to learn the truth than to take people's word lol (science)

God damn it, you're such a fucking faggot.

>I'm independant.
>independant
>...dant
>a

Of course you are, buddy. Whatever you say.

>Both sides have too many fucking retards

There are two people in this world. Retards and not retards. You are a retard.

>America started on genocide you retard.

Stop this silly meme, user.

>Your Christian values are based on intolerance and greed, and manipulation.

Ah yes...how silly of me! Now I understand! I should base them on your values and your values alone! Now I truly see the light of intolerance!

>Funny how religiousfags always go for the fedora memes on here, and double down on their echo chamber personal biss when called out on being retarded

Jesus Christ you're embarrassing yourself.

>Republican party is retarded
Sure
>Climate change is caused by mankind
You're more retarded.

Alpha as fuck

>America started on genocide you retard. Your Christian values are based on intolerance and greed, and manipulation.

Your jpeg single-handedly disproves the whole climate science community.

Bravo!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

>wikipedia
>not being censored by SJWs

The scientific communities can't predict shit.
And it seems you can't even post images with source that support your claims on an imageboard.

>believing in human caused climate change
lol stupid slavshit

>Austria
But you're a Slav, too.

not really

Whilst I'm an environmentalist, I'm noticing a new trend to treat science like a new religion. If something has a "scientific peer reviewed study" behind it, well it's accepted as the new gospel. Just as primate cultures used gods and their priests to explain things they couldn't understand, people today are treating science with the same sort of reverence, and scientists are the new acolytes.

The problem is the results of most of those studies simply couldn't be verified under a proper audit.

> There’s just one problem: science is in deep trouble. Last year, Richard Horton, editor of The Lancet, admitted that “much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue.” In his words, “science has taken a turn toward darkness.”

> Medical research, psychology, and economics are all in the grip of a ‘reproducibility crisis.’ A pharmaceutical company attempting to confirm the findings of 53 landmark cancer studies was successful in only six instances, a failure rate of 89pc. In 2012, a psychology journal devoted an entire issue to reliability problems in that discipline, with one essay titled “Why science is not necessarily self-correcting.” Likewise, a 2015 report prepared for the Board of Governors of the US Federal Reserve concluded that “economics research is usually not replicable.” Its authors were able to verify the findings of only one third of 67 papers published in reputable economics journals. After enlisting the help of the original researchers, the success rate rose to a still dismal 49pc.

spectator.co.uk/2016/10/how-many-scientific-papers-just-arent-true/

Simple, lobbyists Influence: youtu.be/rStL7niR7gs?t=6m18s

The most corrupt are the most successful in Politics; that's the cold hard fact.

It's a relevant question. I mean:

>if I need to run water lines, I trust a plumber to do it
>if I need to wire my house, I trust an electrician to do it
>if I need a renovation, I trust an architect and engineers to plan it, then contractors to finish it
>if I'm sick, I go to the doctor
>if I need legal advise, I go to a lawyer

>BUUUUUUUUUUT, if there are SCIENTISTS who study the climate and they tell me based on their expertise as a united whole that climate change is real, I ignore is because I KNOW BETTER

The reflects the beliefs of its constituents.

One of the Republican Party's largest constituencies are Christians who believe God is in control of the climate.

Listen, you can be smart about the world of things, you can be smart about the world of people, you can be smart about neither, and you can be a fucking unicorn.

Ever since I saw that video I've been thinking about how to possibly make a different system that allows for a "benevolent dictator" and the only solution I've found is either:
>Absolute monarchy
Where the rulers closest subjects are relying on him for their power and not on their subordinates. Where the system is built around the will of one person. But this system is easily corrupt as well.

The other system:
>Religiously chosen leader
If it is generally accepted that a higher power has granted the ruler his position then people would follow him out of faith and not greed. But this has been tried before and since clear signs of god are few and far between many people can claim themselves blessed rulers, as it is seen in the middle ages.

Jesus, man. He's commenting on journals that were not properly screening the papers they were publishing and were effectively selling space in their pages. There's a huge difference in the quality of journals, and several unscrupulous people have exploited the public's unfamiliarity to their benefit.

At least understand what you're posting about. The actual science regarding climate change, as reported in reputable journals, is at this point nigh irrefutable.

>BUUUUUUUUUT those aren't equivalent situations
>like, at all

Except a plumber isn't going to lose his job when his work doesn't support leftist ideology

Too many Christcucks. Basically waiting for enough of them to die so we can re-rail the party off of social issues like fag marriage and get them on the liberty train to freedom town

Science can only explain the "how". It cannot explain the "why". That is why the West is so empty. We want science to be our religion, when it is vastly in the dark when it comes tonapirituality (by our Creators design). We don't know why things do what they do but we know how they work, and even the "how" is very theoretical

Conservatives are not neccesarily retarded about science. They know that there isn't really a correlation between c02 and climate change, so they are skeptical about whether or not we are responsible. They are skeptical about theory's.

The modern view of things like evolution is a myth. I say a myth because real scientific evolution is merely a theory about changes. The populist view is that evolution is a fact about improvements, which is a myth. For ever instance of improvement in "evolution", there are ten of degeneration.

I would suggest the reading I will link here:

calvin.edu/~pribeiro/DCM-Lewis-2009/Lewis/The Funeral of a Great Myth.doc

>Actual science regarding climate change is nigh irrefutable
I saw an article that said that the sun had spots on it that burned more than other spots. We've gotten an increased exposure of such spots recently, or maybe the sun is getting more of those spots. In any case the article made it clear that global warming isn't 100% caused by mankind, if at all.

Oh, good point. When someone is an expert in a field, they are trusted for their opinion and expertise. Unless they're a scientist who studies climate change. The average person knows as much or more, right?

Oh, so now science is a leftist conspiracy. Holy shit. Good to see the old stars and stripes are repping themselves admirably by living up to their worst stereotypes.

>Muh climate change hoax

Fuck off. Why don't you go to a Chinese image board and bother them about it?

>Not understanding the difference between a scientific theory and the lay meaning of theory. You wrote a lot of horseshit there

The existence of sunspots was first written about by Galileo over 400 years ago. What's your point? And what is the source of the article? Was it based on research? Was the research reviewed? Were the reviews available with the paper? Was it even a paper, or was is just an article, like you said?

People think scientists just make shit up. It's actually hard work, and getting a paper published takes an enormous amount of work from a huge team of people. The science is good, and the countervailing opinions are just that.

The UKIP is climate change skeptic and the dutch PVV wants to get ride clean energy mills

sauce on this?

Coming from the party that believes there are more than two genders.

It was on a published paper, yes. In fact I was supposed to write about. Not so much about the content of the article though, but I still found it to be an interesting read.

>every establishment in the world says this theory is an undeniable fact, despite every estimate based on it failing to be met by reality, ever
>they get huge amounts of control and money because of said theory
>but yeah it's totally real, pay carbon tax or die

k

>What's your point?
Completely forgot to answer this.
I've seen scientific articles claim that global warming isn't caused by mankind, so according to you they're "nigh irrefutable".

>"Conservatives are not neccesarily retarded about science. They know that there isn't really a correlation between c02 and climate change"

Oh really? How do they know that? Is it because, contrary to your statement, they are, in fact, "retarded about science"?

This right here is a perfect example of someone proselytizing while knowing absolutely nothing.

>THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING

We're going to Mars, faggot.

How come we allow puc related to do whatever they want?

Saved.

>Muh scientists agree

This is the only argument you have. 95% of prediction models have been wrong, temperature has hardly risen, the polar caps are the same size they were 40 years ago, water levels haven't risen, the effects of greenhouse gases were massively overestimated.

How many times do they have to be wrong before you start questioning them?

No, you need to review the credibility of the journal. Just because someone says something doesn't make it true. Journals are no different.

When papers are published in Science, and Nature, you can bet your ass they've gone through round after round of review, and likely took months if not years to get from completion to publication. Meanwhile, if it's in Natura, or any journals likes on this list (scholarlyoa.com/other-pages/hijacked-journals/), it is likely not credible.

I just went to a job recruiting event sponsored by them in Philadelphia. They're evil as fuck, but the sandwiches that they had catered were pretty tasty.

What do they do that is so bad?

you are retarded and insane

Don't know.

Because it's the easiest way to thwart the democrat's attempt to steal our money.

>Mo money fo dem programs cuz global warming
>Hey goys, pass legislation for cap and trade so we can make lots of shekels trading the right to pollute!

we dont. germany bought them so we switch to not supporting it. it wasnt even profitable for years. they genetically engineer seeds. natural seeds are cheaper

I also heard your dad gives a mean blowjob.

Nigga, don't be stupid, it's just about the money.

>muh oil
>muh coal
>muh fracking

Of course they know global warming is real, just like they know Earth is round and Jesus is bullshit, but they won't ever publicly acknowledge it because it would be bad for business. Fuck, they'd instantly deny the Earth is round and renounce Jesus if those were bad for business...

>95% of prediction models have been wrong
>temperature has hardly risen

Pic related. From NASA historical weather data. You're wrong.

climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

>the polar caps are the same size they were 40 years ago

climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/land-ice/

Absolultely wrong. Losing 118 Gigatons per year. NASA again.

>water levels haven't risen

Yes, they have. Up 3.5 mm per year. Holy shit, NASA tracks ALL of this data for you!

climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

>the effects of greenhouse gases were massively overestimated.

You're remarkably poorly informed.

climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/carbon-dioxide/

Still better than any leftist party.

so instead we provide fossil fuel subsidies? Either way you get fuck if you pay taxes.

You don't know how to read graphs, do you?

>The world barely gets 0.5 degrees celsius warmer per twenty years
>alarming
It's really not.

Evolution is a theory

TEACH ME

The global warming thing is the biggest issue I have with the "left". I'm skeptical due to the shady shit they try to pull with it, like having Leonardo DiCaprio go around shilling for climate change action while he flies around on a private jet to do so. The climate has always been changing and has never been static. In fact we should be happier that the climate is warming rather than cooling; cooling would be disastrous and cause a lot of starvation and death.

I don't deny that climate change is real but I'm skeptical about what causes it, and the left would rather throw away 300 years of human progress on shaky science than to look into it more closely. I used to accept global warming at face value, what I learned in school and was taught on TV about it, but all of these organizations have ulterior motives and I can't trust a god damn thing any of them say anymore. Didn't Al Gore say that by September 2016 the polar ice caps would be completely melted? And isn't it true that there's more ice in the arctic now than in many years?

Yeah... just can't trust a god damn thing these idiots say anymore.

must be nice to be able to replant seeds

I'd rather pay fossil fuel subsidies than paying companies to sell carbon shares to China instead of providing me with heat or electricity.

what's the youth unemployment rate in Portugal right now? 40%? 60%? Caused by greedy bankers that haven't been regulated thanks to neocons?

Except you don't have any objective conclusions, just a consensus enforced by shaming.

An objective conclusion would lead to a theory with predictive power,

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_of_Neptune

That is what we call science.

State your credentials, buddy.

The earth is a complete ecosystem. The amount of ice, water, dry land, etc., is all dependent on consistent conditions from year to year. Hell, human life requires certain conditions. As the temperature rises, the entire balance gets thrown off. 0.5 degrees celsius is a big change, and since the industrial revolution the temperature has been steadily climbing.

Ignoring it, or saying it's not a big deal, only exacerbates the problem.

>be only political party in the free world to deny climate change
>become most powerful political party in the free world
Really makes you think.

we stopped caring and listening to "science" when it was no longer politically correct to research homosexuality, racial differences beyond melanin, and iq

oh and the whole global warming extortion doesn't help, even if there is some merit to it. Nobody is gona say no to clean air and to stop pollution, but if you outright lie and demand money repubs are just gona throw the baby out with the bath water because negotiating with liberals is impossible

it wasn't always like this. climate change denialism is a recent trend in the republican party.

don't believe me? here's John McCain's stance on climate change when he ran for president in 2008:

>Support technology-driven, market-based solutions that will decrease emissions. "We can — and should — address the risk of climate change based on sound science without succumbing to the no-growth radicalism that treats climate questions as dogma rather than as situations to be managed responsibly."

and now compare that to "climate change is a hoax created by the chinese", etc. that exists in the party today. it's one of the major things that puts me off from the republican party. i'm all for being fiscally conservative or whatever, and i don't really give a shit about social issues, but completely ignoring climate change at the cost of the environment is just too much. what happened to conservatives wanting to conserve natural resources?

>science is now a leftist ideology

Why the fuck would "the leftists" make up the whole global warming thing? Because burning oil is racist or some shit? What fucking sense would make a leftist conspiracy regarding global warming?

Jesus fucking christ, listen to yourselves.

At the rate of clean energy advancement we can afford to burn coal and natural gas for the next 40 years before climate change effects us. We simply put well being of our nation over the environment until a viable replacement is obtained. All regulations have done is destroy jobs here

>we stopped caring and listening to "science"

OK, then you're fucking retarded and no one cares what you have to say, irrespective of political affiliation. Your argument is that your feelings got hurt by political correctness so you actively decided to be a fucking idiot.

Makes you think Americans are the stupidest people on earth, and there's only more proof coming.

It's the way of evolution. Sure an immediate disaster would be bad, but slow constant change is what Darwinism is all about. As the world changes all life must change with it or perish, it is the natural order of things. Trying to stop this change is comparable to playing god, attempting to maintain the world in the image you want it to have.

Organisms that adapt to living in unique conditions only are doomed from the moment they do so.

Are you blind to world events right now? Like have you seen the riots and shit? Those must be Republicans.

You're bullshit shows you repeated fucked Daily Show ideas of the Rep. party. You're arguing against a cariacature, retard.

Also, that AGW 97% shit has been debunked, OVER, and OVER, but it's great you show us how dog-shit stupid you are by repeating nothing but dead memes.

You've been eating mushrooms again, haven't you?

>It has become effectively illegal to study raceology when it comes to mankind
This is a prime example of why scientific communities should be second guessed. There's often a political scheme hiding behind it all.

The real question is cui bono? What's the punchline? Never that pollution is bad and we should individually do our bit.

The punchline is Al Gore flying around in a private jet lecturing me about the thermostat control in a 1200 square foot house. It's new taxes and (selectively enforced) regulations which will invariably only serve to further raise the barrier of entry into business and stifle competition for the largest players.

Of course there were some leaked emails a while back that pretty much caught the "science" people agreeing to fudge the numbers, and continue to base their "research" around a known false premise because it serves their agenda (justifies their own existence).