What is the worst pre-movie Spongebob episode?

What is the worst pre-movie Spongebob episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_HqBvv_cJd0
youtube.com/watch?v=AA2fne7FHgE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wait you mean during the Good Seasons of SpongeBob?

To tell you the truth I was not a big fan of the episode where the big twist was Gary wanted the Cookie in Patrick's pocket

Grandma's Kisses

Go grow some sideburns you mama's boy

Hey everyone look this user is a mama boy baby

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN

I'd say that party episode by comparison.

Ugh.

Not because it's a BAD episode per se, but when a lot of the comedy from Spongebob comes from the character dialogue, when you have an episode WITHOUT dialogue (at least understandable dialogue), it doesn't really hold up as well as the others.

Suds

But that eating scene is the reason why people like that episode.

The Sponge Who Could Fly
They explain in the beginning that the tape was found under a desk in the studio, so that explains it.

Shit taste. Suds was fucking great.

No fuck you the jokes in that episode were amazing

>DON'T TOUCH ME I'M STERILE

Also Hanz.

Does the Reef Blower short count, or is that cheating?

Fools in April. It's not even funny when Squidward pranks Spongebob and it's generally uncomfortable, especially as when I watched it as a kid

I think that episode was seen as a subthesis for future episodes where the episodes started boiling down to "How can we ruin Squidward's life today?"

April Fools...Jerk.

Shanghaied cuz they never air the alterante endings

>It's not even funny when Squidward pranks Spongebob and it's generally uncomfortable
Are you dumb? It wasn't supposed to be funny. Pic related.

Probably the one where Patrick's parents come to visit him and Spongebob pretends to be an idiot to make him look smarter.

band geeks

I think that episode was seen as a subthesis for future episodes where the episodes started boiling down to "How can we make Patrick literally more infuriating as a character?'

That's why it's out of place in a children's cartoon dumbass. Same thing with Squidward getting his toenail ripped off

The alternate endings can be seen on YouTube

In all fairness, Gary Takes a Bath with half of its run time is funnier then all of Shanghaied

Party Pooper Pants

>main character shouldn't get shit on
rewrite the episode then

that's the thing you neanderthal, it's not meant to be funny; it's meant for Squidward to own up to the "prank"

That episode had a lot of good jokes in it though. Also Patrick wasn’t even that mean to Sponge in the episode.

Big Pink Loser

Yeah, that episode was depressing.

The episode where Spongebob has to pretend to be dumber than Patrick so Patrick can impress his parents.

I know everyone is memeing the episode because of that funny voiceover from ages ago, but as in of itself, I wasn't too fond of it either. I feel like its message of not being afraid of looking childish was too exaggerated, to a point where it almost didn't work. I mean, Spongebob envied Patrick for having the right to act like an actual retard.

S3 had a lot of weak episodes.

The one where they're out in the woods and SB and Patrick find a conch and imagine it tells them how to survive and Squidward doesn't want to play along. It was the first episode where Squidward didn't really do anything wrong yet still kept getting shit, while not being particularly funny about it (at least for me). It set the bar for many more to come.

Hi Mr. Enter. Hows that autism holding up?

Maybe the whole episode wasn't that great, but "freeform jazz" is one of the best gags in the whole show.

Wasn't that one of the first post-movie episodes?

YOU FAGGOT

The party episode was fucking kino, fuck you

wait what

>SpongeBob is chosen to receive the last wish, and so wishes that the Flying Dutchman turns into a vegetarian. SpongeBob and the others are transported in front of a familiar-looking pineapple, but soon realize they themselves have been turned into fruit and are chased by the Dutchman who is now a hippie around his ship that is now a hippie van with a sail.

fucking what, i remember patrick getting the last wish and wishing for something stupid and then they all got eaten

All three of them got endings where they each got the last wish. Squid got them eaten because he wished he never knew Spongebob, Pat got them eaten because he wished for spearmint gum, and Sponge got them eaten because he wished for the dutchman to be vegetarian, but the dutchman said he got a wish too, and turned them into fruits.

No, it was one of the last pre-movie episodes.

Spongebob was a bit too annoying in it actually. Also the Patchy segments weren't great compared to other episodes.
Besides, I said it was worst by comparison. Never said it was bad.

The Sponge Who Could Fly

this

The regularly broadcasted episode had the turn into fruits ending, but the original special episode showed multiple endings.

>Same thing with Squidward getting his toenail ripped off
Fuck, don't remind me.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=_HqBvv_cJd0

ded thread

The episodes of season 3 after Mermaid man and barnacle boy 5 had kind of a weird/dumb feeling, like the makers knew the show was ending and just got it over with quickly. The episodes were still ok though, but the new tone seemed like foreshadowing for season 4's lameness.

The paper

I never got what was so funny about that line...

This

The House Party episode.

Didn't like the invisible spray episode honestly

club spongebob was kino. Squidward was deserving of it because he climbed into the club house when they told him not to and launched them into the jungle

What Patrick does during the line.

Here’s another question, what’s the most kino episode of spongebob that isn’t Band Geeks?

Graveyard Shift.

Chocolate with Nuts

Ripped Pants

Hall Monitor

>tfw even the worst pre-movie episode is still better than the best modern episode

I want to go back.

I need to get drunk and watch the premovie episodes with a couple buds. So many gems in the mix.

>He doesn't like NTR

Fag

Krusty Krab Training Video

That shit is 10/10 from start to finish.

>Krusty Krab Training Video
Absolute kino

Fry cook games

ARE YOU READY?
>extreme nodding
ARE YOU SURE?
>more extreme nodding
OKAY!
THE SECRET FORMULA IS ________

This shit right here.

Literally not a single mention of Band Geeks. I am fucking ashamed of this board.

Band Geeks? more like bad memes

The ending is the punchline to the whole episode and honestly redeems the whole thing.

Ok I might be crazy but this episode literally seems "darker" than the rest. Like the lighting in the episode makes all the colors appear more washed out than in any other episode. Has anyone else noticed this?

incorrect.

Even from memory I can sort of remember that, I think you're right.
Have you even seen it?

Squeaky Boots

The Idiot Box and Nasty Patty

this.

Doodlebob

Wrong.

The episode immediately after that is pure fucking kino.

fuck, that's a ridiculously good 2-episode pack

Hey Pal, did you just blow in from stupid town?

There is literally not a single bad pre movie episode

Evertyhing up to the eating scene is good. the rest kinda falls off in therms of quality after that

I SAID DED THREAD

the one where Spongebob quits his life to live like a wild jellyfish
came out of nowhere and was never referenced again

it's a shit episode

Can't narrow it down to just one, but it'd be one of these:

>Home Sweet Pineapple
>The Chaperone
>Krabby Land
>The Sponge Who Could Fly

Even then, they're not awful, just amongst the most forgettable.

hoopla

Ending pissed me off as a kid

I Was a Teenage Gary

youtube.com/watch?v=AA2fne7FHgE

Fuck you, that episode was awesome

>You mean the good seasons of Spongebob

4,5 and 11 is good though

>wasn’t even that mean

Spongebob was pretending to be dumb but Patrick took it too far

It would be completely in character for patrick to forget this is all acting

Nasty Patty

This is a Fucking Kid show and they managed to build an entire Fucking episode on the assumption of a murder and how to get away with it

GRAMMA'S ASSCHEEKS