How do you come from this?

How do you come from this?

to THIS!?

Fucking hell

Its all DRUMPHF's fault!

There are at least two other America hate threads, but you still felt it was necessary to make another one.

By you not buying the only single good book marvel has produced in this decade.

Stop ridding Ennis' dick
It's not that good

wheel-spinning and benign, Frank was better off not having his Vietnam career elucidated. It's a good book but it might as well not exist if it weren't for Parlov's art.

Realy liked that story.

>not liking what is basically "The 'Nam MAX"

This is massively out of character garbage though
This at least appears in character

Separate writers, separate artists, years apart so probably separate editorial teams and a separate political climate the books were written in.

Have you got the 'tism, boy?

>This is massively out of character garbage though
How?

>you were always my hero

Because Captain America would never salute someone who clearly doesn't give a shit about american values, is an open serial killer and shits on some of the core fundamentals of our country just because they both worked for the same guy.

Don't you know bait when you see it

Yeah, that's fascist crap.

>bait
You wish

He salutes the soldier not the person

That's not how it works, Frank clearly doesn't actually give a shit about his country otherwise he wouldn't be doing what he does.

Bait

So is the War Machine Punisher ongoing Frank vs HYDRA? bc that was a cool tease

Not really, why is that when I bring this up all people ever yell is bait or something dumb like "its okay because they were both soldiers despite Punisher going against core american values such as innocent until prove guilty and the right to trail?

>american values such as innocent until prove guilty and the right to trail?
Um sweetie those are patriarchal values that have no place in the CURRENT YEAR

Because you're always the only autist that thinks so.

goddamn I love Frank Miller

>such as innocent until prove guilty and the right to trail

and that was before he left Nam!

there's so much potential in Cap the WW2 hero and Frank the Nam vet interacting that I don't think ever gets fully capitalized on

>no actual counterpoints
Yeah, okay. Its still out of character for Steve

I agree, it could be really interesting if they talked about this and Captain America tried to beat him down and take Frank in for disgracing the miltary the way he does.
They don't have to balls to do that though

Bait

The state of Punisherfags

fucking brainlet

No this is fucking canon. He kills out of rage and personal desire, not any kind of duty. At best he made a deal with death to survive Valley Forge.

Yes, that entire thing is massively out of character for Steve. What's your point?

>He kills out of rage and personal desire, not any kind of duty.
Somebody didn't read The Platoon.

Tell me how is this out of character?

I've already explained that right here At least read the thread

Because I said so.

He is not saluting Frank you idiot.

You clearly don't understand Captain America if you think he would place someone severing in the military above the core values he stands for.
Yes, Steve would go easy on Frank and try and get him some help after he captured him. No, he would not salute them and let them go.

>at best he made a deal with Death to survive Valley Forge

Captain America is a soldier. He was never "an embodiment of America". He was never about "American values". He's about serving the military and being a leader. Superman was the "American way" type. That was never Captain America's thing.

Captain America doesn't either.

So why is Cap working with Fury? Fury was also killer.

>He was never about "American values".
Haha, no.

Fury is dealing with actual huge threats and saving the world from threats that can't logically be stopped in any other way and furthermore Steve has never shown to completely agree with him about anything let alone followed his orders without question.

Frank is just murdering gangbangers as a power trip because he has ptsd and his family was killed.

>is an open serial killer

you're just using words wrong

he's killed less people than have died in Hulk's countless rampages, less people than have been killed by Silver Surfer, probably less people than have been killed by Thor

even Captain America (along with his fellow soldiers) killed TONS of people in WWII, and the military out-kills The Punisher's total kill count each MONTH, each WEEK during wartime, and Captain America doesn't have any problem with that, he even took part in it in WWII

nigga NONE of that shit applies to the literally wars that killed MILLIONS that Captain America himself fought in

what The Punisher has done by comparison is a drop in the bucket

That's not Frank Miller.

You don't know what the world serial killer means, do you? Also comparing actions done in a war time situation to Frank hunting them down is laughable. Just because he believes its a war doesn't actually mean its true.
>something worse happened that Steve also dislikes so that mean he can't dislike or stand for anything else
Are you serious? Dumb nigger

>core american values such as innocent until prove guilty and the right to trail

none of those are "American values", you dumbass

Yes they are, just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't a core part of our freedoms. They're something americans do and should take pride in

>Captain America is a soldier. He was never "an embodiment of America". He was never about "American values". He's about serving the military and being a leader.
>literally posts an image that entirely proves otherwise

>It's this autist again.

Every single time.

I can't tell if Punisherfags really don't understand or are just shit posting. Like its even a theme in Ennis' stuff that hes deranged. You aren't suppose to think the Punisher is a good and moral person, that's missing the point
>still can't disprove anything I said
okay

nigga you are still using "serial killer" wrong and the idea that "rules are different during war" is preposterous, there are no "rules" irl

you are straight up delusional and clearly haven't left your mom's basement yet

I don't think that at all, I just think Cap is about american values.

Current co authors grew up watching too many anime

Yeah, there always has to be some faggot who shits up any thread about Captain America.

I'm assuming it's Mark Waid.

What did they do to the colors? It looks like someone using some photoshop semi-transparency type effect and not knowing how it works.

>there are no "rules" irl
I can't tell if you're shit posting or you really don't get that a war situation is different than hunting down and murdering random people in the street
...Now i'm confused, that's what i've been saying. Its the people who are trying to agure that Steve only cares about following orders are retarded

It's not Captain America, it's literally just that specific page that draws this same idiot out of the woodwork without fail.

Blood and Glory was great.

You haven't proven anything beyond your inability to perceive that page as anything but literal.

>I watched the MCU flicks and like Chris Evans' tweets so I know captain america

just shut the fuck up

Your problem is that you have a romanticized view of what that means that has no basis in reality.

t.roastie

this guy gets it

Prove me wrong then, asshole.
Its a comic book, user. Its out of character for Steve to put a military bond over the values of America. Period
The only things you guys have done is fling insults at me and tried to say that Captain America doesn't care about American values.

THIS GUY FUCKING GETS IT

CAPFAG BTFO

you have literally never left the house ever

it is literally physically impossible to believe anything you're saying if you have any experience in the real world

Please just go back to fucking the wall mount you stuck on your Captain America poster.

>still just throwing out insults instead of actually backing up your point about Steve not caring about Ameican values
Its almost like you guys know i'm right but don't want to admit it.

Captain America is about Ameican values but also about other things.

Okay good, now would he put something like serving in the military above those values? I'd say he wouldn't

Captain America saluting the soldier that Frank Castle represents, that of the mentally-wounded veteran from a hellhole of a war that he wasn't around to participate in, does not run counter to the idea that Steve cares about American values.

>he's killed less people than have died in Hulk's countless rampages

>implying the hulk ever killed anyone

my man not knowing about supermath

That's not what muh hubando would do to a baka like Frank Castle.

The thing is that Frank no longer represents that, he spits in the face of the other soldiers that served and didn't become murdering pieces of shit.
I agree that Steve would pity Frank and would want to help him. I agree that Steve might not even blame Frank himself, but I don't think he would ever salute and honer the man just because he served in that war.

Read the comics(Blood and Glory)

Joss Whedon pls

Steve should arrest the punisher though. There are characters I get letting him go, but Cap should not be one of them. He will fight with him towards a greater good, but he would take Frank in.

>Punisher going against core american values such as innocent until prove guilty
Nigga Frank does his research when hunting the guys, he knows if someone is a killer, how many victims, the weapon he used, Etc. You're retarded if you believe he doesn't know if the guy he's punishing is a criminal or not.

Frank saved cap life

>The thing is that Frank no longer represents that
>but I don't think he would ever salute and honer the man just because he served in that war.

You're taking this page way too literally. He is not "honoring Frank Castle". He is saluting the man Frank Castle once was, who like so many other Vietnam vets sacrificed nearly everything they had, both during wartime and the peace that followed, and left so much of themselves behind in that hellish jungle warzone. The gesture is an acknowledgment and recognition of who he was, not approval of who he became. The Punisher is a living wound, a raw nerve that is very much emblematic of vets who went through similar circumstances, even if they didn't go completely off the deep end as he did.

Nothing more and nothing less. That salute does not somehow mean that Cap places the military above American values, nor is it out of character for him to make that gesture.

Oh, I didn't read the comic.

That's not the point, even those pieces of shit deserve a right to a trial by their peers. You can't pick and choose who to apply your rights to. They should serve their crimes, don't get me wrong, They should not be hunted down and shot in the back of the head.

wew lad

you aren't Captain America and your views are not his. they don't even align with steve in the comics. they align with the simplified version in the MCU and the beliefs of his actor. I doubt you served (and you don't seem to be in the habit of proving any one wrong) so who are you to speak on behalf of soldiers and their feelings? let alone a fictional one who you know nothing about.

You being angry rogers showed a momentary respect to a fellow soldier is pretty much outing yourself as not knowing what that respect truly is. And had you actually been up on your ennis-punisher you'd have gotten a pretty damn good response to "why would soldiers not hate this guy". Because sometimes going to war is still commendable despite what you did before, during or after. Sometimes that selfless sacrifice is enough to warrant, at the very least, momentary respect.

You have no intention of speaking to this though and every intention of pissing off both Frankfags and Capfags and, it would seem, service members as well.

>Because sometimes going to war is still commendable despite what you did before, during or after. Sometimes that selfless sacrifice is enough to warrant, at the very least, momentary respect.

wait did Frank choose to go to Vietnam?

L O L

Like I said, i'm fine with Steve showing him some respect and pitying Frank. He'd try and help the man, but he wouldn't let him go and would approve of him being a serial killer

>They should not be hunted down and shot in the back of the head.
his sneak attack mostly involves people getting blown up most of the times.
Most of the time the people he's after are untouchable by the Cops, hell Barracuda had so much dirt on the US Gov. he basically said "Nah Nick Fury, you can't touch me mang."
he still got beat the fuck up but the point remains.

I think if Frank only went after and murdered criminals like Barracuda or the Slaver guys then i'd like him more and wouldn't really have as many issues with him. Its when he goes around and just murders a bunch of random gangbangers or the hired help that I roll my eyes.

He was already in the military by the time of the Vietnam War.

>t. teenager who has never and will never go to war

>Like I said, i'm fine with Steve showing him some respect and pitying Frank
you never said that and that's not what your first post said either. it quite literally called steve out for saluting him.

>you never said that
I've said it a bunch of times
>and that's not what your first post said either. it quite literally called steve out for saluting him.
That's different than just showing him respect, I think that goes too far is the point I was making.

IMO going after Drug dealers is comparable and even worse than going after killers, as for being hired help well if it isn't SHIELD related is probably him getting a lead on a drug/killer/sex slave/etc operation rather than being a killer for hire.
when a crime family once hired him to wack a rival family he done the job and came back and wacked them too.

fuck Nam my man. it was a shitty pointless war and the US got our asses rightfully kicked by farmers.

war is bad and i am against it.

>That's different than just showing him respect,
it isn't and you've confirmed you're not an active or former service member. go read captain america, stop watching the movies and following chris evans twitter, and maybe even go talk to an actual veteran to find out how they feel about other vets.

what does any of that matter to this discussion? fuck off.