T’Challa was the most boring character in his own movie...

T’Challa was the most boring character in his own movie. Will they make him a dudebro in the future like they did with Thor?

The tried to give the women shit to do that they stripped T'challa's traits

In the comics he was the one that wanted to take Wakanda out of Isolation, He didn't need people to tell him

He's not as smart or has plans on plans like the comic version

The straight up to away the uniqueness of the heart shaped herb. WTF anybody can take it

He doesn't even make his own suits

He's too dependent on others in this movie. It's sad when he's more badass in Civil War than his own movie, I wouldn't even be surprised if he's more badass in Infinity War than BP

No Aquameh will prove dudebros don't sell

It's pretty much Spider-Man Homecoming again

Why did kill monger look like vegeta

Thing is, Black Panther is a regal and restraint character. People liked him in Civil War because he was the serious one in a sea of jokers. But that leads to a problem, he's boring when he's the lead character. It's why his comics never catch on. That's why they stuffed te film with more memorable characters, because the lead is so restraint.

>Spacing.

Black heroes aren't allowed to have personalities. The only black men with personalities are comic relief characters, and black guys who die first in horror movies.

He lost the straightedge he had in civil war when he lost his murderboner for Bucky. He was the strong silent type in the mysterious black saying shit like "I don't care" to Hawkeye.

He was like Mad Max in Black Panther where he was just the vehicle to explore the movie. Wakanda was the real main character.

Finally! I thought I was the only one. Why did they make a team movie and call it a solo? BP should have been able to handle this shit and more but instead he can't do nothing.

thereʻs nothing wrong with double spacing

Yes, there is. Learn how to type in English prose.

nigga this is Sup Forums not english class

Open up Microsoft word, type a few words, then press enter.
Did it single space or double space...? Exactly

>he fell for the reddit spacing meme
How to spot a dumbass

There is something wrong when you can't even form a coherent thought without moving on to a new space. Paragraphs are a thing, use them.

I AM YOUR KING NOW

Why was he Magneto?

>gets sneakers
>doesn't even get to sneak with them
>just gets less cool fight scenes than his baldie guards

I agree that he was the least interesting character, although overall I liked the movie. What I was expect from the movie after he fell off the waterfall, and what I’m surprised they didn’t do, was have some sort of arduous journey home where no-powers no-suit T’challa proves himself worthy of kingship through ingenuity and determination. I wouldnt be surprised if that’s what happened in an earlier version of the script.

Michael b jordan shoudlʻve been tchalla

>gary stu black panter
Stop

> Women being Mary Sue's is bad.

> Men being Gary Stu's is good.

Sup Forums and Sup Forums in a nutshell.

I said to a black guy that I thought the movie was kind of boring
holy fuck I thought he was going to boil me alive

how are people getting their entire identity wrapped up in a movie?

The first Mad Max was about Max though.

You're a retard. People dunk on Korra all the time for similar reasons. There is a middle ground between incompetence and being a mary sue.

I'm just upset they didn't make him white. It's 2018. We shouldn't be constrained by race and let the best actor take the job.

He was regal you slow-brain

In what way?

Same first name.

He stole the show in Civil War. We already like the guy, so it was okay to make him the straight man so his supporting cast could shine.

>He stole the show in Civil War.
What? I mean it was cool and all but he didn't steal the show.

It was an OK movie... certainly didn't grab and hold my attention the way Guardians did. All in all, I thought it was good, but was sometime too heavy-handed in trying to be a "black" movie.

Black Panther has always been a middle of the road character for me... he's never been one of my favorite characters, but he's never been one of my least favorite either. He was a much more interesting character in Winter Soldier - probably because he was more proactive in that film and more reactive here. He should have found out about Erik Killmonger earlier and brought him to Wakanda to try and make up for what his father had done, which would have made Killmonger's betrayal have more impact.

Killmonger... well, it was a good performance, but holy shit. His character was a stealth criticism of a lot of African-American culture. The little kids talking about taking apart the airship and selling it was another example... sometimes you've got to wonder what people were thinking.

Honestly, BP's little sister, Shuri, was probably the stand-out character of the movie for me, especially because of her "we're not living in mud huts, some of this stuff is bullshit" stance. It was also funny seeing them shoehorn Freeman in as a token "good" white guy.

In Civil war, yes. In this movie, nope, but it's not even his fault. The film develops a lot his relationship with his family and talk little about his responsibilities as a king. He still considers himself a prince and that's also why he accepts the Killmonger challenge.

I liked more Badass/angry Tchalla in Civil war, but BP was a good movie.

>The little kids talking about taking apart the airship and selling it was another example... sometimes you've got to wonder what people were thinking.

That scene made me facepalm so hard.

When will the regular people in the MCU stop being impressed with technology despite witnessing aliens?

Ain't no aliens in Oakland.

Aquaman will prove Aquaman doesn't sell

Just get the Russo Brothers to write him again. He was cool in Civil War when he had something to do and a personality.

Wakanda will be decimated in Infinity. The thing will become very personal to him, i bet.

Yeah, there's no way they'll actually try to incorporate the consequences from the end of BP into the world. I just hope they don't make it a refugee crisis story.

i liked him better as james brown

Vibranium weapons are the only thing capable of hurting Thanos, because it can do anything already anyway, so he uses the gauntlet to destroy the mine. Wakanda is forced to adapt and recreate all their tech without their vibranium crutch.
Could have an outside force using this as an opportunity to conquer Wakanda and M'Baku seeing it as an example of why their reliance on technology is a weakness and only strength should matter.

True, It he was on a warpath in that movie. If he kept that attitude up while talking to his loved ones he’d just come off like a sulky asshole.

Hope he behaves more like Steve. Both are good people trying to do what is right.

Not anybody can take the herb. You have yo have royal blood which is why Zuli said anyone with royal blood can challenge T'challa

Shuri a cute!

I personally don't feel like any character is as good as the main universe counterpart. Or rather they're good in a different way or "streamlined" to be more fun/acceptable. I think it used to bother me now it's just how it is. And all I hope for is that they don't change them in the comics. But everyone Other than Cap and Hulk at best are almost totally different. Like to the point of Unrecognizable as far as character or personality is concerned.

>Shuri a cute!
T'Loli.

A powerful marketing apparatus, and #woke liberals only being able to make representative gains in media. When you can actually make people's live better, you make fictional character's live better and hope people can live through that and not riot.

His actor is a fan of dragon ball iirc.

>Black heroes aren't allowed to have personalities
>What is Static for 500, Alex

I predict Corvus Glaive will order his forces to attack Wakanda itself midway through the battle to force Wanda to leave Vision's side, because that's the only way he's getting that stone.

Then Cap and Wanda pursue and kill Corvus and Proxima brutally.

Wakanda is wrecked to fuck...then Thanos shows up.

Shuri is much better than her main universe counterpart.

Black Panther is easily Marvel's most likeable hero. He's an honorable warrior and king. Do people just not like him because he doesn't quip all the time?

That's what I find ironic. People complain about the quipping then when we get a classic stoic hero, people moan that he's boring because he doesn't quip.

Literally no one is talking about that

Nah, Spider-twink was always annoying.

This strawman needs to stop. Things aren't an either or scenario. It's about execution. You can do quippy heroes right, just like you have ways of doing stoic heroes right.

What was done wrong with T'challa?

Yeah he was a bit flat. He was really good in Civil War too so it felt like a step backwards.

Now that I think about it, his appeal in Civil War is because we didn't know shit about him compared to literally everyone else in the conflict. So it's not that Black Panther's Tchalla was flat, he was just in his own environment. Like that guy said earlier, Wakanda as a whole was the center of the story.

>Yeah he was a bit flat. He was really good in Civil War too so it felt like a step backwards.
The thing is he is the KING, and that meant he had to act presentable at all times except when he is alone with his family. He isn't permitted to show what he really feels most of the time, that is the price you pay for the throne. Killmonger on the other hand didn't give a shit, because he didn't care for the throne but for what the throne gives him.

delete this

Aquaman is gonna be a hit

He had little agency in his own fucking film.

The problem is he got outshined by the whole storyline and by Wakanda in general. The character shines more outside of that setting where he isn't so reactive to everything around him and is more proactive.

I liked T'Challa in CW because he had an arc. His father was taken away from him and he went on the warpath, joining a side exclusively to kill someone. He stalked Tony and planned on killing Bucky even when the rest were focused on other matters, only to realize that Bucky himself was a victim and that even people who do bad things have circumstances that made them do so. Not only did he not step in on the final fight, but he listened to Zemo and prevented his suicide. His growth as a person was cemented by keeping Bucky safe in his own country. All of these are individual choices he made of his own desires.
In Black Panther he just did what others wanted him to do.

Nah ant man was the worst character in his own movie. Anyone that likes it doesn't show love for Rudd. It's all Michael Peña love

It all boils down to him being mostly reactive instead of proactive and letting everything and everyone around him carry him from place to place. It's called bad protagonist writing whereas in CW he had good protagonist writing

Ant-Man was honestly crap and no one remembers anything but the laughs.

Nah, I kind of liked him as is; he was the most relate-able character I could strap on to in the movie, aside from maybe the sister (but she was a bit out there herself with the whole inventor thing).

I think the only thing I didn't like was the suit becoming like a tank and him having to work less and just charge into gunfire.

Dude he's right tho

They ruined Luke Cage

The actress is 24

M'baku and Shuri stole the show desu

Because they were obviously specifically crafted to do just that.

the new suit gets rid of the tensions in fights and it also looks fucking ugly compared to the godlike civil war costume

also i hate this new bullshit "growing out of nowhere" technology thats in every single movie

The heart shaped herb was an opportunity to see Bast missed; its role in the movie disappointed me.

I have no problem with Shuri helping with the suits, except Shuri likes magic and doesn't really come off as that much of an academic. In Wakanda, he's pretty dependent on his supporters anyway.
If we got full skill BP, it'd be much much worse because he's an overpowered Gary Stu

Every BP story ever:
>someone is trying to take over wakanda
>someone wants to fuck with vibranium
>tie-ins
Pretty much the whole character's history in a nutshell

Boy oh boy, I wonder how long we can stretch this out

It was too heavy-handed in being a black movie, and it wasn't any of the actual pan-African synthesis in Wakandan culture or the all-black cast that made it so. There were just these moments of dialogue that felt so shoehorned and awkward ("colonizer", "bury me at sea with my ancestors", etc.)

Especially the "bury me with my ancestors". Nigga, if they threw themselves into the sea 400 years ago, they dead. They didn't get to America so you're not descended from them.

>It was an OK movie... certainly didn't grab and hold my attention the way Guardians did. All in all, I thought it was good, but was sometime too heavy-handed in trying to be a "black" movie.

if you think BP was trying to be a black movie you haven't actually seen a "black" movie

I get the point about Shuri and "colonizer" but Killmonger using that rhetoric is entirely in character. He hides personal pain, anger and revenge behind being a "liberator" of black people so of course he'd talk like that hollow as the sentiment is. Not that most audiences seem to be getting that.

The expanding suit annoys me too.

The stuff in earlier Marvel films like the ironman armours looked as if they could exist. They showed a lot of the building of the first two suits and a load of the mechanics that went into them. Now it's armour coming out of a necklace. That may be more comic book, but it's lost the grounded vibe.

>He should have found out about Erik Killmonger earlier and brought him to Wakanda to try and make up for what his father had done, which would have made Killmonger's betrayal have more impact.
I'm perfectly happy with what they went with, but this is a fascinating idea

What a waste.

YOOOOOOO SHIIIIIIT.

It all started with that shitty suitcase suit in IM2.

CRAZY EIGHTS

You're such a disappointment

Anyone got Eastern fanart of the movie? For some reason I always get curious on how the Japanese and Koreans view our media since I know how big anime is in here, plus East Asia isn't known to be particularly black friendly, so that really makes me wonder how they feel about it. I'd look it up myself, but the only site I know that hosts pics from that area is Pixiv and the search engine there sucks.

What's fucked is all adaptations of black heroes are the same. Stoic and reluctant to do anything. Look at Luke Cage and Black Lightning.

STOP THE PRESSES MARVEL CHECK THIS SHIT OUT

How? He's a nigga.

He's too good an actor that I don't want him wasting time in such a restrained role

>Will they make him a dudebro in the future like they did with Thor?

Yes he will become T'Chad

>stuffed te film with more memorable characters
Who?

apologize

I miss the days of Iron Man 1 and 2

Klaue

>Michael B Jordan is into DBZ
I shouldn't really be surprised.

But damn, I like him even more now.