Got accepted into the Disney College Program to be a cook at Epcots Food and Wine Festival

Got accepted into the Disney College Program to be a cook at Epcots Food and Wine Festival.

Needless to say I'm pumped. Anybody have any advice for someone who has never done the program before?

General Disney Parks thread while we are at it.
Epcot > Magic Kingdom > Animal Kingdom > Hollywood Studios

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you the user that opened a thread on /ck/ a while ago?

>Anybody have any advice for someone who has never done the program before?
Yeah, hook me up with some free food.

lucky you living the dream to work at Based disney

I am. /ck/ seemed to be surprisingly negative towards it.

You already made this thread

Magic Kingdom > Animal Kingdom > Epcot >>>>>>>> Disney's Cinemagine Shitheap

All hail Disney!

I have my phone interview this evening. Any tips?

>expecting /ck/ to be positive of anything

Tell the mouse you gave justice league a rotten review

just be polite and answer as best you can and don't fuck it up by saying you enjoy going to universal studios or something ridiculous like that

Tell the rat you loved black panther and you can't wait for frozen 2 to come out

>not getting into based Disneyland instead
That said,
If you're going the Facebook route of choosing your roommates, make sure you know exactly what you're getting into. Nothing hurts worse than getting an autismo or asshole and knowing that it could have been avoided if you had seen the red flags sooner.

Also, I don't know if Florida has the same opportunities as California did, but take advantage of the special events they offer to college program students like behind the scenes tours and stuff. I got to go on a backstage tour of Tower of Terror and got a ton of pictures. Hands down one of the coolest moments of my life.

Just be professional, honest and sound enthused. It's not as hard to get in as everyone tries to say it is.

And don't forget to say how excited you are for A Wrinkle in Time and how it definitely won't be a bomb like Tomb Raider and Ready Player One will be

That's what she said.

ye call the DIRTY FUCKING JEWS the moment you step in the interview room

That's dope. I heard about opportunities like this but nobody really specified what they are. Any other cool ones you tried?

Fuck disney and kill all disney shills

user please...

Why do you think that tips about an interview is a suitable thing to ask on a board about cartoons and comics?

Obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA

RIP Space Mountain

Who let the screeching apes into the park?

There was also a tour of Walt's apartment and the dream suite, but I didn't go on those. There might have been one of the Haunted Mansion too, but spots for that filled up obscenely quickly.

Sorry meant to reply to

Is there a good video clip of a "that guy" moment? I imagine you could get some meme potential from it.

good luck

there's way more of us than there will ever be of you losers

Only means more bodies to add to the pile

>mfw I was that guy

Well, the thread was started by someone who passed the phone interview, so...

>Phone interview
How does this usually go? What kinds of questions are asked? I'm curious since my interview was in person and all of my questions were about culinary stuff

Do you know what booth(s) you'll be working at yet? I'm going to food and wine this year and I want to judge your cooking.

Probably not going to know until I actually get there, unfortunately. I'll post an update maybe when I find out

Is Disneyworld good ?
Like, is it worth a trip to Orlando to go to it Good?
How long would it take to virtually do everything at it ?

NOT. COMICS. OR. CARTOONS.

If you fuck my ex, we're gonna have issues, ass.

I plan to. She's gonna sit on my dick on the people mover.

She needs the exercise after the break up. You like puertorican chubsters?

Fuck off, newfag

>Chubsters
Y E S

Crowded. If you could do research on when it is the least populated if say go for it.

How much would it be to travel out of country to a foreign Disney park compared to going to World? I have been to World multiple times but never any other park. I'd love to check out Tokyo Disney or Euro Disney

>they ask for your name
>you say "Thaddeus Guy"

this thread makes me sad

Tokyo is fucking fantastic, Euro is trash but has the advantage of no lines for anything because no one goes there.

Its a cookbook.

Who's ready for Hollywood Studios to be jam packed for the next three years? Toy Story Land opens June 30th, they're gonna close off Pixar Place then, The Great Movie Ride is gone and isn't replaced until around early 2019, and Star Wars Land doesn't open until late 2019. After that it's two years of packed crowds like Potter but worse since this actually has two rides at opening.

How thick do the girls working at Disney get?

All the women I've seen there are just fit, not really thick. The people really running around like janitors are all old.

I did Food & Beverage at the World Showcase in Epcot a few years ago

What do you want to know

If you cook for Disney you're going to be forced to put... stuff... in your food. Have fun jackass.

Win a prize if you can figure out what 'stuff' means in this post! Is it:

>Ingredients that plenty of places use but sound scary on paper
>Some Facebook-tier conspiracy shit
>Cum

I want to say cum.

norways girls are the best

>You will never suckle a thick Norwegian barmaid

so you're going to be one of 5 people crammed into a tiny booth kicking out the 4 menu items they do that season

that's not a cook. that's a cafeteria lady

>op thinks epcot in its current state is better then dak or mk

What was the work load like?
How many hours/days off were you getting a week?
How much do you feel like it tested your knowledge in the kitchen? I have been in culinary school for a little over a year but I still get worried I'm going to be in over my head when I actually get there. I know my knife cuts and easy shit, but do you feel like there was ever a situation where you had no actual idea what you were doing?

Horizons and Ellen aren't coming back, user. It's time to let go of the 90s and embrace thrill rides.

I've worked with the company for about 3 years now and let me tel you Magic Kingdom hasn't had a slow week in like, a year. It's still going to be more crowded than usually for a good while, but if you have patience to deal with a swarm of brazilians and indians than go right ahead and have some fun.

I've been working for Disneyland Inventory and Receiving for the past 11 years, started when I was 19. Ask me anything.

I was agreeing with you not him
probably a week and yes its pretty great
>tfw not working at mk at mk on main street anymore
it was beautiful

How much do you make

Disney World is dope. It's been crowded for the past two years but it's manageable. The other parks don't come close. Orlando is cool too if you have some time off, great food.

If you want to do pretty much everything, you'll need to be there for about a week. Doing everything at Magic Kingdom is a 2 day thing if you don't want to burn yourself out. You can do everything you'd realistically want to do in just 3-4 days though.

If you want to beat the crowds, staying on Disney property is a good idea since it's not that much more than other hotels in the area and you get fastpasses 60 days ahead instead of 30. Schedule them for earlier in the day since after you use 3, you can schedule more for whatever times are available that day. Timing is also important. June and early July are terrible, so is mid-late April during Spring Break, along with Memorial Day. Christmas time can be hell at some parks. Don't go to Epcot on New Years. Look up some crowd calendars for good days.

Still can't believe the parks undergoing like, 25% park closure for renavation aren't lowering their prices for a while.

>>expecting Sup Forums to be positive of anything

How long does it take a Disneyland castmember to get their nametags if you order a new one? Asking cause at WDW it takes a couple of weeks

>it will still have under 10 rides

Dont go to Epcot on New Year's Eve*

If you're staying beyond 3-4 days, you might want Park Hopper tickets for a day or two. They let you go between all the parks during the day so you aren't trapped at a park with nothing to do or one that's crowded.

Get there early for shows and parades. You should get spots for the MK fireworks show or Fantasmic 30-45 minutes early to not get shit spots. Don't get the Fastpass for Illuminations, it's not worth it.

Other than that just have a good time. You will probably never see anybody in the park again, so don't let them get to you if someone's a cunt.

People will see lower prices and jump on it for "cheap disney tickets!!!" and make the park more crowded than normal. Their plan is to raise ticket and parking prices to weed out enough people to make the parks manageable and not lose money. There's rumors that Disneyland may be getting rid of monthly payments for APs and the lowest tier AP because of this.

$91,000 with great benefits, I love my job.
It depends, can't speak for other properties but they used to be done in house, now it's outsourced to some local company, but I shouldn't take more than 5 days.

Is it true that wild shit goes on in the tunnels? Get back to us on this, user, I've heard some stories from a guy.

I was gonna say there would be 10 with Muppet*Vision but I forgot Little Mermaid is at Magic Kingdom, lmao

>Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Replacing GMR)
>Tower of Terror
>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
>Star Tours
>Muppet*Vision 3D
>Millennium Falcon
>Other Star Wars Land Ride
>Slinky Dog Dash
>Alien Swirling Saucers

What's better is that, rumor has it, Star Tours will be closed by 2022 or so for a replacement, since the Millennium Falcon ride is essentially Star Tours 2.0. Maybe they'll replace the Star Wars Launch Bay with a ride. Maybe.

fomer mk cast here ive never seen any sexy type stuff but its a big place
also it never get old to see characters walking around
>tfw you see belle hanging up her dress

Can't wait to say "4u" at every epcot worker until I find you, OP!

Living the dream, congrats.

Its a big park.

Because you'll never get accepted into college by Disney?

no bc I miss the time i was in florida on the program

I'm going to universal Orlando at the end of May and would really like some tips. I understand Disney world pretty well but this will be my first time at universal so comparisons would be nice

Is vista way really as great as people say? A girl tried telling me it was awful but all I ever hear on the internet is how amazing it is.
Stories? I still need to decide where I'm staying.

most of what people say is accurate they actually had to fill in the hottub because people would fuck in it
more then once we had girls nobody knew untill the night before sleep in our dorm
also if you dont have a car you should stay there for sure

Unless you buy their Fastpass equivalent, be prepared to wait.

At Universal Studios, start by going straight and then looping around. At Island of Adventure, start by heading right into Dr Seuss area and then loop around. It's better that way.

City Walk will have better food than most everything at either park at the same price, and since it's attached to the parks it's not that big of a walk.

You're not going at the exact best time since Shrek 4D closed, and the Fast & Furious and Nintendo things won't be open.

In terms of ride comparisons, The Simpsons is kinda like Soarin' in terms of ride system, Men in Black is essentially Space Ranger Spin, "The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley" ride is The PeopleMover with a narrative, Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls is Splash Mountain, Jurassic Park River Adventure is Splash Mountain but dope. Everything else is either regular coasters/shows or original stuff from what I remember.

>If you don't have a car, stay there for sure
Why is that?

all the buses stop there and you can walk to walgreens or dollar general to get all your basic food stuff without having to get on the bus to go to walmart
also wendys cicis pizza and chick fila in walking distance

>Unless you buy their Fastpass equivalent, be prepared to wait.
Are the lines as bad as Disney's? Mostly just concerned for the harry potter stuff that little area is the main reason for the trip

I'm sold.

Alcohol is allowed, right? Are any of them dry dorms that I should avoid?

They're a bit better for standby since the parks are packed with stuff and aren't as busy as, say, Magic Kingdom, but the big rides will be your typical 90 or more minute wait, especially in late May.

I'm just so used to Fastpass that I can't stand standby lines.

alcohol is allowed as long as everyone that lives there is over 21 and if you are you should be put with others you are
>thinking about all the dorm rule my roomies broke
good times

I lived in Vista during my program last year and nothing extraordinary happened at all. There were some parties but everything stayed pretty tame. If things get out of hand security gets called because there's a noise curfew and your neighbors are gonna be real pissed when people are screaming and singing on balconies at 4 a.m. when they have to get up at 6. My hours and schedule kept me so fucking tired it's not like I had the energy for anything fun anyways. I worked in Tragic Kingdom so sometimes I didn't get home until 2-3 a.m. because of Extra Magic Hours and the buses.

Pro-tip: The bus drivers will all try to kill you. The buses legitimately crashed or broke down every other week. If you don't have a car, make friends with coworkers who do. Do not attempt to drive down the main road anywhere between 4 and 6 p.m. you will be stuck in gridlock for half an hour. Don't worry about points just don't get too many reprimands. I knew plenty of people who amassed points like they were candy and they never got fired.

Disney looks fun, and it is fun, but they do work you hard. The jobs are easy as fuck but the heat and the hours will take their toll on you. You'll look back and recall it as both the best and worst job you ever had. You'll bitch about it every night yet you'll also have a truckload of positive memories. They really know what they're doing when they can get away with organizing indentured servitude undercover of nostalgia and 'magic' and kids will flock to them for cheap labor. God bless the Mouse.

Fuck I miss it.

get the fuck out. disney will own your soul. if you make one wrong move it's career suicide and you'll probably never get a job near food that's better than mcdonalds. i guarantee whatever they're paying you is not worth what you're risking and what you'll deal with being a disney parks employee

Oh also, join all those dumb college program facebook groups. People will post all the time when they are moving out of their dorms and will leave piles of free stuff outside for everyone to scavenge. Cleaning supplies, souvenirs, toiletries, little house good items, seasoning and dry goods. You can really make out like a bandit because a lot of these people are from out of state and don't want to bother taking things back home with them.

>Disney looks fun, and it is fun, but they do work you hard. The jobs are easy as fuck but the heat and the hours will take their toll on you. You'll look back and recall it as both the best and worst job you ever had. You'll bitch about it every night yet you'll also have a truckload of positive memories. They really know what they're doing when they can get away with organizing indentured servitude undercover of nostalgia and 'magic' and kids will flock to them for cheap labor. God bless the Mouse.
Fuck I miss it.
well said bro
nah I fucked up stuff and could probably go back if I wanted

here's a (you) that was earned. good on ya son.

i was also a that guy. turned out okay.

I remember how happy the tiny rewards would make me like how every once in a while we would get a free mickey ice cream or something. They threw a frozen treat at us that cost them a penny and we were happy as dogs. Their little reward system with the 4 Keys Cards is genius too. It really did wonders for morale sometimes and it cost them nothing.

Your record card gets absolved after so long, you can re-apply and go back after a break. Unless you severely fucked up they won't really care and it's actually really hard to get fired unless, like I said you SERIOUSLY fuck up. I'm talking sexual assault, drugs, giving alcohol to minors, stabbing somebody, losing the head of your costume during Friendship Faire (RIP Olaf) etc.

I remember to to the cp thing at the waterpark and stuffing mickey bars into my bag on the way out
and for the next few days I had one everytime I got off to cool down