DC Marvel ripoffs

So I haven't been around for a while. What the fuck is this? This is pretty blatant. Has DC explained itself?

>Curse of the Brimstone

Phantom walker would be a better name.

are they not breaking any copyright laws? i get that parodies are protected, but surely actually producing more comics and profiting off certain ideas is illegal

They're clearly trying to bring in former Marvel readers.

DC is a brand owned by Warner Bros., Marvel is a brand owned by Disney. Neither of them is in any financial trouble and neither of them have anything to do with the movies.

>DC is about 5 months from bankruptcy

how is that possible when they have a steady growth on the market share?

There's a difference between reusing a concept (which is what DC is doing) and actually copy/pasting a character to the point where people could potentially confuse them (which is [more or less] how "plagiarism" is defined in courts).

mugga the big two have been ripping each other off since time immemorial

You're being trolled

i feel like damage at least is pretty much plagiarism

How new are you to comics mate. Marvel and DC have been canibalizing each other for years.

thats more of a joke though. more of a joke than producing a comic where a man is turned into a hulking brute by a government experiment and is being hunted by the government, and its not the hulk

>joke
What. No it isn't.

Dude, squadron supreme is literally injustice 30+ years before injustice was a thing

0/3 good series now, You are not missing much

So which of these comics correspond to Marvel comics?

Damage = Hulk
Terrifics = Fantastic Four
Sideways = Spider-Man

im assuming brimstone = ghost rider. silencer is punisher. not sure what the other two are

silencer is not punisher? it's Retired Hitman Gets Pulled Back In.

No shit you haven't been around in a while. This shit's been going on since before anyone on Sup Forums was born. They rip each other off or come up with the same ideas at the same time, it's been going on since comics fucking started.

Silencer is Black Widow
Brimstone is Ghost Rider
Unexpected are original Defenders (i.e. Dr Strange, Hulk,Namor etc)
Immortal Men may be Inhumans

>Artists driven imprint à la marvel method
>4/6 have already lost their initial artist
>old jimbo didn't even bother doing the second issue
how is this not considered a failure already

Nobody's really considering this anything. Nobody's expecting any of this to succeed, we're all just letting it run its course. Remember Anima?

Maybe they'll kill her family off.

Newfag, the big 2 have been doing this to one another for decades. DC is taking advantage of Marvel's alienation of fans, and most of these probably won't see past 12 issues. Do I really need to make the Darkseid vs Thanos comparison?

DC is doing a better job at writing Marvel inspired characters than Marvel is.

Is Damage better than Cho Hulk?

But at least when you see those covers they feel like comic books and not like posters of the anual gay parade. I will take this rip-offs over the current marvel's genderbended blackwashed versions of the originals

Also, what the fuck is that hob-gob thing in the Immortal men? Looks cool

I see a Hulk, Spiderman, Dr Strange and F4 rippoffs what are the others ripping off?

>Silencer is Black Widow
>Brimstone is Ghost Rider
>Unexpected are original Defenders (i.e. Dr Strange, Hulk,Namor etc)
>Immortal Men may be Inhumans
Does Marvel own the concept of “retired assassin who gets dragged back into the life she desperately wants to leave behind”? Because the way some of you retards whine you'd think so.

It’s a sign of how underaged and retarded Sup Forums is that none of you remember how Jamie Reyes or Vergil Hawkins was blatantly trying to be DC’s Spider-Man.

> Jamie Reyes or Vergil Hawkins was blatantly trying to be DC’s Spider-Man.

Sup Forums doesn't even realize when Marvel does Spider-Man ripoffs

Silencer looks like some sort of "Punisher".

Nothing new actually DC as ripped of Marvel as much as Marvel has ripped of DC

Just because they have a gun doesn't make them like the Punisher christ guys

Silencer doesn't really feel like a ripoff of anyone. Her power already kind of sets her apart from Punisher and Black Widow.

You can't copyright a superpower, personality, or concept. It's a blatant lack of creativity, but it's totally legal.

Because this little faggot pops up in every somewhat comic related thread to go on about his "DC is doomed" trolling.

>how is that possible when they have a steady growth on the market share?
while user is a complete fool and wrong, what you've asked is absolutely possible.

if the market is shrinking and one person shrinks less their market share automatically grows.

I'm not speaking to the real sales numbers or DC/Marvel's positions. But just in technical terms that's not only possible but literally exactly what one would expect.

enough of the "it's one person" shit. People have been saying shit like that for years. You're a newfag if you think ANYTHING you see posted that much is one person. Company shills in storytimes make the same claims constantly.

do you even realise that virtually every single marvel mainline character is ripped off DC or smaller comics companies that they just took over

No, DC is just as allowed to do this as Marvel is allowed to do Hyperion, Nighthawk and the rest of the Squadron Supreme.

>joke
Not really. The Squadron Supreme is played straight most of the time.

>company shills

are you implying DC didn't do the same?

>but surely actually producing more comics and profiting off certain ideas is illegal

Then Marvel should have been sued to oblivion decades ago. Besides just enouh about each of these new characters is different to not be a rip off in the eyes of the law

It's not even DC's Earth-7 and Earth-8.

Red Lion just seems like Priest's fuck you to Marvel after they kept giving him black characters to write

>Silencer looks like some sort of "Punisher".

But isn't AT ALL. She's a former "League of Assassins" member when quit and started a family in the suburbs. The gimmick is that her old enemies found her and now she has to deal with all the shit from her assassin days coming back after her.

Damage is the one that comes the closest by far, the rest are just "analogues". Except for Silencer. That appears to be semi-original.

If marvel can't do their own characters properly, DC will have a go, I'd rather they do something so I can get my FF fix as Marvel aren't going to do it anytime soon, let alone well

Pretty sure most of those artists are just there for the first few issues. And Morrison is going to be co-writing sideways after a few issues so I don't really care, as long as they're good I suppose

Seriously Sup Forums is so retarded. There are some like Damage, Sideways, and Terrifics who are blatant parallels to Marvel characters. But Silencer, Immortal Men, and Unexpected aren’t as blatant. Like one dumbass tried to claim the Immortal Men = X-Men because they both take place at a school which is the stupidest fucking thing I’ve ever heard.

>Damage, Sideways, and Terrifics who are blatant parallels to Marvel characters
And even those aren't exact copies.

How fucking new are you? We just had a Squadron Supreme ongoing from Marvel last year.

Is this the Damage from the 90s or a new character?

Different Damage. He's a Not-Hulk soldier with a 1 hour time limit. He just got done kicking The Suicide Squad's ass, consisting of Parasite, Deadshot, Harley, Solomon Grundy, Giganta, and some other guy I can't remember

So he's got a 90s character's name and a 40s character's power set?

until the inevitable "we found a way for him to control the length of time" asspull, yes. likely it will be because he makes terms with the beast inside him, like we've seen thousands of times before in shit from fucking Naruto to fucking symbiote stories.

I like how Marvel have been riping off dc characters for decades and now that DC does it every marvel fag is seriously pissed with it.

>He's a Not-Hulk soldier with a 1 hour time limit.
Red Hulk? Is that you?

Because when marvel does it they do it better

For example not a single person will ever recognize this as a Wonder Woman thing anymore

You didn't post a Marvel character done better, and you're using capeshit as an example. Fuck off back to Sup Forums. Marvel still can't make Carol work, their resident "Wonder Woman"

>push this entire line to hell and back
>make a big deal of the artists being important
>most of the artists leave after 3 issues
>Lee leaves after just 1
>sales are still shit and they expected sales to be shit

Terrifics is the only book that will last and I can forsee maybe only Sideways popping up elsewhere if only because Didio is his creator.

Brimstone seems like some sort of Ghost Rider

Nu-Hyperion has been one of the best Marvel characters in a while.

Him and Thor are super bros.

Marvel is doing shit comics that people don't want, so DC wants to steal some of their readers.

If Silencer was released on its own that would be a fair point, but alongside stuff like the Terrifics its pretty clear BW is a direct inspiration.