All the invading aliens are conveniently killed off using an impossibly convenient dues ex...

>all the invading aliens are conveniently killed off using an impossibly convenient dues ex, removing any chance for surviving invaders to be recurring enemies on MCU movies or tv shows
I fucking hate this movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yGsHq-mZI8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It does bug me how there is literally no explanation for what the Chitari are. They just appear with no explanation. And what's worse is that we probably will never know.

Wait, scratch that. If Avengers 4 is about going back in time to the first Avengers, maybe they will be explained then.

Name a cartoon or movie series that had plots about mooks left over from the antagonists' defeat. I'm genuinely interested.

daily reminder that Age of Ultron was a better movie than The Avengers

Fuck no, it somehow managed to be even worse.

>the bad guys just straight up die when the mothership/queen/whatever is destroyed

Why does this happen? The bad guys routing makes infinitely more sense and doesn't instantaneously remove as tension.

Were they not disposable war drones for Thanos?

We know that, but it's kind of thrown in there to an average movie goer. I mean, why did they all fall down in the end? Are they some form of robotic corpses?

Yeah, that’s whats implied. Usually when you take down whatever is controlling a hive mind the drones fall. It’s pretty basic

Why the hell would you have "recurring mook alien enemies" when you have a shitload of enemies that you can adapt in new movies?

There are multiple comics, the chiautauri had their chance, now lets move to other characters, this is part of the reason for why they always kill the bad guy in super hero movies.

Open space for new vilains without loose plotlines.

cartoon: Robotech season 2 had the giant Zentradis living with humans.

movie: Independence Day 2: We Couldn't Get Will Smith

They showed emotion and autonomy, such as that scene where they were cackling and about to bomb all those civilians. The whole dying all at once bit seemed like a cheap cop out to make it seem the avengers victory was complete that easily, it killed the chance for many other interesting street level stories with like netflix daredevil and even spiderman, and it felt strangely lifted fron the fucking droid control ship subplot of TPM.

Its cheap and limits possibilities for recurring villains, i hate the idea that almost every good villain has to die. And honestly, seeing chitaurai assimilate into gangs for other super villains somewhat like district 9 couldve been really interesting.

Daily reminder that Captain America: Civil War is the best Avengers movie... and it doesn't even have "Avengers" in the title.

Civil war was mostly bad too. You seriously think
>maybe ill do that trick from that really old movie
Was good writing?

Let's be honest, the Avengers was a TV pilot.

Characters, particularly villains, are never a one and done deal. Movies still seem to think villains should change like we change clothes each day. There are plenty more possibilities for Chitauri if you have the intelligence to write them interestingly.

>Its cheap and limits possibilities for recurring villains

Thats the issue. WHY WOULD YOU HAVE THEM?

This is not a comic, a tv show or a cartoon. You have 2:30 hours to tell a story, why focus on the same member of the rogue gallery, when each hero has 20 or so thata can be used and never were adapted? And how is it cheap? Reusing the same stuff sounds cheaper.

>And honestly, seeing chitaurai assimilate into gangs for other super villains somewhat like district 9 couldve been really interesting.
Pic related

Chiautauri fucking walking around in the USA makes less sense than the following vilains using weaponary based on their tech.

Still better than...
>There are no strings on me.

Civil War was great, and yet people seem to judge it solely from parts of that Airport fight. And yeah, that is in character for Peter Parker, a character who's been littered with pop culture references since the 60's.

Ultron writting is way more solid and complete than avengers 1

Joss Whedon said that this was of a number of things that he wanted to change from the existing tropes. Like only night time battles. But the Avengers victory needed to feel like a full and complete victory.

And it would be the same end result anyway. The Avengers, police and national guard exterminate the remaining Chiturai.

Civil War is great until Spidertwink shows up and the tone of the movie is changed entirely to fit Spidey.

It felt like I was watching a Spiderman movie with Cap guest starring.

>it killed the chance for many other interesting street level stories with like netflix daredevil and even spiderman,

You don't really think that was going to happen do you. None of the shows have ever really dealt with the fallout of any of the movies. Except AoS and they're awful. They don't have the budget or time to do it properly. At best you get exposition for Dethlok being part Chitari tech instead of...oh wait that's right, that's pretty much exactly what they did.

Theyd be living and terrorizing the ghettos or sewers of new york, and being goons for villains anyways. And yes, characters like klaw and crossbones and even red skull shouldve been kept alive for future movies.
>Joss Whedon said that this was of a number of things that he wanted to change from the existing tropes. Like only night time battles. But the Avengers victory needed to feel like a full and complete victory.
And as a result it felt like a rushed and badly written ending
>duhh im a great writer just because i do the opposite of established tropes even if theyre better then what i write
Fuck this fat cuck, im glad his careers in the shitter now. The man has and always will be a fucking hack.
CW was better then age, but thats not saying much. Honestly im pissed we didnt get to explore more of ultrons growth and motivations.

>You don't really think that was going to happen do you.
No, but thats what they shouldve done. It just proves more that the MCU is overrated, most of it is horrible anyways. Also, they shouldve got guys in suits to play the chitauri instead of making everything fucking CG now.

How come superheroes are willing to kill intelligent aliens and sentient robots, but draw the line with evil humans? I don't understand this line of thought. Seem...I don't know, what is the word....bias.

Yo i hear you like bucky im gonna make an entire movie based around hime :^D

>It felt like I was watching a Spiderman movie with Cap guest starring.
why are the complaints lobbed at CW almost always retarded

They kill evil humans all the time
And those intelligent aliens and sentient robots are WAY too dangerous to just not kill

Spider man was bad in it. CW is not nearly one of the worst marvel films, but its very mediocre. My biggest letdowns are that crossbones died so early and zemo didnt wear his suit.

It frustrates me too, i understand MCU films because no one really has a no kill rule, but with characters like batman that shouldnt happen.

Then why am I still around bucko!

Not the MCU. Did you miss Cap breaking the backs of goons off a ship with kicks. Or Iron Man gunning down enhanced veterans or terrorists. Or Thor with Frost Giants.

I know vegetarians that kill bugs. A part of morality is what you accept as right and wrong, I would say it's almost inherently biased. Why is killing wrong...unless you're at war? And I don't mean being attacked or self defense. Killing is just acceptable if you're a soldier in war whether your side is the aggressor or not? And it's largely based around our concept of morality,

Killing is wrong...IF
>It's a human
>During a time of peace
>Or their actions don't directly affect your immediate safety or the safety of others.

Other than that, kill away.

>My biggest letdowns are that crossbones died so early and zemo didnt wear his suit.

But Zemo is alive so has a chance to wear it at some future point. Look at the bright side, user. I mean this thread is primarily about killing off characters or things that could grow into something later and that's exactly what they did with Zemo.

>Theyd be living and terrorizing the ghettos or sewers of new york

Thats the issue, it would be fucking easy to find enormous aliens walking around in the sewers. And it makes no sense for them to follow random vilains around.

SOME characters like Red Skull can work well for future movies, not most.

user, you are an autist with highly speciphics complains.

>even red skull shouldve been kept alive for future movies.

Red Skull was kept alive, He just got teleported somewhere else. And they never used him again leading people to think he was dead, forget about him all together or accept the avengers cartoons explanation of what happened to him. Abomination, kept alive but never used again and maybe get's one or to mentions as being locked up since. But that's the thing with movies, when you hire an actor you have to work with or around their schedule or contract. So when they are filming something else, or just no longer interested in the project you have to come up with a fix for it when the time comes. Or if they're not essential to the overall story or future stories you just kill them off and be done with the character.

Yeah, i was really glad they kept him alive. So youre right their
>Thats the issue, it would be fucking easy to find enormous aliens walking around in the sewers. And it makes no sense for them to follow random vilains around.
And yet all that giant tech and lasers didnt get rounded up, and chitaurai are the size of normal people
Again, im still fucking mad they cut abomination from the AOU opening scene.

He was talked about in AoS. Didn't know he was supposed to be in AoU.

Why would we want to see the Chituari (sp?) as recurring villains? What is there to be gained, story-wise? Nothing. They had zero personality. Avengers had plenty of fallout, most prominently seen in Spider-man Homecoming. This is a strange criticism. it was convenient for the plot in the movie, but I understood that we didn't need another scene with the Avengers fighting those guys.

>it was convenient for the plot in the movie
It felt too convenient to the point that it was bad writing. That was my big complaint. I was just saying all the ways they couldve used them as standard mooks or even individual enemies for other movies or shows

There's no way the Avengers would have been able to stop all those aliens without an off button.

Yes they would have. It would have just taken a while.

Why is Marvel so deadset on killing off all their villains after one appearance?
>inB4 Vulture, Thanos and Loki
Loki is basically an anti-hero now that no one remembers all the innocent people he killed, Thanos was always the overarching villain and ooh Vulture, I'm quaking in my boots.

Abomination, Leader, Crossbones, Klaw, Zola, Justin Hammer, Nebula, the Grandmaster, Zemo, Dormammu, Shocker, Ayesha, Scorpion, and Red Skull were all left alive at the end of the movie they first appeared in.

What do you think happened to all those HYDRA agents around the world thr avengers hunted in between Winter Soldier and AoU?

>Again, im still fucking mad they cut abomination from the AOU opening scene.
He was supposed to appeared in AoU? What would they have had him do?

>Spider man was bad in it
Why? He was just being Spider-Man

Every single time I see this kind of thread it's the exact same goddamn thing

youtube.com/watch?v=yGsHq-mZI8U

You people don't know what you want, you never know what you want, so what's the point?

lol

I think we was going to be recruited by Ultron.

Fress alien corpses to fuck

Never understood this mentality, it's a story presented in a movie format, you have a limited amount of time to present your characters, the story, and setting to the audience in a format that's easily digestible. This isn't comics where you can dick around with the same asshole for decades simply because they're just ink on a page, contracts expire, actors retire, and moreover, people fucking age, they can die or get too injured, and their lives move on from acting like a supervillain for a couple of months out of a year. The movie-going audience is also generally more comfortable with actual closure than "That nuclear bomb didn't actually kill me, so I'm back again for some reason." you see in comics either.