/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Hugbox Edition: Good Vibes and Positive Waves Only

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E10/11: "Wolves and a Door/A World Between Worlds" (Mon 26)
Darth Vader #12: The Rule of Five (Wed 28)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: Jedi Night & DUME
youtube.com/watch?v=gapXiLIYifI

>Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

>Solo: A Star Wars Story TV Spot
youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SKN55AHIxoM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like this thread
We don't need hats to be equal here

The ladt jedi was better than the OT Cry more.

I just want to say, I am thankful for /swco/. Not only are you guys the best place to discuss Star Wars, but you're also the only place worthwhile on the entirety of Sup Forums.

BIG

Recommend some Anakin Skywalker novels/comics. I want to know more about him.

INTOXICATED

Are big hats and subsequent Krennic bullying one of the top 5 /swco/ memes of all time?

>do you know where you are?
I appreciate the attempt, though.

>can't even spell right when he baits

Ezra will fight the Emperor in the final episode and win, but instead of killing him, he'll let him live and say "This is not how WE do things. We win by protecting the ones we love, not killing the ones we hate." Then he segways out into exile, wearing a lothwold costume all day long.

Who is your favorite Star Wars character and what do you love about them?

HATS

No but self-felating is though.

>Scenes that never happen

There are too many good characters to call my favorite but I have to say Ahsoka, in particular, older Rebels Ahsoka, is my ultimate waifu.

/swco/ why did you already forget him?

Who?

He was a character who lacked vision.

The one I love the most has sort-of an air of mystery about her, like you can never really understand what she is exactly. It's a drawing force that makes me want to sit down and try to truly try to figure her out. Plus she has one of the most beautiful and distinct voices Catherine Taber has ever done, and I would love to hear her more in the future.

THIS THREAD IS FOR KINDNESS AND FRIENDLY ATTITUDES ONLY

>The lad jedi
>Kingsman: A Star Wars Story

Any of the cute dickgirls like Ahsoka, Barriss or Hera

Drawing a blank here, my guy

How long until Ryder tries to sleep with Hera?

Kingsman one was fucking fantastic
Kingsman 2 was ruined by studio interference

Has Dave or Filoni ever hinted at who that mystery man might be?

You'll stop loving her once you know what she is. You'll break her heart.

Pretty sure that's Rex. I don't know who else it could be.

>Kingsman 2 was ruined by studio interference

I'm curious. What did they do?

Unironically would watch the fuck out of it Even though its rey

youtube.com/watch?v=SKN55AHIxoM
TL;DR the studio did what it has done in every single sequel in trying to make it the same as the first one, sacrificing any good ideas the director had. This video is a good kind of autism, if you can get through it Personally I prefer longform content like this

What is she holding /swco/?
It's not your hand.

I'm sorry user but your ship has sunk

Why wasn't the stuff about Rey and the Cosmic Force and all the stuff about Snoke in the fucking movie?

What stuff?

The movie's already long as fuck, and normies came to see explosions and pewpew not technobabble & force magic.

It's actually kind of amazing how much better /swco/ is than other places. I've only looked at a few, but despite all the shitposting and Sup Forumsourists here, this place consistently has good discussion about SW, involving people who are actually informed about the topics.
There's a few shit threads here and there but overall its impressive

Is there any fanart of old ahsoka with TCW ahsoka's face?

There was barely any explosions or pew pew in the movie anyway

Most people here only know about the current comics and books. The fact that most of /swco/ sided against Shieldgate user shows that a lot of them no nothing about Star Wars outside of nu-canon

>about the current comics and books.
Implying anything else matters

>2 dickgirls cuddling
Cute.

Imagine feeling alienated from your parents, feeling that they see you as a monster your entire life. Imagine them not knowing what to do with you and sending you to your uncle, then having a dark voice whisper in your ear, "they think you're worthless, but I don't."
We all remember how much it sucked being sent away on our first day of school. But for Ben, his parents never came back for him, and a wrinkled creepy man keeps trying to convince him to let go of that last thread of hope that they will. Any semblance of that hope is destroyed when Luke tries to kill him, and so he goes chasing after the last of his family that may love him, Vader. this is ben solo in a nutshell

>novels
ROTS by Stover is a must read if you want to get into Anakin's head (PT novels in general are good and worth the read).

Labyrinth of Evil is good if you want some bros time with Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Rouge Planet is fun if you want a story of young Anakin.

Outbound Flight has interesting story that include padawan Anakin.

Clone Wars books by Miller are fun if you want to read about Anakin's relationship with Obi-Wan/Padme.

Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader if you want see events from his POV.

Tarkin for Vader/Tarkin "broing".

Lords of the Sith for creepy look at Vader/Sidious relationship.

And upcoming Thrawn novel in July if you want Anakin/Thrawn adventure in the unknown regions and Vader/Thrawn team up.

Since when does Barriss have a dick?
Not that I'm complaining.

>this is ben solo in a nutshell

>It's actually kind of amazing how much better /swco/ is than other places

Other places like force.net, cantina.com etc are heavily moderated and full of Disney shills who care more about Rey getting blacked than the consistency of the story. Plus a very strong sense of forced politeness. I'll take shitposters over sensitive nannies.

that's stupid.

Too bad none of that was in any of the movies. Instead he was shown with loving parents, and anger based on waking up to a single frightening moment while away at camp.

Never. The only dickgirls in Star Wars are the OCs you make in your fanfics to have sex with canon characters.

This is why I unironically like Kylo Ren

Like that pasta made him sympathetic either.

This is incredibly stupid even if it's true which it isn't.

naw its not retard kun

not getting that the novel is canon

>not knowing the novel leaks
wew stupid user

he never existed

And nothing of value was lost.

There are plenty of canon dickgirls.

>People thinking the novels make up for the train-wrecks of the films.

We get none of that backstory in the films so it doesn't matter in accordance to TFA or TLJ discussion.

>TLJ needs a book to make sense
You know that your arguments aren't helping the film. Also Kylo still has no excuse for his evil. He is a irredeemable faggot after TLJ and I hope Rey guts him with Anakin's Lightsaber for extra Pottery.

Dear god! Time is being overwritten to erase people from existence

Who never existed?

fuck off and die

go back to Sup Forums
we care about extended canon. You're literally in a thread for COMICS AND CARTOONS, you know, THE EXTENDED CANON

No, you will die.

Who never existed?

I think some of the scenes in Jedi Night is the closest we're gonna get to Jedi Outcast in the Nucanon

I'm in a thread for movies.
What are you talking about?

I'm not even memeing, but where in the canon lore does it describe a planetary defense shield being able to stop the Death Star's beam?

I think you have the wrong thread
And probably wrong board

It's not just that it isn't in the movie, the movie clearly depicts something different than the novel defenders are claiming.

delete

>I hope Rey guts him with Anakin's Lightsaber for extra Pottery
It will definitely redeem Rey if she did that.

Tv stop no it doesn't

No the the Death Star was made to punch right through and oneshot a planet through its planetary shields.

We just had this discussion in the last thread
Star Wars is a multi media empire, the story spans all forms of media
However you shouldn't have to read a separate book to understand important plot points that the movie should have included, the books should be additional information, not crucial information.

Where in the ST is it shown that Leia and Han were bad parents or Luke was a terrible Uncle?

>the books should be additional information, not crucial information.
How are you going to keep normies out that way?

Bloodline

This. Neither the PT nor the OT supplemental material was needed for their films to make sense.

I'm gonna repost this for good measure
>You could read Shadows of the empire to understand where princess leia got the thermal detonator she used to threated Jabba but that's not important to the plot, all that matters is that she has one
>But according to > the first order was a backup plan in case the empire collapsed and not just a version of the imperial remnant which changes where they got their funding and why they are so power full which are two questions people keep asking and they only way you can learn that is by reading a specific book

It actually show quite the opposite since they both tried to save after everything he has done.

That's a fucking book not the film. Don't you follow reply chains? The audience should not have to read a novel for a film to make sense plain and simple.

>EZRA BRIDGER...MINE AT LAST

after they fucked up

Who ordered the Clones was only explained in TCW
That was a pretty important thing relegated to the EU

>she hated his hair

Didn't Pablo even confirmed that Ben had a loving family?

>retard kun too stupid to read books
wew sad