Which Ed had the shittiest life?

Which Ed had the shittiest life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOG1fJ55VOc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably Ed. His sister is a fucking cunt.

Hm... Neglectful parents
Neglectful Parents with a cunt for a little sister
or Neglectful Parents with an overly abusive older brother.

I dont really know to tell the truth, I guess maybe Eddy?

I don’t think Edd was ever show. To have neglectful parents.

They raise him with sticky notes

They leave him sticky notes to help him be responsible, and for the most part it's worked.

Edd was a latchkey kid. His parents were never home. There were hints of other Eds's parents being home at one time or another, but Edd's were seemingly never home at all.

Yeah I'd say Eddy. All three of them have neglectful parents, so that's a non-factor. There's a solid chance that Eddy's brother's abusive tendencies might be a result of being abused himself, so Eddy's parents might be even worse than the other eds'.

>but Edd's were seemingly never home at all.
They always tell stories for him before sleeping and have all of a routine for it.

Its probably the only moment that they meet, and they try to make it special.

Eddy's father is a car salesman and it's implied that he was a terrible role model and encouraged Eddy's behaviour. It's telling that even when Eddy has a genuinely good idea for making money he still calls it a scam because scamming and lying is the only way he was taught to get ahead in life.
His mom seemed fairly normal though.

As another user noted, those were just to keep him coordinated with chores or help they needed done while they were away. After all there was the bit about the warm milk and tucking in and all that Eddy was revulsed by, so they'd obviously have to be there to do that, he couldn't do it himself.

Thing is Ed's parents are actually implied to be abusive not assumed.
The father lets the mother and Sarah run the house how they like, which involves putting Ed in the basement where whatever becomes of him and his hygiene are ignored. Shit, then there's the implausible stairs removal, which gag aside implies they will attempt to lock him down there if angry enough. Thank god for the other Eds. Hell Ed's clingyness to them and tolerance of their own jests at his expense sort of says something, whenever Double D or Eddy are provoked they'll pout if not leave but Ed will usually just puts up with it.
Then there's the note on the wiki from the staff itself how Ed's mother goes to therapy over her son, likely among other things. She likely is not a happy woman.

As for Eddy, he's fairly content in his house, his abusive brother is the one who no longer lives with them and even had his room walled off almost as if to suggest his return is not welcome, Eddy's room is nice and his parents even hired a babysitter when they were gone, of course their good intentions backfired for him but that's not their fault entirely.
I can only really agree on the possibility that while his brother lived with them he was probably abused more than the other Eds, but I can't gauge how much his parents knew about that while it was going on.

I thought it was implied that Eddy's brother was kicked out for the abuse. And not to mention his room was literally sealed.

Ed's parents literally removed his stairs.

Also the fact they apparently give him wedgies when his grades are low.

>Thing is Ed's parents are actually implied to be abusive
No kidding
>*Jimmy Screams*
>Edd: "Oh no, a screech of terror"
>Ed: "Dad's home!"

Ed's life is prettty shit, his parents lock him in a basement with piss poor sanitary conditions, his siter is a bitch because she can and mommy's favourite, his parent just sits there and watches TV, but he is too dumb to notice how bad his family is
Edd's parents are obviously neglectful, but that's it

So the award goes to Eddy, who got phisicaly abused by his brother and father,

>"Do mom and dad know you're here?"
>"ANYONE know you're here?"

Holy Shit, Eddys Brother is probably legally not even allowed to be near him.

Jesus Christ

I wonder how Ed would react to his family if he had a pebble in his shoe

I always thought that Edd was the richest because he had the best house and best bedroom

fear
then sending him away to a foster home or asylum

His parents were able to afford all those expensive chemicals for him, they were probably at least middle class

The one who lives in the basement with the filth and is scared of his parents above everything else. see

Here's more:

For Your Ed Only
[Eddy grabs the book away from Edd.]
Eddy: "At last, my revenge!" [He laughs evilly.]
Sarah: [offscreen] "What the heck are you talking about, Jimmy?"
[Sarah and Jimmy are coming up the stairs.]
Jimmy: "Tai Chi, Sarah. The art of relaxation. Everybody's doing it."
Ed: "It's Sarah! We are so doomed. Help me guys! She'll tell Mom and Mom will tell Dad and he'll say 'Not now I just got home from work.' I'm not in my happy place Eddy!"

Cool Hand Ed
Eddy: [whispering] "Okay. Here's what we're gonna do. When the teacher turns around–" [he looks from side to side] "–we make a run for it!"
Edd: [normally] "You can't be serious!"
[Eddy crams his hands over Edd's mouth.]
Eddy: "Ssh!"
Edd: [whispering] "There are severe consequences to–" [quieter] "–skipping school."
Ed: "Yeah, Eddy." [getting louder, unaware that Jonny is passing by and hearing him] "The school will tell Sarah, and Sarah will tell Mom, and Mom will tell Dad, and DAD WILL JUST SIT THERE AND WATCH TV!" [Eddy clamps Ed's mouth shut.]

It's another gag thing, but I just considered if Ed and Sarah get their unnatural strength from their old man and how even when Ed's not trying he can do serious harm.
If Ed and Sarah mind themselves around their dad he must not be human.

>Eddy's father is a car salesman
source? Ive always wondered what their parents did

The balloon episode, when Eddy sells Kevin a bike, he mentions he did everything his dad does. So Eddy's dad is definitely a salesman, and I assume it's cars because Eddy was talking like a stereotypical car salesman.

Ed literally goes around smelling like shit and keeping moldy food in his pockets. At least the other two had their basic needs met.

I guess Ed. He lives in the basement among filth and mold, his sister is a manipulative little cunt, with his parents implied to be absent or just neglectful of him.
Looks like he's basically mentally handicapped and his parents just can't deal with it, but he isn't so much that it really shows. He just passes for another stupid teen.

Quality post.

Is this an EEnE thread, or a feels thread?

Why can’t it be both?

Yes.

Probably Ed. It was implied that his father was physically abusive.

He does have the suit for it

I always thought that Ed had some sort of ADD. His parents, rather than looking for counciling or medication for him just heard “disorder” and gave up on him. So they groom their second born despite the fact that she’s a rotten brat.

>Kid at school tells me Edd is girl like Freddy Fish and Blue from Blue’s clues
>believe him because I was still thrown off by the other two
>don’t find that Edd is actually a dude until last year

I always wondered why Kevin was such a dick to him when you’re not supposed to be mean to girls.

Which might just backfire as Ed is surprisingly creative and industrious when properly motivated or can keep his attention on a singular thing for a given amount of time. Sarah will just grow up to be a bitch spiteful at everyone and everything for not showering unbridled praise and attention at her.

>ADD
Huh you're probably right, it maybe was meant to be just a quirk of his character since he was generally absent minded or thinking about something else that interested him, but now that I think about it I do recall several episodes where Eddy has to tell Ed to sit still and focus just for simple tasks.

Some of those Kanker and Sarah episodes must have been an interesting time for you.

I really hate the person that started that retarded rumor. You have no Idea how many arguments I got into in 2nd grade (2002) telling them they were wrong.

Fuck, I never realized how fucked the show was. I recently watched the ending to the movie for the first time since I was a kid and everything started sinking in.

I just always believed that they thought “she” was a boy in the way Elmer always went after Bugs when he was crossdressing.

>Ed
He physically gets the shit beaten out of him by his little sister with no repercussion on her part, and he is often punished for things he most likely didn't do. His mom seems biased against him and holds him to a higher standard than she should. She always takes Sarah's word over his. It's likely that she's got unresolved issues of her own. Sarah even specifically goes "I'M TELLING MOM!", showing the favoritism, and he pleads "No, don't tell Mom!" His dad seems sort of apathetic to his family in general and probably doesn't care how his wife raises their kids (AND DAD WILL JUST SIT THERE AND WATCH TV! AND DAD WILL SAY "NOT NOW, I JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK!"), which is what gives Ed's mom and Sarah so much authority in the house.

>Eddy
His home life isn't brought up as much, but when it is it's either him getting in trouble with his parents or dropping a subtle hint that he's scared of his brother. We know that his brother physically abused him, which gave him a lot of emotional baggage. I think it's likely that his parents don't have a good relationship with their older son (Do Mom and Dad know you're here?) and are attempting to preemptively prevent Eddy from turning out like his brother by taking the effort to iron him out whenever he slightly acts up. He's probably treated a lot better than Ed is by his mom as long as he's not getting in trouble, which isn't often thanks to his personality.

>Double D
A lot of people get the impression that he is somehow neglected by his parents, that they're never home and only ever talk to him via sticky notes. This is disproved by the show itself in the episode with the fake notes, where he decides to move in with Eddy. He's got a bedtime routine which demonstrates that his mom and dad spend like an hour every night tucking him in. In one of the school episodes (A Fistful of Ed?), his mom packs him a special lunch to cheer him up. It's not that they don't ever spend time with him, it's more that they don't take his feelings into consideration when making decisions. You can see this in the episode where he goes crazy without a shower, where he bemoans that they didn't even bother to tell him before renovating the house and destroying his bathroom despite ostensibly knowing about his hygiene habits, that he would want a shower first thing in the morning. They take his helpful nature for granted by asking him to do all the chores around the house, not considering that he's a 12 year old boy and might want to go and hang out with his friends before like 4:00.

youtube.com/watch?v=iOG1fJ55VOc

>9111

Not to mention in Mission Ed-Possible one of Ed’s teachers explicitly states that he has trouble concentrating.

Double D is more or less fine with his home life, but he's stuck with some shitty nakama. He could easily be friends with the other kids but he's sticks to those two who drag him down.

He's got no social skills, he doesn't know how to talk to people. The other kids would be making fun of him behind his back. He can be himself around Ed and Eddy, they'll tolerate him. Aside from that Eddy's various enterprises make him feel responsible and in control of something, which is important to him.

It's between Eddy and Ed.

Which would you rather have Sup Forums?

>Little sister always yelling and screaming, threatening to tell Mom about anything you do that she hates.

>Big Brother that's better than you at everything, is an abusive bully and everybody sees you as just the shadow of a guy that isn't even around.

I'm already living worst of both worlds user.

Eddy by far
>Big bully brother is gone and it's implied he is not welcome back
>Pretty sweet room
>Somewhat caring parents