I wanna start buying Disney movies on DVD/Bluray, which Blurays should I avoid? Pic related

I wanna start buying Disney movies on DVD/Bluray, which Blurays should I avoid? Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20070325023005/http://www.awn.com/mag/issue3.12/3.12pages/amididvnr.php3
originaltrilogy.com/topic/Recommended-Editions-of-Disney-Animated-and-Partially-Animated-Features/id/15617
youtube.com/watch?v=8H-cB-l3O-4
youtube.com/watch?v=MAWE0Kjn8ac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Removing film grain will always look ugly.

Why would you even want to remove it?

how did they look at this and think it's acceptable to put on the market? my fucking vhs copy looked better than that

So it looks flawless

>Goof Troop, 101 Dalmatians the Series are in remastered HD, look gorgeous
>Classic Disney Movies are upscaled, faux-HD garbage
Do they not have masters available for their old movies or something? I get it for the REALLY old films, but they don't have good masters of anything from the 60s-80s?

There is no "good" version of The Sword in the Stone.

Dear god, it's hideous and should get dropped on /x/.

What the fuck even happened to make it look so hideously blurry? Did the editor decided to put some blur effect over it or something?

It almost looks like they processed each frame with waifu2x or some other upscaler.

Probably used a smudge tool.

I think they spammed the Median effect.

Even I could do better than that and I barely fucking use photoshop anymore

don't buy any they'll all be available for a few years with the introductory price on the disney streaming service in 2020 before they start to periodize what movies are available without specific purchase on the service.

DVNR. It's awful, but by no means new.

web.archive.org/web/20070325023005/http://www.awn.com/mag/issue3.12/3.12pages/amididvnr.php3

UNCONTAINED INSTANCE OF SCP-7366 DETECTED, SENDING IN MOBILE TASK FORCE RHO-6

Considering every few years they will rerelease bluray versions of some movies to to "new technology" to "improve" films I would look up comparison videos or reviews by movie spergs to choose which one to get or avoid.
Some will keep the movie intact by actually make it more visually better others over do it and make a fucking mess.

checked

>that bluray

I thought this picture was a joke

>Cropping so the ratio fits.
Someone was paid to do this.

When ever I go to /vg/ and see a filtered screenshot does something to my brain.
Then I get irrationally angry because someone actually thinks it's okay to play a game like that.
The same thing is happening with these screenshots. Someone thought it was okay to ruin a cartoon with blurry smudges.

This is one of the reasons I pirate shit.

We had 4:3 TVs, and they cropped the sides. We have 16:9 TVs, and they crop the top and bottom.

The movie industry needs an "Original Aspect Ratio" logo or badge we can use to identify this shit.

Yeah filtered screenshots are dumb. That said I won't fault someone for playing with them on. Sometimes I turn on deinterlace for old DVDs. It's not the original content but it's a lot easier on my eyes.

>with waifu2x
waifu2x is far better than that shitty blur though

It's a travesty, I tell you.

>Let's fuck with the original thing

I've read that before. It's a shame not every animated work can go through the DRS process because of money or whatever.

I remember when Battlestar Galactica ADDED film grain to its BluRay release and people thought it was an error.

originaltrilogy.com/topic/Recommended-Editions-of-Disney-Animated-and-Partially-Animated-Features/id/15617

This one always sends me into a rage, like I'm legitimately angry. I don't even particularly like the film but the fact that anyone could have had the balls to release something that atrocious is offensive.

>Sometimes I turn on deinterlace for old DVDs.
Assuming you're not joking, you're supposed to do this.

Fuck DVDS. And fuck companies who make certain parts of their DVDs unskippable no matter what button you push.

>he doesn't buy Special Editions of his favorite films for the additional hours of bonus features and commentaries
t. Today's Mixed-up Teens (pic related)

>for the additional hours of bonus features and commentaries
Never cared about that stuff, honestly.

I love it, especially for shows like the Simpsons. Even Futurama and Family Guy's commentaries are interesting, it's like podcasts. You get to hear about stuff writers hate and also get to hear Seth MacFarlane whining about dumb shit like this youtube.com/watch?v=8H-cB-l3O-4

Also this gem from the Simpsons. youtube.com/watch?v=MAWE0Kjn8ac

Very unprofessional, he didn't even bother doing the dogs

actually the directors cut of natural born killers is totally worth a watch.

Did she use the brush in Paint to edit the faces?

Grain is actually pretty clever trick to make things appear sharper.
Which sounds stupid but it actually hides a lot of of the blurry parts of an image and gives it a detailed look.

The only commentary that I ever listed to was to the 3 Jackass movies and that's because they all just sit next to each other, watching the movies and are constantly talking shit and making fun about each other.

>tfw i have autism that any movie i watch i always has to watch or read some making of stuff of that movie

Fun fact: 16:9 was created as a means of a standardized compromise between the many aspect ratios of theatrical films (4:3, 1.85:1, 2.39:1, etc.). It was created as a way to maximize the amount of image seen on a single screen while maintaining a minimal amount of physical space.

So, naturally, people had to fuck it up.

16:10 really should be the PC monitor standard.
Still works well for watching movies but that extra vertical space is a godsend for any kind of work.

True, but 16:9 in an industry standard so it's here to stay.

I have two 16:10 monitors, though.

I gotta check it out.

I once had a dvd of Childs Play where it had the actor play Chucky in-character and comment on his kills. It was great.
Doesn't seem autistic to me. You just have an interest in the making.

As a remaster it's fucking garbage, but I'll be perfectly honest, on it's own? Like, if it were a new movie that looked like that from the beginning? I kinda dig it. It's kind of a cool style.