What do you think of Mark Millar's work?

I really enjoy his stuff ,though it is too R-Rated to put on film.
That part in the Ultimates
Captain America: Those Chitauri pilots just called you a sissy boy , Hulk. Are you going to take that!
Hulk: Hulk not sissy boy. HULK STRAGHT!
before he smashes the invading ships was really epic.
I hope they use it in infinity war.
Also
"Do you think this A stands for France" was a great quote too.

It varies. I liked Ultimates but I also know it doesn't really paint the Avengers in a good light. But it's an entertaining one!

Are you still mad user?

I like Millar when he's toned down, which he's capable of even without editorial influence. MPH and Starlight come to mind.

But Millar really missed the mark on his comments about DC being all about action and not character. Booster Gold for example wouldn't be nearly a fun character if he wasn't a cocky nitwit.

ultimate hulk best hulk

Mark Millar is Michael Bay if he didn't have ADD.

one of the worst writers still working in comics who keeps wasting some of the best artists in the industry on the most boring and unimaginative scripts imaginable

I think the problem is that Mark Millar was essentially a 2000's writer. The 2000's was all about being edgy and pushing buttons, and it's usually the same notes: "That's so gay", "Fuck yeah America", "Which celebrity can I fuck?", and most important "Them dying is funny"

>but I also know it doesn't really paint the Avengers in a good light
I don't think that is true besides Banner & Pym.
Cap is uptight and nationalistic but he is still a full on hero.
People talking shit that he is a racist is full of shit, he had a whole annual hanging out with Falcon rescuing black people from Zola that had flashbacks showing him being sympathetic to black soldiers who weren't allowed to come to the naval ball to see him.

They handle them like soldiers in a post 911 world, had they been blind followers maybe you could say it paints them in a bad light but Cap calls Fury out a good number of times (ultimate six being a big example)

I think Millar's mainly saying that to make his new stuff look more appealing, on the basis that they're new creations fitting in with today's world.

someone post that cap scene where he says that please

What was the Britney Spears rape

He's not racist (unless you go by Jason Aaron's take, to which I say, don't). He's just an asshole sometimes. Which is why I say it doesn't really paint him in a good light, but like I said, the book is entertaining when you get past that.

He's Garth Ennis without the ideological conviction and an even shittier sense of humor.

Knows how to build an interesting premise.
Knows how to let artists do what they do best.
Knows how to meet deadlines.
Clearly knows how to shmooze with Hollywood.

BUT

Doesn't know how to say no to his own ideas.
Doesn't know how to finish stories.
Doesn't know how to write anything but for the trade.

Other than Nemesis, I've never hated anything he's written, but I rarely love his work either. He's consistently mediocre, especially lately, and he's always carried but god-tier artists, who he obviously pays well, because they keep working with him. I've got no clue why everything he touches gets a movie, and he's probably the only example of a writer whose work is ALWAYS better when adapted for screen.

I think he's talking about the part in Wanted where Not-Deadshot's son Not-Eminem says that he "raped an a-list celebrity".

>he had a whole annual hanging out with Falcon rescuing black people from Zola
Millar didn't write that.

Otherwise, I agree. The only people who think Cap is racist are ones who haven't actually read the Ultimates and have only seen the "A doesn't stand for France" panel out of context. The next fucking issue has Cap talk about how it was just a dumb thing to say and that he doesn't hate the French.

>Cap is uptight and nationalistic but he is still a full on hero.

Nah dude he was an asshole. Pym was already regretful to the point of drinking after the shit that went down with him and Jan, and Cap came down on him and egged him on to go giant just because Cap's ego wouldn't be satisfied with knocking around regular sized Hank.

Tne fuck is that?

You know, it's pretty amazing that this line became as iconic as "No More Mutants"

Nash why you reposting your shitty tweets here dude. Go back to your reddit thread, faggot. No cares about how many likes you got.

twitter screencap threads should be autoban

When he's controlling himself Millar has a really good sense of pacing and he can write cool moments.

Unfortunately if no one reigns him in (which is often) he'll go full edge and it'll be rough.

Oh hi Mark

Oh fuck off.
1.) This was not a sudden random act, Betty said he cracked the roof of her mouth in college.
2.) This wasn't wife abuse, this was attempted fucking murder. He tried to have his ants EAT HER.

>and egged him on to go giant just because Cap's ego wouldn't be satisfied with knocking around regular sized Hank.
That is called giving him a fair chance and not punching down.

Which requires him pleading Hank to "go big" how? If he really wanted to just defend Janet's honor he didn't need to do that. Guy's just being a petty dick.

Jason Aaron's Ultimate Cap wasn't racist. It was also a great miniseries that did a lot for Cap's character.

Make all the threads you want it's never going to stop him from being right

he can get all the movie deals he wants but they'll never make him good

Millar knows he's just a concept guy writing first draft screenplays. He's pretty good at it too considering his track record. He's a one-man IP farm for Netflix now so he knows what he's talking about.

Well, that literal who is right. His movies are altered to hell and back.