So, the MCU Spider-Man is basically a sociopath, right?

So, the MCU Spider-Man is basically a sociopath, right?

No. Not at all.

No, just a bland character without story progression or character development

His entire character arc was realizing he didn't need Avenger hand outs to be Spider-Man

>without story progression or character development
Nigga what?

>basically a sociopath
What does he do that's even vaguely sociopathic?

The story leads him back to the begin without any change at all.

There is no difference beetwen Spiderman when meeting Tony to Spiderman after homecoming, his life is the same, his personality is the same his goals are the same, he's stagnated

>Spider-Man is stagnated, he remains the same
Welcome to Spider-Man, would you like some recommended reading?

He is just using words he listened in Sup Forums without knowing what it means.

i would

You’re retard, son. The whole point at the end was that he was able to come into his own as a hero without needing the help or the approval of Iron Man.

i liked that tho, he doesnt need tony’s support or avengers membership to do good, but rather he deserves it BECAUSE of his efforts to do good, its a nice change from how the comics always shit on him and make him look worse than he is in the cape community

I hope he gets raped.

Hi Skip.

He was being an independent hero even before Tony you fucking idiot, that's why I said "before meeting Tony"

There’s such a thing as internal changes dumbass.

There is no "internal changes" you dense motherfucker, Peter didn't changed shit from his first scene, he was already confident enough to fight crime as a superhero several times being "your friendly neighborhoof" this belief that "hes nothing without tony suit" was bullshit since he was doing fine without it and he was doing fine being a "small superhero" before being 'PRESSURED by Tony Stark to join his team on Civil War

But he was bored of helping out the little guy and wanted to do grander things. By the end he was more content to stay in NYC.

Explain.

This.

Peter saw what the Avengers were about and said "Nah, I'm good. I don't need that in my life yet. I think I'm just going to focus on being the friendly neighborhood Spider-man for now and help save the locals from the locals and the locals from themselves. I'm not sure I'm ready to take the lives of my enemies yet, like you guys."

Honestly, it was probably the most mature progression from starry-eyed teenager to budding young man with healthy priorities I've seen in a Spider-man film. "I don't need to ruin my life to become a hero. 'With great power comes great responsibility' doesn't mean I suddenly have to take on the weight of the world on my shoulders the first chance I get. I really just need to be there for the people around me." It didn't end with a "This is my gift, this is my curse" bullshit of the Raimi movies, or the Hollywood nonchalant approach to action movies of the Amazing films; this movie ended with a teenager just wanting to help his community become a better place.

Fuck you, I liked it. It was a nice message that the previous Spidey movies weren't really able to deliver in the context of their setting or themes. He's got plenty of time to grow to bigger things; he just doesn't need that in his life right this minute. He's ready for it, but that doesn't mean he needs to jump into the fray against terrorists and arms dealers just yet. He literally just wants to be the friendly neighborhood Spider-man at this point in his life and doesn't really need anything more than that.

No, he is a kid.