VERTIGO COMICS THREAD

Get in here, lads.

Which comic is better, Transmetropolitan or Preacher?

Why is Spider so perfect bros?

>MUH JOURNALISM

This story would hold more weight if journalism held any sense of worth today

That's exactly the opposite of what you should think.
Because he cares so much he just can't handle it.

Top 5 vertigo comics:
>Astro City
>Doom Patrol
>Saga of the Swamp-Thing (I know this originally came out under DC but I think it’s fair to class it as a Vertigo title now)
>Sandman
>Sheriff of Babylon

Is Shade, the changing man, any good? Never picked my attention until some user mentioned it in a thread weeks ago.

I like Ennis more than Ellis in general, but I like Transmetropolitan way more than Preacher.

it's supposed to hold weight because he actually cares about his job.
of course journalism irl is trash, that's why we have a fictional journalist who does the right thing in the end, you stupid fucker.

It's been awhile since i read it but I remember recommending it to anyone who wanted to get into Vertigo.

Any hopes for Vertigo to have a comeback one day or will creators just keep taking there ideas to Image ?

Warner Brothers seems to get first pick at adaption rights, so unless they change the contracts to give more power to the creators, they won't be competitive with Image.
It's good, but ran a little too long. DC didn't want to cancel it because it was one of the few titles under their new imprint, so Milligan kept writing it for another two years even though he was "done" at #50. It's never been properly collected though, so you would need to read it digitally via comixology or pirating, or track the singles down.

I'm poor so pirating is the only way for me to read good comics.
>"done" at #50
Something similar to Hellblazer then, though I dropped it near #100 I felt 300 issues was way too much.

Vertigo pretty much died when Berger left and Shelly Bond was let go. The editorial team that built that imprint and fostered relationships with talent for over 20 years is gone. It's just the place that WB forces it's exclusive contracts to do their creator owned projects now so they don't lose out on any movie money

It's not like Jaime S. Rich is going to convince the people he worked with at Dark Horse to leave their sweet gig for a worse deal.

>300 issues was way too much.
I think it's enjoyable into the low 200's, Mike Carey's run.

I like both, but seriously, it's not even a contest.

He truly was the most politician politician.

I’m reading through my first Vertigo series right now (Sandman) and I’m loving it. I’m excited to read more of this type of stuff, but I’ve been told modern Vertigo is kind of shit. How bad is it? Does the spirit of the original Vertigo survive under any of DC’s other imprints like Young Animal?

I only finished Hellblazer recently, having soft-dropped it somewhere around the episode where Constantine burst into flames during an S&M bacchanalia.

nigga why did I come back WHY DID I COME BAAAAAACK

>I’ve been told modern Vertigo is kind of shit. How bad is it
It doesn't really exist. Their last big push (of like four titles designed to be ongoings) from 2015 ended with everything cancelled at 18 issues or less. Since then, they have just been running 6-8 issue miniseries, with promises of second "seasons" if they do well enough.

>still waiting on Sheriff of Babylon season 2
King needs to stop writing fucking Batman, he's shit at it

who is this male super hero with the long hair?

please do not bully Kamala

>no Lucifer
Into the trash it goes.

im not just wonder who this male super hero is?
his name is kamala

this is a BULLY FREE ZONE and I'm going to have to ask you to leave

ok ok so sensitive about a terrible character

Transmetropolitan >> preacher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fables

I'm reading the 1993 Kid eternity run and It might be the most vertigo thing ever vertigo'd

The covers are fucking amazing though.

I want his glasses

Hopefully the relaunch will breathe some life into the imprint

I thought Fables was good up to 75

They are both shit. But Transmet is the good kind of shit.

I've really been enjoying Imaginary Fiends and Deathbed was surprisingly good too. I liked the clean room as well.

Anyone like the Vertigo Pop! Series?

You think vertigo will ever get another ongoing horror comic that DOESN'T get cut off too soon leading to rushed endings?

>Saying Young Romancers is higher than Fables
Look at the taste on this guy.

Wait Vertigo is relaunching ? What are the new titles coming out ?

I liked the London one, and liked the art in the Tokyo one (rip artist). I didn't care for the Bangkok one at all.

What would Spider do if he had to live in Mega City One instead of The City?

I have read Transmet about ten times now, beginning to end. The backgrounds are just so rich I keep finding new little gags with each reading. Preacher, though very good, didn't stick with me as well, and the art was the beginning of a descent into Frank.
I had a dream this morning that I fucked Kamala in the ass with such passion that she became addicted to anal.

You can read Kid Lobotomy for a modern "Vertigo" comic.

It's awesome. There's a trade for the first part out, buy it and maybe we'll get the second too.

Preacher has a TV show so read Transmet for more hipster cred

Are you guys legitimately retarded?
He's a fun character because he's a massive fucking hypocrite who thinks he's better than everyone else, even though he's even more guilty than most people of the same damn things he criticizes everyone else over.

>"lol these dumb sheeple are addicted to their dumbass TV shows"
>proceeds to watch television for 20 hours a day.

Can someone name all the characters for me

What's the worst thing that you think was published under the imprint?

>I shoot people I don't like

Wow the romanticized journalist shares commie mentality. Shocking.

Preacher. Because fuck I love Cassidy.

preacher

How's Clean Room? I really like the covers.

>"commie mentality"
>MAGA dude literally just shop up a school mere weeks ago
lol

Covers are nice, and the art is done by the guy who is currently doing The Wild Storm with Ellis.
The plot is okay, with the premise being that scientology was right about invisible emotional-demon-things. It suffers from plot and arc compression because it had terrible sales for the entire thing, and like a lot of horror stories, shits itself in the third act. The first twelve issues are pretty good though, but then the artist got poached by Ellis, and the plot had to wrap up quickly.

I might give it a try then. Davis-hunt style it's symple but effective. Thanks.

are you? hes a riff on hunter S. thompson and how in an absurd setting,only something as out there and pure gonzo journalism will be the only reliable journalism. hes a drugged up fuck head and a misanthropic asshole but he legitimately cares about the truth, and that is what puts him above the rest.

to be fair it was a bowel disrupter, so it won't kil anyone, they just shit themselves.

Pretty sure that guy was on the antifa camp

It's often great up to issue 50, if slightly uneven, after that it gets a bit aimless but is still generally well-written.

Check out the various one-shots and minis that Milligan wrote in the 90s too, if you haven't already.

Top left is Spider Jerusalem from Transmetropolitan
Top right is Death from Sandman
Bottom left is Jesse Custer from Preacher
Bottom right is Bigby Wolf from Fables

Haunted Tank (2009)

how very dare you

If the relaunch in August fails, Vertigo is officially terminated. Nothing can save it after that

They haven't announced anything concrete except for a 25th anniversary hardcover. I think they are making a new sandman mini

BKV Swamp Thing

Once Denise Mina came in, there was no going back. It's better to pretend it ended at Carey's last issue, it's a good ending.

That TV show is so bad.

There's "adaptation means some things will change", and then there's "let's kill the thing and wear its skin while we fuck the hopes of the existing fanbase".

>Doom Patrol
The only Doom Patrol book that was Vertigo was the Pollack run.