Why don't they make shows like this anymore? Is it too expensive?

Why don't they make shows like this anymore? Is it too expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NQwgIZ__WrY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No artistry or passion in motion pictures anymore. It's all made to pander to as many possible demographics as possible for maximum profit at the cheapest cost.

Because sometimes Batman needs to take a batnap.

Cartoons today are done as cheaply as possible running only for about 15 mins. So cutting corners in animation mixed with a halfed runtime, and a generation of unqualified animators taking control, you're left with a shitty excuse for a cartoon. In short, most of the industry has lost its passion/art in favor of a fast food tier product

The shapes aren't simple enough.

Wouldn't it have been better to just have shorter cartoons with better animation? Or is that too much effort too?

>Why don't they make shows like this anymore?
Because they got better than this.

>better animation? Or is that too much effort too?
>better animation
Of course it's too much work.

Ya got me user your bait got me.

>Is it too expensive?
Yes

Too expensive and toys don't sell anymore

No one cares about animation quality, not even here on Sup Forums. We only notice if it gets really bad (Steven Universe tier inconsistency, Korra tier dashed expectations) and the solution is to make the objections irrelevant (Flash puppets, never producing action cartoons).

Why, though? Why has it gotten more expensive to produce quality animation?

Yes, because cable becoming more common largely killed made-for-syndication programming. For shows like Batman:tas to exist, they had to first make the show then get their money back by selling it fairly cheap to lots of small local channels (often in packages with the rest of a children's programming block). This model worked in the 80s and early 90s thanks to most households not having cable, so broadcast was the only option for a lot of kids. Now, the financial burden of animation is shouldered largely by a single cable network.

Too expensive, too much work, not enough reach or influence and not toyetic enough.

It's not that animation has gotten more expensive, but more that animation studios don't see any reason to pump that much money into it anymore. I mean look at Adventure Time; its simplistic, colorful, and enough to slap its imagery on any fucking product you want to sell. When you can cut animation costs and still sell t-shirts, why bother?

For one thing the show had an actual orchestra composing music for it.

>Wouldn't it have been better to just have shorter cartoons with better animation?

not for networks that need to fill a lot of time slots.

>and toys don't sell anymore
No they still do

>No artistry or passion in ANYTHING anymore. It's all made to pander to as many possible demographics as possible for maximum profit at the cheapest cost.
Fixed that for you.

You can thank the jews.

They weren't aiming at a target audience, they were trying to make something they themselves thought would look cool?

good writers don't really exist anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=NQwgIZ__WrY
I keep telling y'all about thunderbirds but nobody ever listens

It's weird how there hasn't been an actual Batman cartoon series in quite a while.

>and not toyetic enough

But B:TAS had a shitload of toys.

I would really go with this. A show doesn’t need a great animation budget to be good. It needs good writers and there’s been a lack of them lately. There’s still great shows but people like Yost and Dini were the ones raising the bar.

No?

They make shows just as expensive as that.

BTAS was only unusual in that they spent a significantly higher amount on their opening sequence - which is why it was so much better animated than the actual show.

It won awards the year it was new (which was why they spent the money - to have something that would stand out in quality terms and win the show at least one award).

The rest of the show was never particularly high quality.

>pander

I feel like you're using this as a buzzword because you don't know the meaning of "appeal".

>motion pictures

Yeah, Ivan, you need what's called a "thesaurus". Get Bigger Ivan to approve it, don't buy one yourself. It's totally a business expense for you.

Long story short, BTAS was a tv cartoon, not a motion picture. Nobody here in the West would describe it that way.

Anything on screen is a motion picture by definition you fucking imbecile. I didn't want to exclude film making when talking about how shit this industry has become. And they are pandering, they only care about the absolute lowest common denominator because they're the only ones who consume this crap.

Also
>reddit spacing

Fuck off.