MCU Chronological Order

Hey Sup Forums, I'm trying to rearrange my MCU blu-rays in chronological order but I can't find a set in stone answer as to whether Doctor Stange comes after Homecoming or vice-versa. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

tdmedina21.wixsite.com/mcu-a-chronology
youtu.be/Cz1M5i5Y4Qc?t=108
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just see the release date, faggot.

Nah, it's not that simple dummy. Guardians 2 for example takes place in 2014, not 2017. It happens before even Age of Ultron.

Really? How'd you figure this all out? I'm interested.

Like for instance, I've heard it thrown around that Black Panther takes place during the year of Civil War, which was a couple of years back And therefore would make Shuri prime breeding grounds for that winter dick. and now they're doing some weird shit with Ant Man 2 considering it takes place or I think it takes place before Infinity War. So how does this all go down?

BP takes place immediately after Civil War, with T'Challa assuming the role of king in the wake of his father's death.

Gunn said straight up there's only a couple of months between GotG1 and 2. The post-credit scene for with teen Groot happens in 2017/8 though since that's what Groot looks like in Infinity War

Well it starts before Homecoming technically. What's the specific criteria.

Spider-Man is 2 months after Civil War
Black Panther starts less than a week after the events of Civil War.
And Ragnarok leads directly into Infinity War

Seeing as Doctor Strange is so standalone, I think slotting it in after Civil War works fine. Strange was in Ragnarok, remember, and that literally ends where Infinity War begins.

The way I've interpreted it is that he is training during Winter Soldier, which is why gets a mention as a Hydra threat, and Doctor Stange takes place in New York, as does Spider-Man, you'd think there would have been mention of a reality distorting event happening if it comes afterwards.

So, Homecoming - > main conflict parts of Doctor Strange - > a few months to become a master - > Ragnarok - > Infinity War.

That works too. Like I said, it's pretty standalone, so you can really watch it wherever you reckon you should.

So, by the end of this phase, this should be an agreeable viewing order.

>First Avenger
>Captain Marvel
>Iron Man
>Iron Man 2
>Incredible Hulk
>Thor
>Avengers
>Iron Man 3
>The Dark World
>Winter Soldier
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Guardians Vol. 2
>Age of Ultron
>Ant-Man
>Civil War
>Black Panther
>Homecoming
>Doctor Strange
>Ragnarok
>Ant-Man and the Wasp
>Infinity War
>Avengers 4

Fucked that up.

>Ant-Man and the Wasp
>Ragnarok
>Infinity War
>Avengers 4
>Spider-Man sequel (apparently set minutes after Avengers 4)

No functional adult fucking cares.

I think a functional adult can make it through the day without condemning anyone else for finding a way to fill their spare time.

>So, by the end of this phase, this should be an agreeable viewing order.
>First Avenger
>Captain Marvel
>Iron Man
Yeah, you definitely don't want to watch one of the good ones until you're 4+ hours into the series.

Sure, that'd be chronologically correct, but it's a terrible narrative order. First Avenger is supposed to lead right into Avengers.

I'm no buyfag, so I'm arranging video files instead, and this is the best narrative order, if not strictly chronological, I've come up with, taking the One-Shots into account:

1 - Iron Man
2 - Iron Man 2
2.5 - A funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer
3 - Thor
4 - Incredible Hulk
4.5 - The Consultant
6 - First Avenger
6.5 - Agent Carter
7 - Avengers
7.5 - Item 47
8 - Iron Man 3
8.5 - All Hail the King
9 - The Dark World
10 - Winter Soldier
11 - Guardians of the Galaxy
12 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2
13 - Age of Ultron
14 - Ant-Man
15 - Civil War
16 - Black Panther
17 - Spider-Man Homecoming
18 - Doctor Strange
19 - Ragnarok

I know the IM2-Thor-Hulk order is a bit contentious, but they happen at roughly the same time, and narratively it works best, as IM2 leads to Coulson going to Nevada, Thor introduces Sitwell, then Hulk leads into the Consultant, which features Sitwell as well.

It's already been discussed that GOTG and GOTG 2 go together, as only 4 months pass between them. As for Civil War/Black Panther//Homecoming/Doc Strange, BP is one week after CW, Homecoming is 2 months after CW, and Doc Strange arguably starts before CW, but ends a few months after, then leads directly into Ragnarok.

Not gonna guess where the upcoming movies go before they're out, but for now it does seem like it's Ant-Man 2, then Infinity War, and Cap Marvel will depend on where it ends, like First Avengers.

Did the HD version of that one guy's Phase One chronological super cut ever get finished?

Yes!

I wish I still had it. It was pretty fucking impressive

It was on Demonoid. Then Demonoid died.

I hate these fucking things, they all stack all the ancient narrations and flashbacks at the start with no regards for the narrative. What's this scene with a couple looking at a weird flower in the 70's? I wonder if it'll come up again, in like 13 more hours!

It's not designed for watching the movies for the first time, it's designed for making an event out of your second or third rewatch just before the latest Avengers comes out.

Isn't Infinity War somewhat in the past too though? 10 years real time has past since Iron Man, but 10 years haven't past in MCU time, right?

I'm to lazy to crunch the numbers so would it be cheaper to buy the Phase 1/2 boxesets or individually?

>GOTG’s opening scene is in 1988 according to the title card; lafter says 26 years later, putting GOTG in 2014
>GOTG2 title card says 1980, then 34 years later; putting GOTG2 also in 2014
>news report of T’Chaka’s death and mentioning of it happening the week before put Black Panther a week after a Civil War
>title card in Homecoming says 2 months after Civil War

the only tricky bit is that details in homecoming indicate it takes place in 2017, also placing civil war and black panther in 2017 (and thus avengers in 2009) but this is ruined by details in iron man 3 that says avengers was in 2012

as for you op, i’m gonna say doctor strange takes place before homecoming. definitely starts out before it, maybe some of it takes place concurrently

Obviously not, no one is gonna sit down to watch that iceberg of a supercut with no prior knowledge, but it's still a pretty bad presentation of the story.

It's far better to just put the movies in the best chronological and narrative place they can be.

At best you can mix IM2, Hulk and Thor with a dash of First Avenger. I think that was the guy's original intention, to kind of recreate Fury's Big Week. Then he spun out of control and did this abomination.

Which is up to version 10 now.
tdmedina21.wixsite.com/mcu-a-chronology

This is the only thread where I can post this and I've waited months: Doctor Strange starts off in the MCU equivalent of 2010. During the phone call right before Stephen crashes his car, the guy on the other end mentions an "Air Force Colonel: crushed his lower spine in some experimental armor." Everyone assumed he was referencing Rhodey, but I think they're referencing this guy youtu.be/Cz1M5i5Y4Qc?t=108
who gets twisted in half by Hammer's attempt at an Iron Man suit. It's a minor thing, but it gives Strange more time training and mastering his sorcery under his belt by the time he shows up in Ragnarok.

If you're patient, you'll probably be able to build up most of phases 1 and 2 out of bargain bin finds or from used DVD-Blu-Ray places for crazy cheap.

It's been confirmed it's not the Hammer suit guy.

Also, we know Doctor Strange starts in 2016 at the earliest; they make sure we see the date in his trophies, his watch, etc. We don't exactly know when it ends though, because it's not specified how long he was in treatment or later in training.

Sliding timeline.

>It's been confirmed it's not the Hammer suit guy.
My life's work...

Homecoming's "8 years later" card is just impossible.

Vision says that Civil War is 8 years after Stark revealed he was Iron Man, which is Iron Man 1. Homecoming is 2 months after CW, Peter explicitly says so. That would put HC at most 9 years after IM1, but there were several years between IM1 and Avengers.

Sony simply fucked it up.

>yfw there's a throwaway joke about this involving the Time Stone in IW