Fakers

>Comics a shit ton of people express their opinion on, even though they clearly haven't read them.

Other urls found in this thread:

tmntentity.blogspot.com/2018/02/was-april-oneil-originally-black-in.html?m=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there any reason you made this thread now? Or did you listen to Rich Evans rant?

>Or did you listen to Rich Evans rant?
Who?

The guy who made yesterday a comment about how the original turtles are not all the same. Don't tell me this is just an coincidence.

People talk about these comics? All I ever see is people nostalgic about the shitty cartoon show

Because of the new cartoon a lot of people bring up April being black in the mirage comics, but she is not showing people just follow what ever some main stream person says on the subject rather then fact checking

Oh that's what you're on about. For what it's worth, I've never read them but have since been shown shit from them, and yes she looks black.

What a shame. These comics are really good. Nothing hurts you as much as #28

Care to tell more?

Except the fact that it’s been debunked and I am not op so good job being a retard
tmntentity.blogspot.com/2018/02/was-april-oneil-originally-black-in.html?m=1

>Nothing hurts you as much as #28
Right in the feel

They ruined it in the 4 kids version

Look I don't really give a shit either way, Transformers dominates TF, TF is dead in the water as a franchise and the people who make money off it are struggling to reinvent it in a way that sticks, THAT'S why April is black now and no other reason, because the franchise is failing and they have no idea what to do or who to market it to. I don't give a damn if April was ever supposed to be black and find it autistic that people do, however I will say this image is a black woman whether it's canon or not, this is a drawing of a black bitch.

TMNT is dead in the water*

>Look I don't really give a shit either way, Transformers dominates TF, TF is dead in the water as a franchise and the people who make money off it are struggling to reinvent it in a way that sticks, THAT'S why April is black now and no other reason, because the franchise is failing and they have no idea what to do or who to market it to. I don't give a damn if April was ever supposed to be black and find it autistic that people do, however I will say this image is a black woman whether it's canon or not, this is a drawing of a black bitch.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Peter lauded self inserts his wife all the time in his art even if the character is a different race

Tmnt is dead they could make April fucking a Muslim the turtles trannies and splinter a hamster who raps but in the mirage comics April is a white

I'm saying April is black now because they are attempting to sell TMNT to a different audience, because the previous attempts failed. It's very simple you race baiting cuckold. TMNT is dead as a franchise, that's why they keep making massive changes every iteration, because they don't have an audience.

Nobody gives a shit about obscure comic books nobody gave a shit about when they came out.

This. Fuck you Cowabunga Pizza Turtles Fans.
Youve almost totally annihilated the original version of TMNT. I will always hate you, and what you did to my beloved franchise.
Sincerely
Lifelong Mirage Fag

>That pic
Nice

>Youve almost totally annihilated the original version of TMNT. I will always hate you, and what you did to my beloved franchise.
Let's be honest, it wouldn't be a "franchise" without them.

It got popular because of the old cartoon, yes, but that doesn't mean that we have to love it.

From Peter Laird's blog:
>I like the fact that it introduced the TMNT to a wider audience. There are some bits and pieces of some of the early episodes that I found entertaining, but in truth, it's been so long since I've watched much of it that I can't really remember specifics. However, I remember enough to make me certain that I DON'T want to go back and watch much of it

Laird is an edge master who hates fun

>edge master
That would be Kevin

Hey, get a grip.

Where dis he say that?

See, I'd be fine with that.
I didn't need to to he a huge popular franchise. Imagine reading the Leo one shot, where Shredder returns... then hearing that they made a TMNT cartoon, and instead of Ninja Revenge, you get... whatever Cowabunga Pizza Turtles is.
That was me, at 12, watching that cartoon and being like WTF is this trash.
Who knew decades later, that it would become the definitive version of the TMNT.

I chuckled, but also fuck you.

Why was the Raphael Micro the GOAT?

Your collection is pretty nice. Do you have anything else?

TMNT wise? I have all the NECA stuff, some other statues, 2 complete runs of Mirage, all printings and variants, and another original art page

That's cool man. Makes me wish that I would start collecting the comics earlier.
I do have a few books from the Russian publisher. They are pretty neat. There are also some exclusive covers too, so that's something (pic related)

Na sosach, bydlo

>from the Russian publisher
Oi, m8. I think you can help me out. I remember back in my early childhood days another kid brought a TMNT comic in school. All I remember from it is a black Turtle (no idea if it's a canon character or an OC). Do you have any idea what it was?

>Na sosach
I can't read that, man. "Suck it"?

It was probably Slash, that's the only turtle with black mask that I know. He might have bought the translated Archie comics from the "Maхaoн" publshing.
As far as I know Russian publishers didn't make any comics, but they have made some really strange books.

What do you think about the IDW run?

>Peter lauded self inserts his wife all the time in his art even if the character is a different race

You mean Kevin. Peter doesn't do that.

god you are a dumb fucker
have you never heard of a perm

Did they adapt the issue #28 story?

I think the Leo one might be almost as good. But I can't really decide.

That's a pretty cool cover. Nice touch with the different universes Shredder fights. Do we know who made it?

Might be Raphael in his wrestling outfit?

ohhh, dude, that's not russian
kinda looks like estonian or lithuanian

I tried to look it up, but there was no info about that

They’re easy to read now, though.

The comics are in swedish but I thought you might just have meant who the dark turtle was and I remeber Raphael being in an all black jumpsuit from the wrestling part in the archie comics.

>Do we know who made it?

Arseniy Dubakov. He's the founder of Illusion Studios who currently have the license to reprint TMNT comics in Russia. He was a TMNT fan artist before that.

Thanks! Here's the clean version of the cover.

Gotta say, Arseniy has gotten a lot better since he did that unofficial Image TMNT conclusion comic a few years back. Cool to hear that he moved up in the world and has his own publishing studio, too.

Are TMNT popular in Russia or something, btw?

Friendly reminder that the original creators loved Daredevil and Jack Kirby. Whacky campiness is not inherently bad.

You do know the reason it got a Cartoon was because of the comics right

how about some turtles storytimes?

you must be 40 by now. How old are you?

On their gaming channel.

fakers?

Stating the obvious, the Sup Forumstards that infest this board. MCU is pretty much nothing like the comics and takes a shit on it frequently. The DC stuff is just a pure abomination in comparison.
>inb4 assmad fa/tv/irgins start trying to defend their casualdom.

I have no problem with wackiness or campiness. Mirage managed to mix both with serious action and semi serious undertones. It was part of the allure. Part of it, not the majority of it. TMNT was always about family, ninjas and revenge. The crazy sci-fi stuff was fun, but it always comes back to brothers.

I'm in my 40's yes.

Nice Sup Forumsllection.