Greatest comic book artist of all time is a black frenchman

>Greatest comic book artist of all time is a black frenchman

How did this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivier_Coipel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How did this happen?
His parents were black and lived on France

Black people have the free will to do whatever they want just like Colonizers?

It didn't.

This guy is mediocre as all fuck.

I like Coipel and shit. But come on, man

Nah he's easily one of the best marvel/DC artists of this generation

He's not the best but he's great.

I don't think he does the best action but his art is very pretty

Can I see his art?

>Gay black guy is overrated
Color me surprised.

He's absolutely a damn good artist.great I'd even say. But he isn't even the best at the moment.

marvel/DC artists must really suck then

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivier_Coipel

Is he the creator of Asterix? Then he's not the greatest artist of all fucking time, now is he?!

>black
>Frenchman
No, he’s a black guy living in France. I bet you consider that NBA black kid a Greek.

whites left they self go.

Are you retarded?

Alexander Dumas

Good for Big Two standards but he's probably the worst french artist I can think of. And I read autobio comics so that's saying something.

As much as I love Coipel's work, he's a poor man's Travis Charest

He is white inside

stop looking in his bum you bum looker

how did you guess my job?

ASSMAN license plate and everything?

Civic nationalism > ethnic nationalism

But that is not Ledroit and not even Duchazeau

Well, I hope you aren't envious or anything. It pays good, but then again, so does every WET WORK

yeah, nice try with the diversity quota, SJW

Maybe because he worked hard on his talents and color of the skin and nationality means nothing?

So is he going to DC after his miniseries with Millar ends or is he going to keep doing creator-owned?

He's a generic as fuck artist. A little more stylised house style. Ferreyra, Liew, Shalvey and a lot of other artists are better.

seen alot of batman sketches from him so I wouldn't be surprised

also you guys can't just say no and not give a example of someone better

fuck off pol

At very least you can say that he take more than 5 minutes to make each page unlike this shit
anyone who pay 3/4 dollars for something so fucking shitty and lazy like sguirrelgirlcomic is simply retarded,this artist wouldn't get 4 dollars per comission in the internet

Never know he was black, lol!

James Stokoe isn't black.

>that pen handling
why

I could list a hundred better artists. Coipel isn't even Ivan Reis level. Look at that drawing behind him in the OP, he always draws faces like that with that stupid looking mouth, it's really bad when he draws a splash with a lot of characters.

>I could
show, don't tell.

You want me to post, at the very least, 100 examples?

So you purposefully used a huge number so you wouldn't have to actually back your words up? Well, heres your (you)

The first man comes to mind if we are talking about Coipel and Thor - Russel Daughterman

I'm always baffled by his southpaw pen claw too, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I though he was asian.

*internal screaming*

I like Olivier "Blockhead" Copiel, but the man can't draw an oval shaped head to save his life.

Why would I have to look up, save and post 100 examples? That's a lot of effort in my part compared to yours.

that kinda just proves anons point

also
>ivan reis

i don't see what makes him so much better desu
I can imagine he's technical skilled but he's style isn't as ascetically pleasing as coipel

His characters are more expressive, his art is more dynamic and he doesn't cheap on the backgrounds. He's faster.

You don't have a point. If you make a statement then burden of proof is on you. I could list names but then you'd just act all retarded and pretend like you can't just google image search the names yourself. Never mind the fact that if you're not familiar with the names then you shouldn't be giving out your opinion in the first place.

didn't get that from a quck google search

any comic you recommend that really showcase his art?

(for example coipels art really shines in the spiderverse issue he worked on)

what?

user just give us the names stop being such a tight asshole about it, don't know about the other user but I just want to read more comics with good art

So he can't speak proper english and his skin is dark.

Just your average american then.

It allows him to lock his wrist and work from his shoulder and elbow.

Not that user but Reis' New 52 Aquaman has GOAT art. Also Multiversity.
He's gonna be on Superman with Bendis and while I'm iffy on the Bend, I can't wait.