What is the ideal team size?

Trio or five man band.

5-6

No more than 7, no less than 3.

4 hands down

There isn't a single ideal size.

You can have organizations like the X-Men or the Legion of Super Heroes having dozens of members. Admittedly they tended to focus on 5 or so of them at any one time but you can have a rotating cast to keep the personality interactions fresh. Hell, I'm pretty sure there were Legionnaires who were members of the team at the same time who never actually met each other, the cast was so large the writers never had the opportunity to put them in the same room.

On the flip side, smaller groups work. Fantastic Four, Cap's Kooky Quartet, Power Pack. Birds of Prey was the trio of Barb, Diana, and Helena for the longest time, or the three Captain Marvels. Duos work, a Supes & Bats book has always been popular, most solo books end up being a duo (wolverine almost always had a young female partner, Batman and Robin, etc)

At most six.

If you have more than that, it's an organization that you need to break down into smaller teams or relegate some characters to side characters

5-7, optionally some supporting members, like a stay-at-home leader, techguy or a butler

5:
2x offense
1x defense
1x tank
1x support

Four, all good groups in media have always been four

>being this bronze
Once again
2x tank
1x support
1x dmg
1x flank

Ocean's eleven worked well. Just have to give some members more attention . There can be some members who can come for one or two scenes and steal the show. So As long as its countable and has a good story , anything is possible.

Full on organizations work the best, you can have one or two A listers be the focus and act like the glue, while you can pick and choose a variety of other characters to grow and mature before they can handle a solo title or just become one of the front line A listers that acts like an organization's face

>ideal
I'd say 5-7 unless you're Bendis. Then it's one.

3-6

same as a D&D party

Power Rangers pattern, 5 to 6.

Three to five.

4-5

5--7 with 2-3 supporting characters.

Forming up sir

4-6. Three is not enough and any more then 6 becomes a chore on the leader

Also, 90's Beast is the best Beast.

Also again l, Wolverine x Storm is the best paring.

Seven

why was the gold team so lame?

I prefer 7, you get to cover all your base characters, plus have a few oddballs.