What did Betty and Howard do for A living?

What did Betty and Howard do for A living?

I thought Howard was a clown and Betty looked and acted like my aunt so I assumed she had the same job of having someone else pay for everything she has

Betty probably worked at the DMV, and Howard had some desk job. Charles and Him worked as clowns in college.

Betty always seemed like a gym teacher to me. Probably because of the headband.

What did Didi do for a living?

I believe Howard was an accountant that worked out of the home.
And I don't recall what Betty did but shot in the dark school gym teacher.

Highschool HomeEc teacher.

How the hell did Stu and Didi not have financial difficulties? Stu's inventions never got off the ground so it's unlikely he got consistent payment from that, and Didi was just a high school teacher, which isn't enough to afford that huge house and support two babies.

Grandpa's pension paid for everything?

Didi's parents were loaded with Jew gold.

The good thing about being an inventor, is that you only need a saomewhat success to live for years, and a really good one to retire.

...Different time period, housing was cheaper.

Didi must have been employed at a decent school and Stu did invent a bubble making machine that one time which presumably made them enough profit to get through the summer after he patented it, and Lou's pension/retirement funds.

Also, didn't the Reptar wagon thing from the movie earn them alot of money? I thought there was something about that that connected the first two films but I could be wrong.

By the end of the second movie, I think he had a fair amount of money because he'd been hired by Euro ReptarLand to do a bunch of their animatronics.

But post-second-movie Rugrats is pretty shitty and I don't like to think about it much.

All stu needed was 1 successful invention. Just because most of his shit didn't work out didn't mean he never had at least 1 success.

He had a few successes and then he got the fucking Reptar contract.

That is probably right, the kids wrecked his fancy "quackulator" one time.

Are there videos on YouTube that compile all the adult moments from Rugrats? Now that I'm an adult myself, they're the things that make me laugh the most when I think back on them. Like the fucking bits where Drew is doing Stu's taxes.

Yeah, that Reptar contract had to pay for a lot.

When you're a kid, every house you enter seems huge because you're so small and so unfamiliar with how houses look, y'know? I feel like a lot of shows try (or tried) to recreate that feeling, and to an adult it just kind of looks like these houses are impossibly large.

I think Clarence has the only house that looks like my actual house growing up.

didn't he like, invent reptar?

>When you're a kid, every house you enter seems huge because you're so small and so unfamiliar with how houses look, y'know?
I still remember when every house felt like a mansion.
Boy being an adult sucks.

>kek

rockcock please stop tweeting about Sup Forums threads

In the first movie Drew was riding him about how much in bad shape his finances were.

Houses in general took a massive jump in price after the 90s; they used to be more affordable.

Reptar was Japanese.
Stu just made some stuff for it, like the Reptar Wagon and the mecha for EuroReptar Land.

You can live reasonably off a single patent. Stu is a pretty talented engineer he just bites off more than he can chew.

My parents tell me otherwise but to this day I'm still pretty confident that my uncle's house was twice as large as mine.

>the only things that have gone up in price relative to the 70s are housing and education, two extremely important things to having a consistently good life

Rockcock can tweet about whatever he wants. I just wish he'd follow me back and retweet my incredible content so i can become internet famous and afford to live in a house instead of a cardboard box that i wrote the word "house" on the side of.

I don't know how true this is but I heard that there's been a trend of people building less small, starter houses and more big, expensive houses and that fucks up the market.

Stu's dank DARPA money considering he can make all-terrain vehicles like they're nothing. If he stopped focusing on toys he'd be rolling in dosh.

It probably helped that they live in the ugliest house in the world.

Yea, they're called the Chinese. They're the reason why the median house price in my state's capital city and surrounding suburbs is $1-1.5 million

Me too. Want to join me and seeking our fortunes in Maine?

>he'd been hired by Euro ReptarLand
Why did he even take his friends and their babies on that business trip to France?

Probably went like
>We need you in Paris YESTERDAY. What, you want your family to come too? Fuck it, here's twelve tickets!

Stu probably made a really sick ass toy once and keeps living off it.

I wonder more about that with Betty and Howard. Especially since they have 2 kids starting out instead of one.

Lou/Pop probably helped them pay for it considering he lived with them. Stu likely had enough success from pitches to keep them afloat (although he did have to get that job at Consolidated Lard that one time.)

Howard was an accountant who mentioned marching into his boss's office (it was only a dream,) and Betty always struck me as a community woman who may or may not make money serving as an organizer for things like 10Ks, festivals, etc.

As you'll recall, she went in with Chaz for the coffee shop in the later seasons.

The puppet show in the first episode is hilarious.

The parents went on a ton of trips and didn't let parenthood stop them. Betty & Howard took the twins to Vegas one weekend, they all ended up going to Vegas in the VHS special, they drove to Canada or close to it to buy some plant, Charlotte & Drew had business trips, etc.

Didn't he do that in the series?

I vaguely remember Drew hounding Stu for money and he kept the check in a book or something. I think this was the same episode that he had to get a "real job".

I also noticed he keeps saying these inventions will put Pickles toys on the map....so does he never get recognized even for the reptar shit?

It makes you wonder how much financial pressure was on Didi