Marvel Announces New 'Multiple Man' Series (Exclusive)

Ready for Rosenber to fix Soule fuck ups

>It turns out you can’t keep a good Multiple Man down. Marvel Comics will launch a new Multiple Man series starring Jamie Madrox this July from writer Matthew Rosenberg (New Mutants: Dead Souls, Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey) and artist Andy MacDonald (Justice League of America), featuring covers by Marcos Martin.

>This announcement may come as a bit of a surprise to fans since Madrox died at the beginning of the Death of X event in 2016.

>“Yeah, Jamie is very dead,” Rosenberg tells ComicBook.com “He was killed by the Terrigen Mists and all of his dupes died with him. But our book starts off with someone finding Jamie very not dead. But he is not long for this world. So the mystery of why he isn't dead and how to save himself is a big driving force of the story.

>“If I were smarter I'd probably say some nonsense about how this was all about the duality of man and the Jungian archetypes that exist within us, how they are often oppositional, and how the ideas of who we are existed before us and continue beyond us. Maybe the book is about what we leave behind in the world for the people who love us and the people who don't, and how that story is never a complete picture. But, honestly, I just like Jamie Madrox a lot and I raised my hand in a meeting at the Marvel office and said, 'What if he wasn't dead?' and then they asked me to make up how that would work. And so... here we are. Dude's not dead.”

I love me some Madrox, but for the love of God, please tell me what Slott is gonna do with Iron Man. I haven't read a good Stark book since fucking 2012.

>When asked about the kinds of threats Madrox would be facing in the new series, Rosenberg pointed towards the unfortunate end Madrox has seemingly escaped.

>“Death,” Rosenberg says. “Death is one of the big threats for sure. But also there is a mysterious new team you meet in issue #1 who are coming for him. They are willing to go toe to toe with the X-Men to get to him, so you know they're pretty serious. Who they are and why they exist is pretty crazy, but it is all part of a bigger plan for global domination. While Jamie is mostly concerned with not dying at first, he gets caught up in all this stuff and, ya know, has to try and fix it. Or not. It's complicated.”

>Luckily for Jamie, he has some old friends he can rely on.

>“As for Layla [Miller, Madrox’s wife], she isn't in this one,” Rosenberg says. “We're focussing on Jamie for now and getting him back on the board before we can get them back together... If we get them back together. But some other X-Factor folks are definitely going to pop up. I'm using a bunch of them in my New Mutants series already (shameless plug) so I didn't have to ask for a lot of permission to bring them over. And that's really what it's all about. Not asking for permission.”

>Madrox is a character who has gotten to play in different genres throughout his history, be it noir, comedy, or something between. Rosenberg plans to keep that tradition alive.

>No Layla Miller

MadroX mini series and first half of X-factor are still some of my favorite x-men books in the last 10 years.
So I will keep an eye out for this

It can’t be worse than Bendis

I'm fine with no Layla, I liked her as a character but her wanting to bone Jamie was something I disliked.

Sure, but ever since Gillen took over, the series has been getting worse and worse with every new Creative Team and title.

>marvel

Amen, when would you say XFactor started to go off the rails?

So, yeah... Marvel don't have so many writers, Rosenberg again, at least isn't Cates.

Body duplication is my favorite superpower, and I've always believed Jaime Madrox is criminally underused. Kind of interested in this.

Probably after the Hella arc.

>New 'Multiple Man' Series
Cool.
>Rosenberg
Wow it's fucking nothing.
>since Madrox died at the beginning of the Death of X event in 2016.
Well I had no idea, have a late F.
Yeah, you know that's a good point.

4 kids walk into a bank was pretty good

Multiplex is better

>Rosenberg again
Who the hell is he blackmailing at Marvel?

Based Marvel giving the REAL FANS what we want

>Rosenmeme

Just in time for the James Franco movie starring him.

How long until Marvel's output is 100% X-Men

What with the hate for Rosenberg. He didn't write anything worse than mediocre. And his Kingpin and Rocket Raccoon were good. His own stuff like We can never go home and 4 kids walk into a bank good too

Damn i was hoping Peter David would be writing it since he loves the character and is a big reason why Jamie has his fans

He is the only writer who currently writes for marvel who really care for the x-men

You mean the guy with no stories?

I'm not sure how I feel about Madrox without PAD.

Secret Warriors was crap
Phoenix Resurrection was a drawn out mess

And his New Mutants mini looks terrible

bullshit
Robbie Thompson will save the X-Men

>Secret Warriors was crap
It was mediocre at worst
>Phoenix Resurrection was a drawn out mess
Never judge writer by Marvel events. They are rarely good cause editors can't do their shit right

I liked Superior. Resetting Stark's development to zero and dropping him in modern Marvel was fun.

>'What if he wasn't dead?' and then they asked me to make up how that would work.
well, looks like already more Editorial doing their work than before.

I'm cautiously optimist.

So what is it about Marvel and their inability to attract good talent and/or attracting decent talent but having them turn in the most mediocre of dreck? Can't think of a single writer being attached to this that would make me excited besides maybe PAD, but he hasn't really done anything decent in a long time either

better than DC

>Rosenberg
Him, Aaron and Coates will be the only three writers working on all Marvel books at this rate. "Fresh Start" indeed.

Rosenberg is just a yes man with no spine. He's a remnant of Alsonso era Marvel that should have gotten the boot along with all the other SJW writers.

>“As for Layla [Miller, Madrox’s wife], she isn't in this one,” Rosenberg says. “We're focussing on Jamie for now and getting him back on the board before we can get them back together... If we get them back together.
In other words, Brevoort killed the marriage and Layla is written out because of it.

Also Rosenberg sucks.

No, Sup Forums said that he was really really really dead for real this time because marvel is killing off all’s the Muties. Is Sup Forums full of shit or something?

>Is Sup Forums full of shit or something?

Hi, you must be new here

I liked it too, but it was pretty much a mini that didn't amount to anything.

I like Rosenberg, he is a harmless writer and cares about the characters so I'm okay with him He even brought back Skids and Yelena in Tales of Suspense.

I will pull this

>If it aint PAD, it's bad

For real hes the only one who could consistently give Madrox a voice

I hope they explain why he doesn't have his M tattoo anymore

no Layla Miller makes me lose almost all enthusiasm for this

There use to be this thing in which the writer and artist collaborated together on a story, like 50/50, but now it's the writer who controls the art direction and the artist is whoever can follow written instructions.

He said that it will be one of the plot points of the series

If nothing else that cover will make a good phone wallpaper.

That death didn’t last long.