Someone explain to me what marvel is doing with this chick. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

Someone explain to me what marvel is doing with this chick. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

>"That's Voyager, the uh, OTHER Avenger. Yep. Been with us the whole time."

She's Valeria Richards. Btw, according to wiki:
>Following the events of Secret Wars, Valeria has become the biological daughter of Victor von Doom.
What?

It means the same thing all the other cosmic Macguffins meant, nothing.

user, are you damaged in the head? That’s obviously Voyager, a founding member of the Avengers and one of Marvel’s most popular characters for the last 40 years.

There’s so much going on in her backstory and character development that I don’t even know where I would tell you to start reading. Any other Anons have a list of recommended Voyager?

Poor man's Sentry. That's it.

How many times has marvel done the "this hero was there all the time but you just dont remember it" shtick? Sentry, voyager, blue marvel...anyone else?

That is old Kentucky Voyager and she has always been there! Okay OP, are we clear?

How is she anything like Sentry? She's a teleporter. No flight, no super strength.

That didn’t happen.

Can we admit that at the very least shes cute?

Yeah, no, that's out of date.

What's your favorite Voyager's origin? Kirby, Moore or Waid?

Ultimate Voyager by Millar

She is poopy butthole of 616.

your baitfu is weak

Last time I checked, they were actually hinting that Voyager's backstory with the Avengers is false. Wanda manages to briefly unfreeze Vision and when he sees Voyager he seems to be voicing his confusion over who she is before being frozen again.

I mean, her origin issue contains a lot of very clear allusions to characters like The Sentry and Triumph, to the point where it's feeling like they're deliberately setting it up as something that is going to be subverted or revealed as a lie at some point down the road.

That's Mr. Poopy Butthole to you

>Last time I checked, they were actually hinting that Voyager's backstory with the Avengers is false.
Get the fuck outta here. Sup Forums is a Voyager board.

it's the form jane thor takes when she is embued with the god temptress.

*tempest
kek

Fuck you for reminding me Avengers Academy exists, I wanted it to be good so bad but it became unbearable ass when events started. My breaking point was the Spider-man one.

>not cheating your way through the game

mine was when they fully announced they'd stop development of any other districts and would instead focus on event of the month.

>development of any other districts
Have they at least dug out the three they were teasing? Or done anything at all with the raft / helicarrier?

Yep

A weaker Blink that is incapable of spamming her teleportation and requires periodic rest before she can use her teleportation again.

She even has trouble with large distances and crowds

There are like 4 X-men who are better teleporters

Outside of Blink and Magik, I don't think any other X-men teleporters are capable of teleporting others without being physically in contact with them. Blink and Magik are the other 2 that can teleport others without teleporting themselves. Blink with her spears and Magik with her discs.

They reformated the entire game recently, so that's been pretty interesting. There was even like a two week period without any events.

What about Lila Cheney

Lila Cheney, Pixie, Cloak, Ariel, Vanisher, Shatterstar

Nightcrawler recently teleported to fucking Atlantis so his distance has increased by magnitudes and his line of sight limitation seems to be gone

Forge built a teleporting Sentinel a while back. Cerebra.

Can only teleport long distances and require specific coordinates. Can only teleport others that are next to her as oppose to Blink and Magik that are capable of teleporting others without being next to them. Magik has also been shown capable of teleporting through time with her discs.

Shit taste, Millar threw out everything that made her interesting. The definitive run was Busiek.

But can they teleport others without teleporting themselves? Blink is capable of teleporting others without teleporting herself by throwing a teleporting spear at the target. Magik is capable of teleporting others without teleporting herself by placing a teleporting disc under/above the target.

Pixie can open stepping disk-like portals, Cloak can send people anywhere through his cloak, Ariel creates flaming doors

Cloak require people to enter his cloak though.

But he doesn't have to go with them

But he still require physical contact.

Thor can teleport when writers remember that.

>Someone explain to me what marvel is doing with this chick. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
It doesn't matter, the second she gets a reveal, she will be forgotten and probably killed off panel a few years later.

oh god.. how stupid are you?

>WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
It means Waid is a hack.

Shitty Triumph rip-off

And there's a free shopping/instant actions hack again (not as good as hackanon's were though), so I have everyone that can fight maxed to 38 and beat all 7 maps (though not all with 3 stars) now.

She is one of the Elders,look at her eyes. She is BBE's daughter, or sister.

Only a fan theory.
As for the other one, that's just shitposting.

Also impossible given the fact that Voyager is a being of average intellect.

is it as bad as Marvel Future Fight?

Forget-Me-Not, I guess.

And DC did it first, with Triumph.

Waid isn't the only one who created her.

Why do you she look a Mecha pilot from the 70's?

Well, MAA has a hack, so maybe not.

>hastily retconned into every important Avengers moment
>power is to teleport through a universe where everything is expressed as comic covers
>pink energy
Yes, who could she possibly be. Who, I ask you! Who?!

Nothing. It all means nothing.

Wtf I love Vision Now?!?

>pleated skirt

UNF! I have this fetish.

Okay, THAT twist would make me interested.

Does anyone remember Avenger X, created by Waid? Can there be any connection with Valerie?

there was this panel where Jarvis is looking at a photo of The Avengers, and he can sense that something is off or that it has been changed, but he just doesn't realize it's Voyager in the photo.

It's not a "she was always there" retcon, but something/someone inserted her into the timeline and she's not supposed to be there.

I would love this so goddamn much.

So what exactly has Legacy been all about?

>Cyclops personal transport
Pretty sure he still had a jetpack at that point, also lewd.

"the vanishing point" or some horse shit

it was like a spiritual journey for the legacy characters, into the past of their predecessors. It was overhyped and incredibly forgettable

Wait that's all it was? Just current legacy characters meeting their past title holders, I expected more after all the hype Marvel put into it.

Well, we will see if she ever wears a shark backpack.

It wasn't like a big coherent story or line wide crossover. It was basically Marvel trying to prove to us that their young heroes are valid

And Wolverine coming back

Hope stole that jetpack.

But that happened after fear itself

There was the black captain america, the grandfather of patriot.

I would say start with Voyager & the Avengers Maxi-Series. It is just 10 years after her first appearance, but its a good origin revisite of her first avenger mission.

No, she looks so blank and bland that I keep thinking she's an android with a plastic head or something. She looks like the best robot they could build in 1955.

oh shit.

but shes wearing pants! she's evil again!