They did a fucking gun control episode with the thinnest layer of subtlety humanly possible

>they did a fucking gun control episode with the thinnest layer of subtlety humanly possible

LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x2YC5cVxTcQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism_in_Europe_(2014–present)#2018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The songs were fun.

"Let's not be skeletons"

I'd say many a Skeleton Warrior would take offense at that.

good
children must learn that guns are for mentally ill faggots and amerimutts

and for hunting

go full ooga booga with pointy rocks on sticks problem solved

That children can play videogames better shit that see a fucking liberal episode about guns.

Just catch a doe and masturbate her so she can tell all the other deer and they will come to you.

I know right? Especially in 2018 when the police are more accessible to everyone, there is literally no reason to own a gun.

Nah, ya cuck

>america
>a democracy
kek

wut

You're right! The police would be the first ones to stop something like a school shoo-- oh wait

downplaying the consequences of misusing a firearm (you turn into a cartoon skeleton) and instead focusing on the bureaucratic actions you could take to limit gun posession seems like the wrong way to go about this in a show for kids. surely "guns will fucking kill you, don't go near them" is the better lesson to be teaching this audience. even the NRA Eddie the Eagle cartoons straight up said "if you find a gun, get the fuck away from it and tell an adult you trust."

also all of the songs seemed to be based on the simpsons parodies of songs from musicals, rather than being clean parodies of the actual original songs. it's like when south park accidently lifted their inception jokes from a college humor skit, thinking those jokes were making direct references to things that happened in that movie when they weren't.

If guns were already outlawed then no one would have been shot in the first place.

wow user i bet you get MAD pussy with your little gun *pew pew pew* xd showed them niggers
>give a gun to a kid

(You)

When did they make this? Weird how it ended up airing during a time that'd make it really politically relevant.

Glad to see they aren't hurting for episode ideas, oh wait.

I'm guessing it's airing now by sheer chance, and whoever's in charge of broadcasting the episodes does not know what the episode's content is. All the title says is "Let's Not Be Skeletons", and I doubt they informed the network at any time that it was a Gun Control Special. If this airs on television in the next week they might get in a bit of trouble for it.

>If weed was already outlawed then no one would have been smoking in the first place.

On the topic of guns, I do feel going out of the way to advertise a place is a "gun-free zone" basically paints a target for spree shooters. These kind of people are cowards, the racists ones don't go to the Hood and start shooting up armed blacks who likely actually are the criminals they claim to hate. No they'll attack a church where they know its nothing but old unarmed people who can't fight back.

Making it clear that the security guards and hell maybe even the teachers can keep a gun with them would deter a lot of these faggot kids who shoot up their schools.

>implying you can outlaw guns

Nice job idiot, now all gun owners are outlaws.

>gun free zone
Why are americans retarded to have a sign like that put up anywhere. Its like saying "lmao free loot mr. armed robber or we have no defenses mr. mass shooter"

Look at the amount of people who got jailed for marijuana crimes the only problem is the penalties weren't harsh enough so people kept smoking.

How many more children have to die for you to still think guns are cool?

it was pretty well done. got a lot of laughs out of me.

What kills me is that im sure the writers had every intention on making a good episode with that moral for kids,but failed so hard thematically that its an embarassment. And i do agree with the ban of gun control,but this episode did not treat the issue well at all.
And like said they tried to make the episode like the monorail ep of the simpsons,which wasnt about gun control at all.
What makes this whole episode worse is that seeing everyone go crazy with skeletons was actually funny,so it can send mixed messages for kids.

You have to be 18 or older to post here.

After 2 mass shootings at the center of Paris in a single year I didn't think anyone would take gun control seriously.

What if I told you that the only reason those signs exist is because any other alternative or more effective measure is gutted and hamstrung by a bought congress.
It's not like they did this and said "Yes, this is clearly the best solution" you fucking dimwit.

When seconds count....

I'm just glad people like Sarah McKinley or the students at Prince High School didn't have to worry about those dangerous legal gun owners and all the crime they commit.

It's totally not like crime, violence, and murder is a complicated issue that's far more complicated than "if you give people guns they'll think life is call of duty and shoot everyone when they are slightly upset or startled."

It makes complete sense that Gar when given one of these would have an immediate and irrational change in character and try to kill his crush's son, because disagreement.

I think that congresswoman should premptively ban something because of the completely realistic nightmare of a small child.

>even the NRA Eddie the Eagle cartoons straight up said "if you find a gun, get the fuck away from it and tell an adult you trust."

Fucking this. It's not a complicated message to convey or teach to kids. If they see a gun, they move away from it and IMMEDIATELY go and tell the nearest adult about it. If anything something more needs to be done about teaching people to be fucking responsible with and around firearms.

>How many more children have to die for you to still think guns are cool?

Considering how practically every bank and every major media studio has armed guards, it's weird that we think our children are less worth protecting than money and celebrities

Sod off

>Why are there so many Skeleton Acid Attacks since the banned the Skeleton Remote?
>Bin that Skeleton Knife
All of the wizards at Hogwarts were armed. Just saying.

seething

They MIGHT? Did you forget the tranny unicorn debacle?

do you mean ones in big cities, because i haven't been to a bank with an armed guard in years.

I have an idea, we should affectively pay Swiss government officials to come and fix this shit

Not necessarily for self-defense, but I've always wanted to hunt. Getting rid of guns would remove my right to hunt... and I'd never be able to.

That's because banks carry almost no money these days. My local bank has people install those credit card readers instead to steal money.

>After 2 mass shootings at the center of Paris in a single year I didn't think anyone would take gun control seriously.

Apples to oranges, France has a different population and different laws.

Except in this day and age of monitoring activity the US still hesitates to makes use of the surveillance to immediately send police while a crime is about to take place.The fact that people think they need guns to protect themselves shows that the police and the government has failed to provide the necessary security to stop crime altogether.

There's gonna be a lot to fix. School shootings only count for a very tiny minority of gun related murders in the US. The vast bulk of it is gang related violence and that's a whole different issue on it's own. But if you really wanna drive down gun violence start with the gangs.

Yeah, it didn't occur to me till the very end though, and then I was just laughing my ass off because of how absurd it was.

The only response to this stupid statement is just to question their sense of reality.
In what word do you live in where guns magically disappear because they're outlawed? There is no force large enough in the U.S. to go door to door and commit to such a process, Australia is proof that compulsory surrender doesn't work so don't even suggest it. If you're gonna advocate some preventative laws, at least stay within the boundaries of reality.

>In what word do you live in where guns magically disappear because they're outlawed?
Hey, it worked for Chicago.

Ins't gun freedom on us to avoid a possible coup d'état more than security?

Fucking this. When will yuropoors actually do their research instead of getting it from retards whining on twitter?

Once the government and police provides the necessary security to stop crime altogether, we'll be living in a dictatorship. And crime will probably still exist.

People have a natural right to self defense.

>School shootings only count for a very tiny minority of gun related murders in the US
B-BUT MUH 18 MASS SHOOTINGS IN A MONTH!!!!!!!!

>There's gonna be a lot to fix. School shootings only count for a very tiny minority of gun related murders in the US.
Like a dozen children are shot dead every month in Chicago, but one school shooting happens in a white rich neighborhood & everyone loses their god damn minds.

>Caring about 3/5 of a person

>350 million people in the us
>only around 11000 people are murdered with guns
>almost half of that 11000 is gang related
>crime rates have been going down as gun ownership goes up
>Mass shootings are so rare that people make a big deal of it every single time
A lot.

>one 606 sqkm city=the entirety of the US
Yeah, that's not happening.

schools should have guns lessons, and every kid would have their own assault rifle.

lol

Children are people too.

I know you're just memeing so I'm not mad at you,

But isn't half that number suicides, stray bullets from off property, and accidents?

It's pretty fucking sad really that people just consider inner city violence to be a normal thing not even worth thinking about it. But I guess part of that blame goes to media companies honestly. A story involving 20 kids getting shot dead at a school is a lot easier to market to people than some kids getting blasted to bits by gangbangers in the ghetto every month. It's all just one big fucked situation.

I'm glad we agree one school in Florida does not = he entirety of the US. Finally we're on the same page here.

im all for gun control if you could actually remove them all.

but you cant, guns are part of our world, take them away and only bad people will have them.

just like with illegal drugs.

>guns are only for the people unfit to use guns

Should syndicated cartoons be allowed to get political?

What if a character gets meme'd into a hate symbol?

Granted, actual school shootings are on the rise. But with the way our culture of attention seeking, and the subsequent mass 15min of fame publication is, it starts to make sense why it happens. Not few decades ago it was false bomb threats, but people have a short memory.

>We need to give out Nazi president all our guns!
I don't even argue with people on the other side of the gun debate anymore. They're constantly contradicting themselves to the point where they make my own arguments for me.

>and for hunting

Meh, you can hunt with a shotgun or a bolt action rifle. You don't need a semi-auto rifle and you definitely don't need a pistol.

There's a reason people in the NRA call them "Fudds".

Actual wholesale gun violence? Oh most certainly.

But one thing I have noticed so far in this year are people going on about how many mass shootings where some loan nutter and his spooky phantom A.R. 15 Satanic Rape Assault Cannon Rifle Killmaster 8000 shot up a bunch of people, citing the Wikipedia page that lists every school shooting in the country all the way back to the 1700s finally enough, and a lot of them are very small in body count, if they even had a body count to begin with. Or all the non-school mass shootings.

>Should syndicated cartoons be allowed to get political?
If they're for kids, no.

Im really beginning to fucking hate this show
I dont care how many people fucking die, it shouldnt take away our rights just because some dumb highschool brats or thugs get shot. Fuck you

I'm going to have to agree. Even if it's satire, I don't think children understand concepts like that. Most just take things at face value. It's just going to confuse kids.

Except there is and it's called the US military.

You aren't going to stop a government funded army today with your 9 mm user.

>security = dictatorship

I hate this argument so much. If everyone consents to placing their security in the hands of people whose job it is to protect does not make it a totalitarian government.

>beginning to
Did the furry acceptance episode not set off enough red flags?

>Like a dozen children are shot dead every month in Chicago, but one school shooting happens in a white rich neighborhood & everyone loses their god damn minds.

Illinois has very strict gun laws, actually. The overwhelming majority of the firearms come from the neighboring states that don't.

>Actually advocating for the disarmament of a people by it's military.

You think Enid is constantly in heat now that she's a rabbit?

>us military
> Having near enough personnel to go to every house in the U.S. and grab their weapons
>when the couldn't even successfully do in the shiteast

There's two things wrong with that argument. One. Criminals don't follow the law. If America theoretically banned all guns they would just smuggle them into Chicago from the Canadian or mexican border. And Two. Criminals don't follow the law. Now I know that's really one point, but I felt it was SO important, that it was worth mentioning twice.

>People unironically defending mass shootings

>literally ends with "call your representatives!"
Absolute madmen.

>Sup Forums boogieman
Ok, let's talk about the gay agenda being pushed in this show. Can we go in that direction?

>When did they make this? Weird how it ended up airing during a time that'd make it really politically relevant.
You forget that America has a mass shooting once every few weeks.

Is it a good thing I avoided following this show?

Isn't this kind of pointless since ko can do more damage as tko and Mr. Gar can elbow anyone into oblivion. The fact that people have world ending power makes this a joke. Hell they have a kangaroo with a black hole in its pouch.

>Unironically believing violent crime has anything to do with the legal availability of tools of violence.

>ugh people have different opinions to my posts
>better make sweeping generalizations at alienate me further from reality

My issue is the argument is awful and lives in a strawman world, If you go around shooting a gun like that you would be put in jail

youtube.com/watch?v=x2YC5cVxTcQ
Literally, every argument they make has been debunked for years

Yes. Yes yes it is.

There are no currently airing cartoons worth following.

You mean Europe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism_in_Europe_(2014–present)#2018

They're already saying that the government should control speech to avoid hurting minorities. If they gave Trump the 1st amendment so easily, why wouldn't they yield the 2nd?

Then why are you on Sup Forums?

I never thought Steven Universe would be the show with a pair....

Sup Forums doesn't stand for current cartoons.

>COMICS and Cartoons
Not him but come on.

Yeah, this show is shit now

>There are no currently airing cartoons worth following.
That can't be true can it? Will we look back at cartoons from the 2010s like we do the 70's & 60's. As a Dark Age for cartoons best forgotten?

This happened a while back but Spongebob got a lot of shit for having an episode about unemployment.

There are some good comics, and good shows are coming (venture, Mike t) soon.

Gentle reminder that during WW1, Germany offered Mexico troops to invade Texas.
Mexico ignored the proposal, because they said Texans had too many guns to be easily invaded.