What's it going to be like /co?

Will the new TMNT have any value to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ijgRyNeeF5I&t
youtube.com/watch?v=jOuSCfJgpd8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first i've seen of this. not really liking the artstyle. is raph supposed to be a steroid addict or something? everyone else seems more slender.

He’s also the leader now.

Looks like ass, but it also looks like a concept and not an actual production still.

Is April black?

You'd be surprised at how many shows get fucked permanently due to early concept art.

To this day, people STILL think Alfred in Beware the Batman literally goes on patrol with Batman and shoots around dual pistols at all times.

Yes.
And Leo is a Rebel with a hot streak.
its like.. THE FUCK?! That's like making wolverine the leader and turning cyclops into an idiot just to make wolverine look.... Oh fuck.

What's the appeal of this April
Race aside, she isn't marketable at all

I'm the only one who is worried on how leanardo don't looks anything like his old versions?

He don't look like a calm leader, just a smug asshole without any trait from the ones we know

They're all different species of turtle this time around. If I recall correctly, Raph is a snapping turtle, Leo is a red eared slider, Mikey is a box turtle and Don is a soft shell turtle.

I'm willing to give this a chance.
Im pumped to see Raph as Leader though. Too bad he'll be replaced my Leo in season 2 (if there is one). Raph has always had the potential to be leader. If he didn't have his "anger" issues he would be the most powerful member of the team. I wanted to see that here but oh well

>If he didn't have his "anger" issues he would be the most powerful member of the team
But that's wrong.

Eh, I like Raph being the most naturally strongest while Mikey's the most naturally agile and athletic.

Leo isn’t the leader anymore. Raph is.

I want to see an alt universe where Mikey starts taking shit seriously and just turns into a rape train

Well strongest?

Raph, Mikey and Donnie would be all OP if they didn't have the restraints that placed them out of the leadership role.

Raph being hotheaded allows Leo to be leader and not him.
Mikey being lazy allows Raph to be the fastest and best fighter
Idk about donnie and leo though

That's basically what they're going for. they probably figured "he's not marketable!" and decided to erase him and replace him with the "cocky braggart" type character.

Too bad "power" means jack shit for being a LEADER. The 2012 series did a GREAT job of showing that in the episode where raph took over.

being leader isn't some anime bullshit of "I am the uber character and my job is to win the fights!" its to *lead*.
Hence leo may not be as good a fight as raph, but he knows what to do, how to think on his feat and coordinate plans, and when to defer to others-- Look at how leo would, when the situation calls for it, basically hand things over to Donnie when a technical situation came up and then reassume command after that.

Anime has gotten everyone thinking that the captain's job is just to be the best fighter.

They need to make the Robot TMNT instead where mikey is a ninja master.
youtube.com/watch?v=ijgRyNeeF5I&t

What the fuck is /co

"She's diverse! Haven't you been reading what everyone's saying about black panther? Being diverse means you're AUTOMATICALLY good!"

First of all, calm down.
I wasn't saying that power = leadership. Without Raphael's anger issues, he actually could be one of the most powerful team members (Skill); along side Mikey. In TMNT lore, Raph usually had the potential to be leader, his mental state just held him back.

2nd, 2012 did a pretty bad job displaying Raph's leadership skills. They got rid of the whole Raph/Leo; two sides on one coin dynamic. Raphael had the potential to lead along side Leo. it's just that he's too brash and hotheaded. That was the only roadblock. That's why 2012 Raph was the ONLY Raph to ever panic when he took charge. Him and Mikey and sometimes even Donnie were shafted in character development of 2012. There's been alot of complaints about that. Raph being underused and cowardish, Donnie only focused on April for the majority of the series, and Mikey was borderline retarded and inconsistent. Only Leo had the most meaningful arc. Besides, Raphael was always known to have the bravest and most protective at heart out of all the brothers.

3rd, I don't watch anime.

here's what it's supposed to look like

those are powersuits in that clip, just regular kids in them

hah, so it looks even worse than the promo art. if it was a show of 5min episodes i could see getting away with that but not 15min

11 minute episodes put the final nail in the coffin.

Threadly reminder that April was never black and anyone claiming otherwise is a (You)farming faggot that should be ignored.

Personally, I think it looks awful.
Where is Leos other katana? Where is Mikes nunchuks? Where is Raphs sais? Why is April suddenly reduced to Generic Tumblrbait: The Character?
Their weapons are as much an iconic part of them as their headband colors, and helps giving them each a unique silhouette

inb4 some smartass points out they all had red headbands in the beginning

Typical offsite shitposter/shill error to fuck up the OP like that.

Impressive. They somehow managed to make it look worse than the concept art.

Here comes the Leonardo brigade.
Can't last one minute without getting butthurt over someone else's opinions. Bunch of fangirls.
easily the most sensitive of the turtle fans

Why is raf the hulk

LOL

>Anime has gotten everyone thinking that the captain's job is just to be the best fighter.

No kidding. If you ask me Naruto and Luffy are abysmal leaders. Then again in Naruto's case EVERY SINGLE HOKAGE IS HORRIBLE at their job. Except the Second Hokage who had common sense. Anyway Naruto is a moron, despite being a fucking idiot he gains the respect of the whole village, so what if he's Ninja Jesus, he's not someone you want leading your city or whatever because he never shows actual leadership qualities like how Shikamaru did.

Luffy from One Piece, what does he do? He's just a punchy moron who because he's the main lead is supremely powerful. But the actual leader of the Straw Hats if you pay attention is Nami. She's the only one who has a BRAIN. Remember, Luffy is a pirate who does NOT know how to sail a ship so without Nami he was never going to sail his ship decently.

I guess anime has taught a generation that being dumb but sociable means you are destined for greatness even though in reality such incompetent and ill-equipped people would never get far and shouldn't be rewarded with boss/leader status.

Except Raph isn't dumb,
He has actual traits of a potential leader; he just needs to control his anger. With the exception of 2012 and OT.
No one cares about anime.

Such diversity.

Mikey looks good/decent/better than the rest which is all I really care about. Still wish it could've been youtube.com/watch?v=jOuSCfJgpd8 I know that it's just pseudo-anime but it looks so much better

she was black at some point, and besides tmnt is gonna be around forever so its not like its a permanent thing or whatever

And? The only thing I said was that they needed to do that so Mikey could be a ninja master like he is at the end.

...that's actually worse.

What the fuck this looks completely different, the OP makes Raph look like he's motherfucking huge but this one he's only slightly fatter

I said race aside
The glasses are fucking dumb
Her clothes are..different sizes?
At least the bat is cool?

I hope they give don the respect he deserves

See She was named after a black chick the guy knew. She was never black herself.

Mikey, Don and Raph need more development in the series.

being a nerdy girl is "cool/hip" nowadays because it shows that she's capable of succeeding in the businesses of today and not just there to look pretty