Who are some writers that Alan Moore doesn't respect...

Who are some writers that Alan Moore doesn't respect? I think I've heard somewhere Moore not particularly liking Frank Miller as well

Is there anybody Alan Moore does like,

Moore wrote the introduction to an edition of Sin City I think
Moore and Miller are pretty good friends irl

Moore did a pisstake of Miller's Daredevil run (pic related), but it was pretty tongue-in-cheek, and all other evidence seems to point to him respecting the guy professionally.

>Who are some writers that Alan Moore doesn't respect?
Why should I care about who he likes or not?

Anything Moore said after 2000 can pretty much be discarded. He's literally gone into full contrarian retard mode.
In regards to Miller I can't tell if this is an affectionate parody or a takedown, but Moore really has no leg to stand on with this one so I think it has to be the former. I think their beef started when Miller wrote a singular line in 300 that had Leonitas make a remark about the Athenians being "boy lovers", and Moore decided to do the whole ACKSHULLY thing in relation to Greek Culture's acceptance of homosexuality and Pederasty.

J.K. Rowling

he wrote an introduction to DKR so i don't think there's actual bad blood

>Who are some writers that Alan Moore doesn't respect?

No idea. I have heard that he respects Fraction, Kelly Sue and weirdly Kate Leth?

Alan Moore is British so his opinion doesn't matter.

this sounds like trolling because what leth could he have possibly read?

He also likes Kieron Gillen's stuff

Loeb told a story about Moore's birthday party at a Comiccon forever ago

he likes Gillen, Ennis, Ellis and BKV

>Is there anybody Alan Moore does like,

Alan Moore.

actually I have my doubts there, too.

Alan Moore doesn't have 1% of the talent Johns does. Plus on top of that he's a hypocrite.

>Alan Moore doesn't have 1% of the talent Johns does

Is there anything that Alan Moore likes? Aside from that snake god thing?

That just seems like a parody, nothing malicious.

Moore and Miller are friends.

Used to be friends. Moore hasn't liked Miller for years. He ragged on him over his opinions on that Occupy Wall Street movement. Moore's burned bridges with a lot of close friends over the years. He won't talk to Steve Bissette or Dave Gibbons anymore. And with each year, his circle of friends keeps shrinking.

Nice sour grapes Alan

>He ragged on him over his opinions on that Occupy Wall Street movement

What was his opinion because the way I see it there's two Occupy movements. When it started with a clear message of financial inequality and then when it went full retard with everybody shouting over each other about any oppression you can name

Neil Gaiman.

>Everybody's been too damn polite about this nonsense:

>The "Occupy" movement, whether displaying itself on Wall Street or in the streets of Oakland (which has, with unspeakable cowardice, embraced it) is anything but an exercise of our blessed First Amendment. "Occupy" is nothing but a pack of louts, thieves, and rapists, an unruly mob, fed by Woodstock-era nostalgia and putrid false righteousness. These clowns can do nothing but harm America.

>"Occupy" is nothing short of a clumsy, poorly-expressed attempt at anarchy, to the extent that the "movement" – HAH! Some "movement", except if the word "bowel" is attached - is anything more than an ugly fashion statement by a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves.

>This is no popular uprising. This is garbage. And goodness knows they're spewing their garbage – both politically and physically – every which way they can find.

>Wake up, pond scum. America is at war against a ruthless enemy.

>Maybe, between bouts of self-pity and all the other tasty tidbits of narcissism you've been served up in your sheltered, comfy little worlds, you've heard terms like al-Qaeda and Islamicism.

>And this enemy of mine - not of yours, apparently - must be getting a dark chuckle, if not an outright horselaugh - out of your vain, childish, self-destructive spectacle.

>In the name of decency, go home to your parents, you losers. Go back to your mommas' basements and play with your Lords Of Warcraft.

>Or better yet, enlist for the real thing. Maybe our military could whip some of you into shape.

>They might not let you babies keep your iPhones, though. Try to soldier on.

>Schmucks.

>FM

ding ding ding we have a winner

>Miller eats babies as wall graffiti
That's actually pretty good.

Based Miller

Of the top of my head he has spoke favorably of Warren Ellies, Garth Ennis, Eddie Campbell, The Hernandez Bro, Neil Gaiman, Kieron Gillen, Kevin O'Neill, and Bryan Talbot.

>In regards to Miller I can't tell if this is an affectionate parody or a takedown,

It's the former, fool! It was in an series where Moore also wrote an essay where he spoke glowingly of Miller's work.

He didn't turn sour on Miller until the 90's.

>everybody laughed at this five years ago
>he was right after all

Johns pls.

what do you guys think the DCEU would look like if morrison was in johns' position instead?

>London
>British

Kek, this is somewhat accurate.

Except Miller's run wasn't humorless, it actually had lots of comedic moment with really good timing.

A David Lynch joint. But not in a particularly good way.

>What are you, some sorta retard?
>He predicted All Star Batman
BASED

old man yells at The Cloud

I love Miller's work and he's one of my biggest personal inspirations as a creator but I hope I die before I get old like him