There were some funny things in this show. I mean it isn't great. It's mediocre at best...

There were some funny things in this show. I mean it isn't great. It's mediocre at best. And definitely not something I would pay to watch. But it had some funny jokes.

Like when Mitch McConnell was trying to get Trump to tell him what's bothering him and he says "We're all pretending to be friends here." And I like how Mitch always whistles when he pronounces his S's. Or when Eric was being one of his dad's impersonators and Donald made him stop. So Eric handed him his bodysuit which was a giant ass and big mantits. Or when Melania was complaining about Karen Pence and Trump said "Honey, until I get a better job we're stuck here so make nice with Karen."

The character designs aren't bad. I liked Trumps character design and his voice. His sons were funny too. The animation leaves something to be desired though. It feels cheaply animated and stiff at times. It actually kind of reminds me of those old LiquidGeneration animations that would make fun of celebrities. I wonder if some of those people do the art for this show.

So anyway, for those that have seen it what do you think about the show? It has a lot of room for improvement. What would you do to the improve the show and make it funnier?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jRnwcKH3XpA?t=571
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What would you do to the improve the show and make it funnier?

Make Drumpf dress more like Hitler.

Eh, that doesn't seem very funny. I'd rather see more wacky adventures and shenanigans.

you sound like a shill

go back to univision

yes

How do I sound like a shill?

Yes.

>So anyway, for those that have seen it what do you think about the show?
When I saw that Stephen Colbert was a major part of creating Our Cartoon President, I was at first interested. Then, having thought about it a moment, I realized that he already does another show where he makes light of world affairs and probably can't stretch that material far enough to cover two shows .. I didn't care to finish watching the first episode because the jokes were stale and predictable.

Also, why does Donald Trump's voice actor affect a John F. Kennedy accent sometimes?
Write a different show about a different topic

I haven't seen it, but I think a REALLY good show about U.S. politics would be ALL of it. Get all the presidents in a show together. Get some history buffs with a sense of humor. Have the presidents hang out and do stupid sci-fi adventures together.

It'd be amazing.

Holy shit, that would be hilarious.

It's pretty mediocre by merit of its own existence. Trump oversaturation just burns comedy people out, and it's pretty disappointing that Colbert was a big part of getting this made. He went from being a genuinely subversive character on Colbert Report to being this lame mainstream comedian who isn't really relevant anymore.

Do you happen to work for SNL by any chance?

The whole bit with Melania and Karen was garbage.
The dialogue sounded like it was written by a facebook group by moms who think they're funny.

You showed your hand, shill

Ok buddy. Whatever you say.

>It's not good
>But here are the better jokes which I will tell you at length.

It's okay. Sometimes we like cartoons that aren't very good.

>who isn't really relevant anymore.

Yet Sup Forums can't stop bitching about him almost every single day and he's currently the biggest and most influential network talkshow host on air.

I said it was mediocre and sometimes funny. Then I gave some examples of jokes I liked which I summed up each in one sentence. Then I asked people what they thought of the show. I don't see how that makes me a shill for a show.

I don't think people really realize just how large a part the writers were in making guys like Colbert, Oliver and Stewart what they were. People kind of assume that the sharp political wit came from them individually but when you take them away from their writers they become something else entirely. Jon was probably the closest to a real talent there considering he can actually hold his own in an interview but Colbert is completely lost without the Daily Show team behind him. Colbert spent years coasting on good writers and now that he's got to make nice for the network he's pretty much unwatchable to me. Oliver does alright sometimes but he's really only got one delivery and he's driven it into the ground. I found him funny for a few episodes but now his jokes are predictable and his constant obsession with digging at Trump just makes my eyes glaze over. I get that Trumps a bad guy but I just can't bring myself to care anymore. I often find myself wishing he'd just drop the comedy entirely and become a legit investigative reporter. When he's not railing on about Trump or trying to get a cheap round of applause from his braindead audience his show is actually pretty interesting.

The cartoon completely fails in capturing Trump at all. Might as well be a fictional president.
His face is so smug in that picture while Trump looks like a mix between sad and angry while trying to be happy because he is so insecure.

I really like it, and it seems to be getting better each episode. I'm on board.

I mean, you shit your pants on the subway, you'll get attention. Ain't hard to get noticed.

user. Everybody shits their pants on the subway. Have you never been on a subway before?

So... like a funny version of Conduit 3?
youtu.be/jRnwcKH3XpA?t=571

I don't like it because it makes fun of the guy I like (that others unfairly do not). If it instead made fun of a person I hated, I'd be more interested (about time, fucking bias). So call me when anyone dares make fun of Obama. On a completely unrelated note I hate people who can only appreciate satire when it's "on their side."

If you're paying attention then that makes it relevant.

as a Trump fan I enjoy this show, but its more because its more like Homer Simpson as President than it is Trump. I mean, most of the jokes you can replace the characters with some original character and it would still be funny so that's why I like it. Though its blue pilled as fuck

But...but that would take actual creativity and clever writing and TALENT. Why bother with all that when you can write a show around recycled jokes and low-hanging fruit? We've an agenda to push here.

>Get all the presidents in a show together.
>Have the presidents hang out and do stupid sci-fi adventures together.

But then it isn't really about satirizing current politics, now is it? it's fanfiction parody of specific presidents as people and not their policies.

>this thread
OH BOY A THREAD I HAVE TO HIDE TO RETAIN SANITY. JOY OF JOYS

Why though?

Alright, buckle up fucker. This is a sour topic for me because none of the abortions who make shows like these understand how to make politics entertaining to anyone above a 4th grade mentality.

My problem with 99% of political satirists and comedians is that they inevitably come to the conclusion that their input on every matter is the most important shit people will ever hear, and can no longer recognize the line between agenda and entertainment. It no longer becomes about being funny and instead becomes about getting an opinion across and declaring "acceptable" beliefs for the audience to have. Their goal is not to create entertainment or humor, rather it's to create an echo chamber where the popular beliefs within their audience can be affirmed. It's the reason why political cartoons are shit and it's the entire basis of entertainment for hacks like Stephen Colbert. You will never see a single creative, clever, or challenging thought coming from these "comedians." They attract the people who agree with them like flies to shit and won't dare step out of their comfort zone, lest they incur their audience's wrath.

If you ask me, there is a single prerequisite for political entertainment to reach even the basest level of quality: a willingness to challenge and make jokes at the expense of your audience's political beliefs. If they don't have this, as far as I'm concerned they're garbage and both the writers and fans should be flogged like the plague rats they are.
(1/2)

Classic South Park is a good example of this. They made fun of every single aspect of society. If you exist, South Park has made fun of you. King of the Hill is an even better example, a show where every episode presents a political topic in an exceptionally creative way while still being grounded in the mundane stylings of the show. It's a precious treasure that always leaves the viewers with something to think about, because the showrunners don't treat them like drooling retards who can't be trusted to form their own opinion.

On the other hand, this vile filth you've posted; this reprehensible, disgusting pulp of toxic sewage that you have so disgracefully shat onto this undeserving board is the exact opposite of what a political satire should be. Just by taking a single glance at this orange-tanned, small-handed, bulbous caricature that everybody already did 2 years ago, you can tell right away what kind of show this is going to be. The "funny jokes" you posted only eliminate any lingering respect a well-functioning human being could have for a show like this. This is a show that takes no risks, that doesn't dare to challenge its audience. This is a show for people who hate Trump to comfortably turn off their brains and receive a steady stream of affirmation that Trump is bad, wrong, and dumb using the lowest hanging fruits. The showrunners are not breaking any ground or sticking it to the opposition by making this show, because it's a show for people who are already familiar and in agreement with its messages. There's nothing to take from it and nowhere for it to go. The only way to improve this show is to kill it like the decrepit mistake that it is.

You legitimately disgust me OP. Unlike other people in this thread, I won't assume you like this show, because I don't need to. You are an unfathomable disappointment for even thinking that there's a single redeeming factor in this pile of actual shit, and for your sake I hope you're a shill.
(2/2)

I liked him more as a character. People couldn't give their standard answers when he asked them something insane and that often showed their cluelessness.

we all did.

Colbert without the character is a neutered cuck.

He looks like a sesame street character.

Maybe this would have been amusing as a kid when I didn't care to read news articles about political happenings. Now it just feels weird seeing something like this. I WANT to enjoy it, but I don't know if I can watch it without constantly considering better alternatives for my time.

lol

It's too safe. They never mock the Democrats. This is because it's obvious political propaganda, but it's an untapped comedy goldmine. Half of the jokes are "hurr durr look how retarded [person with some connection to Trump] is hurr durr i'm so retarded". Colbert is...Colbert. He was barely funny with a laughtrack and needed other people to write jokes for him; the jokes he personally writes are lackluster. The other writers are good for a sensible chuckle every now and then but they're really hampered by Colbert.

Frankly, a comedy set in the government during the Trump administration would be far better than lolDRUMPFXD.

anyone else remember Spitting Image? i hated spitting image, i am guessing this is something similar

>They never mock the Democrats

What is the point of mocking people with no power?

>"So who is running your party now? Its like a flock of seagulls fighting over a bag of potato chips?" -Cartoon trump episode 1. I'd be neat if they did it more,frankly had no idea there was even 2 other episodes.

kek

It's fun.

this cartoon is not about comedy or fun.

i hate you for reminding that game exist

I actually really like this idea. Sad thing more people would rather make a political statement rather than an enjoyable show.