The Tick Thread

"I'm not trying to take over the world! I'm trying to take it back!"
I think my math checks out. Can somebody double-check?

This also applies to Green Goblin.

Fingers crossed for season 2. Also got a kick out of The Terror accepting that Ms Lint got to the escape pod first. Hope next season they focus more on Tick since Arthur's arc is done.

Season 2 is confirmed.
Keeping finger's crossed for Chairface. Since he originally comes from the comics, there is a realistic chance of him appearing
And, yeah, this season was pretty much "Arthur and his sidekick Overkill (and his sidekick Dangerboat) VS The Terror, feat. Tick". In the later episodes, Tick was barely even there.

I really loved Overkill as a parody of overly edgy superheroes.
My favorite moment was when he was like "I'm dead. Literally the only thing keeping me alive is hatred and my superior™ training™"

Ironically enough, I think Chairface would work better with the more grounded tone of the show - he'd actually be horrifying rather than slightly more deformed than the other villains.

And adrenaline.

Did the second half of s1 come out?

yes it did, about two days ago.

Superion dies
Lint becomes American Maid/Captain Liberty
Tick is revealed to be a robot designed to kill superion
Overkill and Terror crash into a mountain and (presumably) die

His boat is gay though. No really, it's literally gay

No, his boat, which identifies as a male boat (not the postal kind) is attracted to a man.
It is hard to even call it homosexual, since "homo" means "same", while Dangerboat and his lover are very different from one another.
Didn't you pay attention?

oh, that explains the "we just live together" line back in the first half.

As somebody who has never read the comic, but have seen the previous TV show and the cartoon:
What other characters can actually appear in the show?
If I recall correctly, both american maid/captain liberty and diefladermaus/batmanuel were TV-originals, and I feel like Lint/Overkill are gonna be their equivalents (Lint's name is even "Janet".
Sewer urchin is out of the question, but I think I read that man-eating cow was in the comics?

Just a shameless bhmp

The first few issues had idiot ninjas led by a fat guy who ran a Disney-style Ninja World. And there was Paul the Samurai. Other characters I remember were Barry the Other Tick, and the Chainsaw Vigilante.

Oh, right: they had a Superman parody character too.

Man-Eating Cow was in the comics. He was first introduced in the issue that introduced Chairface Chippendale, for that matter.

Other characters that were in both comic and cartoon:

Fish Boy
Big Shot
Four-Legged Man
Feral Boy
Mighty Agrippa
Thrakkorzog
Tuun-La
Multiple Santa
Captain Mucilage
Pineapple Pokopo
Barry

There was also a lot of characters from the comics that didn't get to show up in the cartoon or the first live-action show, like Paul the Samurai, Oedipus, Chainsaw Vigilante, and so on.

Yeah, the Caped Wonder. Tick drove him crazy in the comic story. The cartoon version was only used for "can't change into his costume" jokes. He didn't show up in the Warburton show, but there was a different Superman expy named Champion who was a guy who ran an exclusive superhero club that prohibited women and minorities, and his secret identity was a lawyer. I don't think either Caped Wonder or Champion will show up since Superian already filled the Superman analogue role.

also military-grade adderall

The boat's gay, man.

>multiple santa
Oh god please
It's one of my favorite Christmas episodes across all of animation

Multiple Santa got lucky, he was introduced as one of the Terror's henchman when Edlund was doing the comic, but then Edlund bailed to work on the cartoon so he never did that story (though I guess it probably might've been like the cartoon episode the Terror was in).

sewer urchin

Was a cartoon original, will never happen in the show

Is there a guide for the comics? Google comes up with a lot of versions, is The Tick: The Complete Edlund the definitive one?