Games that would make good animated series

First up, Overwatch:

I mean, its pretty much GI Joe already. They even have a cyborg ninja.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vaZfZFNuOpI
youtube.com/watch?v=rsALYBXPnV4
youtube.com/watch?v=5nzeQ-vHF34
youtube.com/watch?v=Bn6b36Z4kl8
youtube.com/watch?v=rGx9_wABzlA
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Shroud
youtube.com/watch?v=JQQGd43Lqxk
youtu.be/PRHSi4hBHSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Megaman if execs weren't so retarded.

Overwatch would have been better as an organically growing serial instead of a reverse engineered "gotta catch 'em all" of minorities designed to line up with the number of playable characters.

Unironically I think Skullgirls would make an absolutely fantastic animated series

It would be painful to see if they would have to dull the artstyle to budget the animation, but I would love to see the story told through another medium for sure.

>that reinhart short

>That Doomfist short
youtube.com/watch?v=vaZfZFNuOpI

Getting an obvious one out of the way. Shit, the universe is packed with potential for so many stories I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

>supa dupa evil mastermind who destroys buildings by punching them before release
>not fast enough to catch tracer
>not tanky enough to stand in a hail of bullets
>ulting winston canonically beats him
He was such a letdown honestly and they nerfed him even more.

>>not fast enough to catch tracer
>>not tanky enough to stand in a hail of bullets

Except he does both of those things

I know about Mr. Shitface and everything, but I would kill to see a Psychonauts cartoon

I think he means in-game. The short was epic, but it certainly didn't reflect his final performance in game. I kept saying he should've been a offense oriented melee-tank instead of straight attack but nooooooooooo...

>Mighty No. 11
>Z-Engine: The Game of Grills
>Memewatch
>Fucking Fallout
>Psychoflops
Glad Sup Forums lives up to its tastes.

Dont be so angry, Overwatch and Skullgirls would really make a good series.
And to make you even more angry,

League of Legends would really make a good series
youtube.com/watch?v=rsALYBXPnV4
youtube.com/watch?v=5nzeQ-vHF34
youtube.com/watch?v=Bn6b36Z4kl8
youtube.com/watch?v=rGx9_wABzlA

Supreme Commander.

A cartoon about how the actual people live would be aces. Maybe there'd be one ACU Commander as a main character.

I would watch the shit out of The Neverhood. Especially if they kept the claymation

>one of Torb’s Rabbit Dwarf children is the new character
>not based Talon REX

TALON-LAAAAAAAA when?!

The problem with animated series is that they're not a medium you can adapt to in order to easily "cash in" on a franchise. It has no mitigating factors, comics don't need more than a few people to work on them, games can sacrifice story and pacing as long as the gameplay is fun, toys are a tangible good you can easily make profit off, live action series don't require a lot of resources, books can be made by just one person, meanwhile cartoons have none of those advantages, but they do have the added hurdle of being arguably the most difficult to produce, and hardest to make money off.

League of Legends

Would you read, watch and pay for The Silver Shroud Sup Forums?

>fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Shroud

>youtube.com/watch?v=JQQGd43Lqxk

You can still catch tracer in a punch if you're good, most tracers are really predictable.
That short makes him seem like a tank though and you're right he feels paper thin in game.

Smash T.V. Because why the fuck not. youtu.be/PRHSi4hBHSM

Id love to see it done.

talon-aligned anti-zenyatta evil omnic when?

here we see the man who shits on everything to make himself seem like he's smarter than everyone else!

Not at all, I'd be too mad that they ignored a setting absurdly rich with story potential, both episodic and serialized, to focus on a joke quest.

Shantae.

>character that was used to attract male audience was just a bait and switch and they revealed her to be a fucking dyke
Nah, fuck this franchise

if you didn't see that coming with Tracer you're a fool. Having a white woman as a lesbian with an offscreen partner is the safest LGBT representation Blizzard can pull without offending anyone but nerds like you.

Care to further explain in greater detail?

You would have 3 ideally. Season 1 is a UEF, Season 2 is a cybran, Season 3 is an Aeon, and all three happen at the same time, each season ending with black sun being fired.
Season 4 is all three working together against the seraphim.

How can you say that? Its completly offensive. The one sex appeal character is a fucking lesbo and doesnt like men which turns off tons of fans and is a big fuck you to all male players, and of course another dyke gets representation but actully LGBT men get ignored. I fucking hate lesbians, theyre all smug misandrist jerks usually.

What needs explaining?
There are 50 states in America, hundreds of vaults, dozens of factions, etc. to create stories from.
Focusing on one sub-par noir hero created for a lackluster quest isn't just stupid, it's negligent.

That said, I wouldn't mind a series based around Fallout's pre-established comic series' like Grognak.

He's from Sup Forums. Avoid eye contact and you'll be fine.

Even if the story would be shit the character interaction s would be worth it

>The one sex appeal character
>Virtually every girl wears a skintight bodysuit
>One openly shows cleavage
>"BUT TRACER IS THE SEXY ONE!"
Uhhh....

Shes the one they showed off the most, thankfully they didnt ruin best girl mei yet

And everything has gone nice with G.I Joe cartoons in the last years

MTG

She also looks like a boy. The dyke reveal really shouldn't have been surprising.

How the hell does tracer look like a boy?

On that note, Yu-Gi-Oh!
Not as it currently is, but card lore has a wellspring of concepts, much like MtG.

>dyke haircut
>twig thin
>giant fucking contraption covering up her already tiny tits
From her design I'd think she was either a dyke or a trap

That doesnt make anyone a dyke, beaides she already has a nice ass anyways

>>character that was used to attract male audience
But that's Mercy and she's str8.

Make way for the champ.

Yes, she does have a nice boyish ass doesn't she?

>boyish ass

TF2 can be a good bizarre adult swim-comedy

Sounds like you suck at Doomfist m8

I think the real dream is a Psychonauts film by Laika. Their style is perfect for it

Sly Cooper. I know it’s getting a series, but it’s using the disgusting CG of the movie trailer when the games would be perfect for 2D animation.

This isn't Sup Forums, we can have fun here.

>Tfw Reaper will never Approach McCree alone in the night with offer to join Talon with Him
>McCree will never lambast him for his Treachery, the part he played in the destruction of Overwatch with his Petty Jealousy, and His Hunting of their Former comrades, refusing his offer on the Grounds that he's not the Dumb Punk he was 20 years ago, and that While Reyes may have lost his way and Honor, he hasn't.
>The Two will never fight it out in a desperate battle as McCree tries to escape from the Talon Forces Reaper brought with him as a plan B, with flash back montages showing Reyes teaching him the very skills he uses to oppose him, managing to hijack one of their vehicles and almost escape before Sombra hacks his robotic arm and makes him veer off and crash
>Widowmaker will never suggest indoctrinating McCree, to which Reaper threatens violence, as he’d rather see his pupil die than be turned into a soulless automaton like her
>Reaper will never justify his contempt to a surprised Sombra, stating that Widowmaker barely even qualifies as human anymore, as they follow the blood trail of a wounded McCree.
>Reaper will never Prepare to put down his old Pupil, only to be stopped by Unknown assailants arriving at the last second in an armored vehicle to Spirit McCree away.
>These mystery saviors Will never be Winston and Tracer, looking to bring the old Gang back together and tying Mcree into the main plot.
The only way an Overwatch cartoon would work is if you remove all of the Blizzard writers and replaced them with people who actually gave two shits about story telling, because they just waste everything

Dragon Age had a weird Japanese movie, but it could probably work well as a cartoon (presumably more so than a live action movie if Warcraft is anything to go by). Not sure if it could find a decent audience though since serious cartoons with adult themes don't tend to do all that well.

can i ask does the adult swim games have any affiliation with cartoon networks adult swim. I really want a documentary like animated show for rain world

wtf how not posted yet

You know what games would make good series? Any game with barely a plot to begin with, because it gives the writers and director practically any direction to go with the premise. There was never anything there to begin with.

warhammer 40k of course

Paladins and Planetside 2 would be great cartoons. Though Planetside would work better as a movie.

Castlevania did pretty good. I super love DA lore so I'm down, but I don't know what a show would be about. It'd be hard to reenact a game's plot without the pc. Maybe something about Bull and the chargers pre-inquisition, or a cartoon about young Duncan would work.

I just find the concept of waking up to find a continent-spanning army outside your window interesting. It'd be like Gundam, but with more Total Annihilation.

How about XIII? Okay, it's more of a Sup Forums thing, but that case is because of the game. Also it had a TV series which is live action, but not an animated one.

WHY
WHY THE FUCK
EVERY GAME HAS MULTIPLE 2D CUTSCENES
FUUCKCKJSHAVVS

Hey man, stranger things have happened. There was a live action Prince of Persia and a live action Assassins Creed, it was terrible but it happened.

They announced a movie for this years ago.

I'd watch it
Maybe they'd finally give Mustache girl something to do

I pity anyone that has not played this game

And married to Roadhog.

But user was talking about Mercy not Zarya

I'm thinking they could do what the books usually do and follow some mostly unknown characters' adventures while characters from Origins and 2 are mentioned and make small appearances. Something about Bull would be cool too, or they could adapt Hard in Hightown when it comes out.

Honestly, I could see it on Adult Swim, as there are cosmetics based on Venture Bros. (Not only from the Poker Night Games) and a set to make The Heavy look like Carl from ATHF.
Wasn't Expiration Date supposedly a pilot for a series?

>TFW we were supposed to get one but Valve was too lazy to produce anything more than the Expiration Date short.

It still hurts after all these years.

Who's the cyborg ninja in G.I. Joe?

easy

Yes please.

Yep. And true to Valve tradition, they were too slow in making it and [as] lost interest.

Runescape: The Animated Series
Discuss now.

So because you hate the idea of a woman not being into men, and all 2 of the lesbians you've ever met are "misandrists" you're this mad about Tracer?

Free stuff plox

in the same spirit as lego cartoon series but with runescape lore (xD) it could work

Great game, but I'd vastly prefer a psychonauts game. Especially since that's where HiT lifted most of its ""charm"".

Problem with a GI Joe style Overwatch show is that most of the good characters would be villains or recurring third parties who work for other organizations.

>starring an all Russian cast

What the fuck are you mad about faggot? Go cry on Sup Forums

Aren't you a little bit embarrassed to be taking this guy seriously?

Really? A Hat in Time's charm and tone seemed pretty different from Psychonauts

A return to good old sci-fi.

Didn't you get the memo? Valve doesn't make games anymore, all their time is spent making steam even more bloated with garbage then it ever has been now that there are no limiters to what's allowed on there. How else is Gaben going to roll around in money like he was fat scrooge McDuck?

The Shadowrun games

>short hair is a dyke haircut
What century are you from?

You put the remakes... not the fucking original good shit like shadowrun from snes

Just give me an actual Shadow series instead of a parody.

Eh, I can see all of them coming together as one series. First season being the snes shadowrun with the expectation that most of the events that happened during it were just one of the megacorps using it as a propaganda show for them.

unironically minecraft

I'd watch the animated misadventures of Ciaphas Cain.