WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: Black Panther

>Ava DuVernay and F. Gary Gray were approached to direct the movie before Ryan Coogler was hired.

>Coogler wanted to use Kraven in the movie, but couldn’t because the character’s rights belong to Sony Pictures.

>Early drafts featured a subplot about Elijah Bradley, a teenager from Oakland who is influenced by both Killmonger and T’Challa, but the subplot was deemed superfluous and scrapped.

>The first cut of the movie was four hours long.

>Early cuts featured an extended sequence of T’Challa and Nakia discussing their past relationship while jogging through Wakanda, passing by several of its landmarks before arriving at Nakia’s house, where her parents voice their support for T’Challa, which was cut for pacing.

>Early cuts featured a conversation between T’Challa and Everett Ross in Shuri’s laboratory, in which Ross voices his admiration for Wakanda and vows to protect its secret out of gratitude for T’Challa saving his life, which was cut for pacing.

>Early cuts featured an extended sequence of Okoye and W’Kabi debating their opposing ideologies after Killmonger’s ascension, which was cut for pacing.

>Early cuts featured an implied lesbian attraction between Okoye and another Dora Milaje, Ayo, which was cut because it undermined Okoye’s relationship with W’Kabi.

>Michael B. Jordan previously auditioned for Falcon in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER and was also approached for Cyborg in JUSTICE LEAGUE.

>Yahya Abdul-Mateen II auditioned for M’Baku before Winston Duke was cast. He is now playing Black Manta in WB’s AQUAMAN.

>John Boyega was approached for W’Kabi before Daniel Kaluuya was cast.

>Ernie Hudson was approached for T’Chaka before John Kani was cast.

>Wesley Snipes and Chiwetel Ejiofor were previously linked to the role of T'Challa in pre-MCU versions of the project throughout the late 1990's and early 2000's.

So aside from getting to see a little bit more of Wakanda and it's city we lost pretty much nothing, and luckily dodged a number of bullets.

director's cut when?

>Ernie Hudson

Oh fuck

>and was also approached for Cyborg in JUSTICE LEAGUE

Man, did he dodge a bullet.

I think he did voice Cyborg in the Flashpoint animated movie, though.

Now I'm bummed out

>Early cuts featured an implied lesbian attraction between Okoye and another Dora Milaje, Ayo, which was cut because it undermined Okoye’s relationship with W’Kabi.
Jesus fucking Christ.

Watched it yesterday, and a Black Panther movie could probably have benefitted if it were made some 20 years ago. Kinda wish Wesley Snipes had managed to make it.

AYO HOL UP

Why? Why any of that?

I'm glad they didn't waste Kraven the way they did Klaw.

there's never been a director's cut of these movies, though we may get the deleted scenes in the Bluray extras

Well, Wesley Snipes apparently had a legit interest in the character and making the movie, but everyone he talked to kept wanting to link it to the Black Panthers movement for some fucking reason.

As for wishing it were made well before, I felt like fitting it into the MCU pushed it into a direction, and so did the current politics climate. I'm not a huge fan of all the CGI utilized, and in my opinion the visuals were too busy. Wakanda looked like a mess, and some character visuals just had too much going on. I'm just a fan of more classic stereotype looks. Also didn't like the pacing, which happens a lot with late MCU movies, feels too dragged out.

>original cut was 4 hours long
Damn, that's a LOT of deleted scenes they can include.

I would unironically watch the fuck out of a Director's Cut of the movie.

It's such a shame that MBJ's character died but he really did steal the show as well. I'd rather his talents be put to use in BP than meander in the DCEU.

Honestly, Ray Fisher killed it with what he had to work with in JL. It's just such a shame that they probably don't have any real ideas of what to do with the character now.

That sucks. Ernie Hudson is fucking fantastic. Legit one of the most underrated actors of his time.

Now I'm a little bummed Ejiofor is already tangled up with Mordo.

It's canon, though.

what's to stop them from crossing over?

He already took the Fantfourstic bullet. He might not have been so discriminating with his choice of roles if he hadn't.

I imagine Warner niggas chatting him up, mention the cyborg role and Michael just spending the next five minutes having a Nam flashback before running out of the building screaming

>undermined Okoye’s relationship with W’Kabi.

You mean all two lines of it?