AVENGERS 4

What we know so far.

>Rumored titles are AVENGERS: INFINITY GAUNTLET and AVENGERS FOREVER.

>Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Vision, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan, Maria Hill, Nick Fury, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Loki and Thanos are all confirmed to appear.

>Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson and Tom Hiddleston are all reaching the end of their contracts and it’s unclear whether any of them will return for further installments, although they’ve all expressed interest and there is a BLACK WIDOW movie in development.

>It is the “final chapter” of the MCU. All loose ends will be tied up, the status quo will be radically changed, and numerous characters will be permanently written out.

>Evangeline Lily has already stated that Wasp only has a small role in the movie.

>Iron Man and Pepper will officially be engaged.

>At one point, Hawkeye will be fighting crime as Ronin in Tokyo. Hiroyuki Sanada is playing the leader of the Yakuza in this subplot.

>At one point, Iron Man and Ant-Man apparently travel back in time to the Battle of New York, although conflicting reports claim they’re actually just using Iron Man’s memory machine.

>Rumors point to Thanos using the Infinity Gauntlet to revive certain dead figures such as Quicksilver and Crossbones in order to emotionally torment the heroes.

>Rumors point to the deaths of several characters, most notably Captain America, Iron Man and Loki.

>SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING 2 will begin “a few minutes” after the end of AVENGERS 4, and Peter Parker will be deeply affected by the events of the movie, adding credence to the death rumors.

Any rumors about Hugo Weaving returning as the Red Skull?
if there aren’t, you wanna start some?

Avengers Forever sounds good

Yes to Red Skull
No to Hugo Weaving

>Rumors point to the deaths of several characters, most notably Captain America, Iron Man and Loki.
>SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING 2 will begin “a few minutes” after the end of AVENGERS 4, and Peter Parker will be deeply affected by the events of the movie, adding credence to the death rumors.

Well Iron man is dead.

I honestly don't think they'll kill Stark. They'll give him a happy ending, engaging him to Pepper and making him Director of SHIELD. That way RDJ can appear for 10 minutes once every blue moon and cash those sweet millions.

>>Rumors point to Thanos using the Infinity Gauntlet to revive certain dead figures such as Quicksilver and Crossbones in order to emotionally torment the heroes.
That is such an easy thing to write that I don't know if it legitimizes the rumour, or discredits it as the fanfic bullshit it may be

>Peter Parker will be deeply affected by the events of the movie,
And Michelle will bully him.

No to your life.

>Hawkeye will be fighting crime as Ronin in Tokyo
Fuck yeah please

>AVENGERS FOREVER
That last shot where Hawkeyes sitting in a empty parking lot.

"AVENGERS FOREVER....avengers forever.."

*zooms out*

*foop*

... bet none of you Millennials will get this reference.

>It is the “final chapter” of the MCU.
So am i the only one who thinks the movies will steadily become less popular and less profitable after avengers 4?

It's hard to predict the future, but they're probably gonna become a lot more niche without going out of style this soon. Stars were fighting their way to get a Marvel role (or a DC one believe it or not)

Avengers Forever sounds too similar to Wakanda Forever?
Hawkeye is gonna die huh lmao

Maybe yes, maybe no. People said (specifically on here) that Black Panther was a "filler" movie between now and IW and here it is making a cool billion, probably even surpassing it.

The money will keep flowing as long as the marketing is there and the stories people wanna see.

I meant there are no rumors about him returning
They could just recast

People are forgetting that Disney just acquired Fox and they're probably looking to incorporate the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, Galactus, etc. into the MCU, which is gonna be huge. I could see the MCU lasting for another 10 years just because of that.

The solos will be fine imo. But capturing a similar hype after 4vengers' sounds tough as fuck.

Apparently, that Harley kid from Iron Man 3 is in Avengers 4. If there really is time travel shit, I could see him becoming Iron Lad.

I don't understand this line of thinking
These movies are basically just action movies that have consistent branding
They aren't gonna go out of style

>Avengers 4ever!!
No

nah, RDJ may not want to do it physically anymore but make him a CG A.I. and boom. He gets to be the new Nick Fury.

I was hoping for something more spoilery but considering it involves time travel it's probably Avengers Forever

>>Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Vision, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan, Maria Hill, Nick Fury, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Loki and Thanos are all confirmed to appear.
>>It is the “final chapter” of the MCU. All loose ends will be tied up, the status quo will be radically changed, and numerous characters will be permanently written out.

These people are still alive in Avengers 4...
Time stone nonsense.

It might be the case had they not just gotten Fantastic Four and the X-Men back. Plus Spidey and African-American Panther will never not be profitable.

>Happy Hogan
THEY BETTER FUCKING NOT KILL HAPPY

>
RIP Ravage... or was that Rumble?

Why wouldn't Hugo Weaving return? Does he not like superhero movies, or did he just not enjoy his time on set?

>Day 4, woke up to Christ Evans standing over me with an electric razor, nearly gave me a heart attack
>Day 10, Tobey still refuses to give back my toothbrush. Not even sure I want it back, but I'm basically being bullied by a Hobbit at this point, and a Sackville-Baggins at that
>Day 20, Evans shaved my head last night. I'm not even sure how he did it, it's stupidly smooth, there's not a hair or a razormark anywhere. Reported it to staff, they didn't care
>Day 21, Evans is taking me out for drinks tonight to make up for it, seems genuinely apologetic and didn't seem to understand why it would be offensive. Will accept, but probably won't invite him to any of my wine tasting sessions
>DAY 22, THE BASTARD DYED ME RED, HE DYED ME RED AND BROKE MY NOSE. IT'S SOME KIND OF MAKEUP, AND IT'S NOT COMING OFF
>DAY 24, IT'S STILL NOT COMING OFF
>Day 25, Went to see director today, he applauded me for finally getting into character. Was too busy having rage induced aneurysm to correct him

I want Evans to shave my head.

I can never get it quite right.

He'll live and Favreau will finally get to make a Demon in a Bottle movie to make up for Iron Man 2, you'll all see!

Maybe some of those secondary characters like Groot, Vision and Winter Soldier will end up dying in battle. Maybe Iron Man since I think he's gonna end up killing Cull Obsidian in battle (Thanos son). Thanos will rather capture the other avengers in his spaceship prison and make them his "horsemen" with the soul gem, for the universe conquest plans, then Warlock will save all

In interviews he always has a snooty attitude towards comic and action films.

>>Iron Man and Pepper will officially be engaged.
I still think this was a mistake. Her leaving him in Civil War was powerful and added weight to his mistakes.

>Iron Man’s memory machine.
TAHITI

NOT CANON

I dont know man. Superman was one of the highest grossing movies of all time when it was released, and it came out 40 years ago! There are plenty of superhero movies nowadays but even back in the 80s and 90s it was a proeminent medium.

Though I know what you mean. In my opinion, Superhero movies will only stop profiting once everybody in the world becomes uninterested with virtually all forms of superhero, related media(including comics, animation) because then people will not go through the effort of making a big budget movie about them.

these days at least its the most profitable trend in cinema.

This.
Whereas people like Tom Hiddelston really get into capeshit because it's the modern equivalent of Shakespeare in terms of how over the top and melodramatic it is, Weaving has always said shit like this and Transformers was beneath him, just a paycheck.

Hugo Weaving didn't even want to come back to Bayformers. Let that sink in, he disliked it so much that he didn't care about the pay or the ease of recording lines in just a room by himself.

Could be Cap too.

The pressure that comes with being part of a big budget project is too much, schedules and etc become way too weighty.

In the end, with all variables added it might not be worth it, though the guys doing the project obviously like it a lot and have their reasons to do them. I think it'll be interesting to revisit this era of movies 30, 40 years from now

Actually from The Temptations movie, Paul Williams suicide scene.

>capeshit
>modern equivalent of Shakespeare
Sup Forums is full of brainlets.

Do you think the success of Black Panther will change the next phase's writing, by having him step up to replace Cap, or are they married to building around Carol Manvers?

Leave Phase 4 to me.

>Reminder Shakespeare wrote and performed not only in front of royalty but also (and primarily) the common man.

Your cultural elitism is showing pal

How many times do people need to be reminded that the Disney/Fox deal still needs to approved by the federal government. That acquisition is not complete till next year

Phase 4 leads are going to be Strange, BP, Peter and Carol (if Carol doesn't bomb)
Honestly, I would've preferred for BP2 and Spidey 2 to not happen at all, and instead the two team up against Kraven or some shit

I know, but I'm just saying. Marvel could very well have the leverage to extend demand for the MCU for another decade. They probably wouldn't even need the Fox characters.

I didn't know that, sorry.

>being in touch with the common man is the same thing as mass producing vapid banal garbage

Woah buddy.

because they had the means to do that in Shakespeare's time.

How about Spidey and Daredevil teaming up to take down Kingpin?

The only people who could perhaps reach Thanos in terms of villain buildup are Doctor Doom, Galactus, and Kang the Conqueror. Kang seems like the best fit, what with time travel shenanigans and a new age of Avengers. However a well written Doom could do wonders

that'd be a dream

The Netflixverse is too half-in-half-out of the MCU to allow this.

Doom was ruined by 3 shit movies, no way is Marvel turning to him in the near future. Galactus is a sure thing, unless they want to do some weird shit with a Secret Invasion plotline

Shakespeare was considered vapid banal garbage at the time you fucking idiot.

I wish but the chances of happening are slim.

You could say the same thing about The Fantastic Four, and yet it's a safe bet Marvel will try to flip them in the next couple years. A slow burn, behind the scenes Doom mixed with that amount of time past might be enough. Furthermore, general audience will eat up a villain that's essentially Iron Man meets Dr Strange. Not much you can really do with Galactus unfortunately unless all of his heralds are in play

in 1996 maybe

Who said we had to invite weiners like Jessica Jones and Iron Fist?
Just Daredevil, Kingpin, and a few supporting characters like Foggy.

>Evangeline Lily has already stated that Wasp only has a small role in the movie.

What if Spidey catches Wasp in one of his webs. Does he try to eat her with his spider instincts kicking in?

fuck off vore fag

They want to recast him retards they are killing him off to reserve the young Tony in a few years

This isn't even true.

Trying to honestly argue that the Marvel flicks are comparable with the works of the greatest dramatist of all time is laughable.

Sony already said--unless something happens otherwise--Spider-Man is "gone" after Homecoming 2 and won't appear again.

There's the on camera interview with Feige and Pascal where she drops that bomb on him and he visibly is not thrilled to find this out.

I'm seriously convinced that Sony is allergic to money. There can't possibly be any other explanation.

>he visibly is not thrilled to find this out.
he know she's gonna die to give Stan Lee another minute of life.

Like they'll actually stop the mouse from doing anything, what kind of crack are you smoking buddy?

They, more than any other company, convince me they think Mel Brooks' The Producers was a documentary and not a satire.

Amy Pascal is a fucking retard, shit just falls out of her mouth and people have to scramble to fix her crap.

Not saying it's not what's gonna happen, but you can't deny she is.

What a pseud you are man.

As bad as the sony hack was those emails were an incredible insight to how these decisions get pushed through.

To be fair, that comment by Pascal was predicated on Sony's stupid-ass strategy of letting Marvel build up the viewing base for this version of Spidey, then take him away and either squeeze a better contract with Marvel, or if Marvel refused, insert him into their Venom + Silver&Black universe.

But now that Venom's trailer got a critical beating, and they delayed Silver&Black, they may have to rethink the gamble.

A Wasp has already been cannibalized in one Marvel universe too many.

>make a Venom trailer with no Venom
How could people not like it?

You're joking, but in the 70's the Wasp did have an irrational hatred for Spider-Man because "spiders and wasps are natural enemies".

If it revives Klaue then I'm 100% for it. But the cast has been largely released so if those characters were to be revived, we'd have seen their names on the docket.

It was Tony's low point. Since CW he's been on the upswing. It makes sense that she'd come back to him after that change, especially considering they work together.

>They want to recast him

No, they don't.

Venom is there.

Slightly.

Rumor has it SONY Japan/HQ wants to sell off SONY Pictures and is sick of their shit.

they've said they'll just recast Tony, etc. It makes more sense that he and Pepper would "retire" for a while and Black Panther/Dr Strange/Carol will take over.

Thor might die bc Ragnarok and dying is a Norse thing.

They probably wouldn't. It's meant to be a surprise.

>Wasp-Instinct

Fuck off, Janet. That's not a thing.

>Avengers Forever
Yes

Either that or Assemble

That's the glorious bit about Avengers 4, we'll finally get Cap rallying EVERYONE with "Avergers, Assemble!"

>(if Carol doesn't bomb)

It won't. At worst it would be just "alright" like Doctor Strange or Antman. Disney has the audiences figured out.

>ease of recording lines in just a room by himself.

I heard he did some of the lines from Dark of the Moon on his phone. OH HIS FUCKING PHONE.

It feels so weird how everyone is hyping up IW so much that knowing there's a follow up just feels weird.

Avengers 1 is already Avengers Assemble in the UK, because of, well...

I mean, if they really want to name it that, it won't stop them, it'll just be a spanish-style confusing movie naming convention.

I wonder how they'll do it. I mean, we all know the plot of IW will be halfway through by the end, and AntWasp and CapMarvel will introduce things that will play into A4, but I wonder how they'll actually do the end of it.

So, an ending like Pirates of the Caribbean 2? Or something more stable?

They can't quite WonderWoman it, but they'll come close. They know how to, Black Panther proves it.

>mass producing vapid banal garbage
This is exactly what Shakespeare did though. He put out a fuckload of material and only a fraction of it was any good.

They will shill Carol it as it is the best thing to happen to women since the right to vote?

Apparently he hated having to go through the hours long make up process.

> Sup Forums leaks ever being true

Here we go again

We've had numerous proven leaks.

And this isn't even a leak, it's just rounding up publically available information.

Boo fucking Hoo. Ron Perlman did it for a sick kid as Hellboy.

Well, it's not like sick kids wanna see the Red Skull

sick alt right kids do.