So, what’s Sup Forums‘s thoughts on Transformers Energon?

So, what’s Sup Forums‘s thoughts on Transformers Energon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rwIMfy_yaRw
youtu.be/mp1CX-ghfJY
youtube.com/watch?v=T2TiZo2n_F4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Huh?

I don't remember much of it, but I am still not sure why the Decepticons turned heel after they turned face while fighting Unicron in Armada. Especially Starscream considering how cool his face turn was back in Armada.

Because he was a mindless ghost/zombie thing with no free will of his own.

Not that the show wasn't a complete mess, but Starscream was rebuilt by an external party without his memories, so he was essentially a new person. Pretty much every Decepticon except for the brothers and combiners at some point had existential terror applied to them, where they were turned into someone else through brainwashing, transplanting into a new body, or otherwise being screwed with.

isn’t this anime?

Barely.

The armada/energon/cybertron saga is pretty kino, but energon is the weakest imo. The comedy is bland for children cartoons standards and the animation is pretty trash the way it moves between Cgi and hand drawn. It's still pretty good though, solid 7/10.

>Megatron turns into Galvatron three times

THREE TIMES!!!

Megatron, Galvatron, Megatron, Galvatron, Megatron, Galvatron.

I only saw Armada. The other two looked to ugly, and even as a kid I refused to watch them.

STARSCREAM!

Wut

>Cybertron theme song
Energon may have been shit, but it was followed with the most patrician opening theme of all time.

>Gets remade as a tool of Unicron.
>Doesn't call himself Galvatron and continues being Megatron afterwards.
Shit's weird.

I only remember Transformers Energon for one thing.

It's shit.

This cunt gets it.
youtube.com/watch?v=rwIMfy_yaRw

Reminder Starscream/Alexis is canon.

>My sword can either extinguish your spark… or make you a Decepticon again. You’re mine. Now don’t even bother resisting. You’ll only make it worse, and that could be painful.

youtu.be/mp1CX-ghfJY
I can't believe they aired the scene where Megatron raped Starscream.

I did like Scramble City Optimus, and his combo with Omega Supreme, Megatron should have been named Galvatron from the start, but him using his old body as a gun and sword was cool, and the bots with super modes were awesome.
I didn't really care for the pants and shirts combiners.

Megatron rapes everyone

I don't remember the names anymore, but apart from the whole Starscream shitfest, I felt bad for that one decepticon who was kinda happy working for the good guys but ended up a battle crazy goon for Megatron again. It was the one who had gatling gun fingers in Armada when he used his minicon.

Another thing I don't really remember, was there some drama among the humans about Starscream returning? The way he went out in Armada was damn emotional, so I expected a pretty big impact about his return... But I just don't recalle there being any.

That’s exactly what they did in Superlink, he was Galvatron the hole time,

Man I freaking loved watching this shit before school. Cybertron was pretty good honestly. Opening especially, though I'm not sure if it matches up with Armada's closing.
youtube.com/watch?v=T2TiZo2n_F4

I think I would rate that trilogy as Cybertron >= Armada >>> Energon

I never saw it but the figures are good

Bad

>Toy based on Wheeljack doesn't get called Wheeljack because toy based on Sideswipe got called Wheeljack.

And then Side Swipe was based on Nightbeat, which was the name of his Mini-Con partner.

>waking up at 5 am because Cybertron reruns only played then
You've hit me with a comfy nostalgia burst, user.

What thoughts? It aired way too early in the morning for anyone to watch.

I remember doing that. Saw a lot more episodes from the second half of the show that way.

Demolishor

His toy was great.

>That look like it hurt.
Sonic? Is that you?