Okay, is all her SJW preaching suppose to be tongue in cheek or do the writers think they're making clever commentary?

Okay, is all her SJW preaching suppose to be tongue in cheek or do the writers think they're making clever commentary?
She is so fucking despicable, it makes me think she's just a parody of modern SJWs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wmCPqRCEO6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She's in her 30's an everyone mocks her for leeching off her husband so the former.

A little of both. The creators genuinely believe in that stuff but she's clearly someone who's only a poser and doesn't actually care about bringing about any true change, only wanting to make herself look good.

In addition, her histrionics are played as a bad thing. She's someone who NEEDS a fight, who legitimately can't ket herself be happy, to the point that she's picking fights in a restaurant over being brought water she didn't ask for.

>Okay, is all her SJW preaching suppose to be tongue in cheek
Yes it is, but at the same time it isn't.
Postmodernism is one hell of a drug.

Jesus you people are fucking pathetic. Can’t even have a feminist as a CHARACTER or you throw your toys out of the play-pen. Why are you so afraid of people with differing opinions than yours? Why do you want to censor feminists and social justice types?

It always seemed tongue in cheek to me. Sort of like a modern Daria, she's supposed to be an obnoxious hipster.

Why you ask? Because we can.

Aslo the fuck is with her neck in that shot?

The whole gimmick of the show is that everyone is an asshole in different ways, even people like Mr. Peanutbutter. The only people who are genuine or good leave after an episode or two.

Feminists aren't exempt from criticism.
Feminism isn't exempt from criticism.

Just like in real life

Is real life episodic?

Adulthood very much is after a while. You move around, change localities, jobs, social circles, friends and family come and go and it's all tied together through various events.

More to the point, everyone is an asshole in their own way. The only people who seem like they aren't are the ones who don't stick around long enough for you to see it.

>legitimately can't ket herself be happy, to the point that she's picking fights in a restaurant over being brought water she didn't ask for.
Wasn't she stressed or in a really shitty mood when she did that and was misdirecting her anger onto the waiter instead of dealing with the problem the right way?

>even people like Mr. Peanutbutter.
Mr. Peanutbutter isn't an asshole, he's a fucking dog. That's it. That's his entire character.

Because I'm right, or because I'm wrong?

Even if it's not legit it's still annoying as fuck

>Dude Stop, This Shouldn't Be So Difficult.

It triggers Sup Forumstards so who cares?

She is a loser that lives in the shadow of her husband and is also a huge hypocrite

It's not the presence of criticism that was pointed ou it was the disproportionate amount of discomfort that feminists beget in this forum.

Discomfort isn't above criticism either.

"They good don't die young, they just haven't had time to fuck up the same as the rest of us yet"

she's a character. she has opinions. sometimes she's portrayed as right sometimes she's portrayed as wrong. she's not a mouthpiece for the writers
that would be todd

It seems that my post, pointing out that feminism isn't immune to criticism, has caused you discomfort as well.
After all, it also seems that OP's thread has caused you enough discomfort to post this: It's OK, user, calm down. The Handmaid's Tale is complete fiction. It can't happen in real life.

Just breathe, then exhale, slowly.

>yeah i really like this show but this feminist character is kind of annoying-
>RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He's overly eager and also inconsiderate to others around him, almost always assuming that they feel the same as him. He continually enforces his own viewpoint and emotional state on those closest to him, and when confronted about this he got very defensive and angry. This was a big deal when he was buying things for Diane that she didn't want, but he would have wanted if he was her, and the cost and pressure of the situation was causing her considerable stress. Not only did he not care, he got angry at her for feeling the way she did. He's an asshole. Everyone in the show is an asshole.

That and most of the time he's only nice because he's actually just as desperate for affection and acceptance as Bojack is, he just goes about gaining it in what he perceives to be a productive way. This has given the false impression that he's gullible and easily manipulated, but when pushed far enough he's proven he's willing to get as petty as Bojack in order to get what he wants.

I don't think I really noticed that, but it fits in well enough with what they show that I'd believe it.

She’s three quarters vietnamese and one quarter giraffe.

Yes. She’s a mouthpiece when the (unabashedly leftist) writers need her to be, but they also use her plot arc to mock modern day mainstream whitewashed (((feminism))). So she’s a serious character with right and wrong views, like real people.

It can be both.

>The Handmaid's Tale
>It can't happen in real life.
go back to your basement to play dungeons and dragons

I usually see people just bashing Diane’s side and defending Mr PB (not that Diane isn’t also wrong in her own way), and this is a pretty good take on why Mr PB isn’t totally right in the matter.

The pettiness really came out in the episode where they keep trying to one up eachother to impress Diane.

And the inconsiderateness is played for laughs with his accountant, but it also hammers home the point that he kind of doesn't care about people

It's true it's a joke with his accountant, but Mr. Peanutbutter isn't a total retard, he may lack common sense but he really knows people. He knows what he's doing to his accountant, he does it anyways. Just like he knows how Bojack feels about him, but continually ignores it because he's forcing their relationship to be what he wants, with no consideration for what Bojack wants. To yeah the accountant is a joke, but it's a parallel to almost all of the rest of his relationships.

Replying myself to say I don't mean to shit on Mr. PB specifically. Everyone in the show is an asshole, he's not really any worse than anyone else, but he's not exempt for this asshole streak either.

Diane "when i was a kid i dreamed of having this thing"

Mr. PB "oh cool hey i got you that thing"

Diane "what the fuck you selfish asshole why would you do that"

Diane's terrible, Mr. PB is too good for her.

Stiffy uh

It actually is clever, she talks a big game but when it came time to actually put something on the line she pussied out.

It was a romantic childhood dream that she shared with him because they're close.
It's pretty obvious that now that she's an adult she doesn't want it. Otherwise she'd make one herself, she has money for that.
But Mr.PB still went ahead and turned something silent and private into big spectacle.
And it's not like it's the first time that happens- remember Diane's birthday? Exact same problem, and she asked him not to do that again but he constantly ignores her discomfort over his actions.

>Otherwise she'd make one herself, she has money for that.
Well, in a sense; her husband's money.

>she's not a mouthpiece for the writers
>that would be todd
This. Todd is never wrong. He's buddies with a guy who lets him do basically anything he wants with however much money he needs and none of it ever comes back to bite him in the ass.

He needs to fuck up. I used to like him but he's started to become a little 'holier than thou.' If that's actually where his character is going and some sense of superiority is going to be his flaw, fine, but I don't think that's where it's going.

Honestly it's both their faults. She knew the kind of dog PB was before she married him. PB wants to try to fix everything for everyone.

She's also a millionaire from her lucrative writing career.

She did publish a best selling book, and has a day job.

She's not supposed to be 100% right or 100% wrong about anything. Being wrong about one thing doesn't mean she's wrong about everything. She clearly has issues and flaws, just like everyone does.

That's because he doesn't have money (yet). The show has that entire underlying theme of, "Oh and money won't make you happier either!" I think Todd gets that. Money flows in and out of his life but it isn't the thing that matters to him. It doesn't have the same control. There's something clearly wrong with Todd, but it also gives him a shield. Who doesn't have a need and love of money? Who would say "oh well I just blew a fortune in a small mistake... what are you doing next Wednesday?" His flaw of course carries into the negative, his own view of other peoples money is extended to this belief. He never feels guilty about losing or making money for other people. You see him establish what it'd be like to take matters (and money) more serious, in the episode where he has to have a useless pen. His explanation of why he behaved that way perfectly sums up why he isn't perfect, yet creates the happiness others around him seek.
He is not in any way holy, he is self absorbed like others, he is lazier, he's just not affected by material possessions the same.

Hah. No she’s not. She makes some money from it, sure, but there’s no way she’s a millionaire.

>canonically dating a dog
>only has 5 rule 34 images

fucking wow, this fanbase is dead
thought you guys were supposed to be the better rick and mordo?

I guess you're right but I'd like to see someone call him out on his bullshit at some point and him have some serious introspection happen.

All of the other characters get chewed out almost constantly by someone else who has the gall to act like they aren't just as bad except for Todd. He needs to be put in his place.

What place?

Bojack said she was unable to support herself in the first-season episode where they visit her family in Boston.

Dianne is a self-described feminist who relies completely on her husband, a wife with a glorified hobby (who doesn't want to start a family). The contradictions are surely deliberate.

H E L L

youtube.com/watch?v=wmCPqRCEO6M

I think it's because people around him are so shitty, that Todd does begin to think he can "help" and is the best example. But in real life, he's quickly reminded he's just another sap. Todd rides the up and down waves, and people are shit and take advantage or call him out pretty often.

I think you may have missed the point of Todd.

The point of Todd is to do a favor for his voice-actor.

Todd is the biggest fuckup in the show. Everything he ever has going for him just unceremoniously drifts out of his life and he's too passive to give a fuck. At least Bojack has a couple of friendships that he hasn't destroyed.

She's a fucking character in a cartoon. Maybe she isn't a mouthpiece for the creators at all, maybe people like that exist in the real world.

You're awfully triggered by a harmless character.

>harmless
He's kind of become a sink for running-time in the most recent season.

Oh no, some wacky jokes instead of a student film from a kid who has a hard-on for Faulkner in this cartoon about celebrity animals.

They think they're making clever shit but it does more bullshit that harms them in the first place. Diane constantly does self-destructing harm and then she wants to preach at a feminist level all over again. She's her own Occum's Razor.

>Can't even has feminist as a character

Actually we can, we just need someone who at the same time understands that their preaching is also kinda bullshit at it's own point. Not destroying their values but at the same point that understanding the flaws in their argument.

You give us an MRA loser? who doesn't think that maybe the MRA movement is a bit full of virgin losers who have no respect for women, nine times out of ten we're going to literally break that down. We like conflict within our characters. And Diane shows such conflict but she shoots herself in her shitty boots too much too often.

>his entire character is an animal but dogs care about what their mates wants on a daily basis.

Mr. PeanutButter however is a "niceguy" thinking that showering his lovers with gifts is gonna solve their issues and problems to the point where he couldn't just calm down infact on a situation. So yeah he's an asshole.

You're right; Diane does have shitty boobs.

>in the first-season episode where they visit her family in Boston.
You know she doesn't finish the book until later on, right?

>clever
not in the fucking least

She isn't real.

It actually is but you probably wouldn't know that since you aren't smart enough to work in the industry

This. I thought Mr. Peanutbutter was a giant douche when I first started watching, then I realized just how significant the dog aspect of him actually was. He's not annoyingly optimistic for no reason, he's just a stupid dog. He's legitimately not aware of why some people hate him, because he's just a stupid dog. Literally everything remotely bad he does can be summed up as he's just a stupid dog.

And I think it was mentioned in only two episodes afterwards? In one of which they're promoting it at a book-club in Alaska, a comically bad gig.

She is not a successful writer.

Once it came out it was literally on mainstream news. It was supposed to be a normal biography, and turned into a tell-all tabloid. People weren't into it until the shock of release. That was a damn plot point, it came between her and Bojack, how do you not remember? She made a lot of money off that book.

Dude her neck is so long

>he thinks a mildly scandalous celebrity bio that gets news coverage is going to make the ghostwriter a millionaire
gosh

It stops getting mentioned after only a little while. Makes it seem like it was a fad. A book that sells well for a short period probably wouldn't keep her going. And then she doesn't write another book.

I don't recall money she made being mentioned.

>go back to your basement to play dungeons and dragons

We have been doing that for years.

It wasn't until the last 6 or so years that wasn't good enough for SJW's/Intersectional Feminists/Literal Marxists, so they've been attempting to shanghai our hobbies for their unmarketable shit ideologies.

I will literally vote Trump the next time a SJW tries to force their bullshit into another fandom.

kind of shitty character design. The slightest gap in her hair allowing her shoulders to be scene would nix that optical illusion.

It's fiction. It did in the show.

Why do you keep trying to argue reality? What is your issue with her having money?

Problem is that a lot of anons do not understand how annoying and overbearing that sort of thing gets.

In an idyllic world her teachings are good. In the world of Bojack Horsemen the creators hold nothing sacred, be it left or right, Sup Forums or tumblr. Everything must offer their genitals to the staff's local mallet-smasher.

"character is all talk but can't actually do it" is not fucking clever, quit defending a shitty character

>In an idyllic world her teachings are good
What teachings?

It was explicitly stated that her writing career is a joke and she's flubbed the other jobs she's had as well, like the ghost-twitter thing. It seems obvious she's supposed to be a fuckup like every other major character.

Woman with respect (and, also idyllicly [starting to be my word of the day], men with respect), environment is secured (but somehow we are not hindered economically or functionally), war is ended, medical science improves tenfold due to focus on it, bla bla bla

She's a sympathetic parody, a bit of loving self-mockery by the liberal millenial writers. Sup Forums is filled with legitimately autistic people who can't imagine shades of grey so they go full malfunctioning robot when a character is anywhere on the spectrum between "/ourguy/" and "sjw cuck"

>show is about everyone being failures in their own way
>"nah, she's super successful, it all worked out for her"
Are you so insanely dumb that you can't see this as you're writing it out?

The show is about everyone being assholes, not failures. Bojack and PB are loaded, but you're telling me it's weird for a main character in this show to make money?

2.5 books, a Golden Globe, and a day job says she has money. Can we be done denying reality now, you dumb shit?

she's pretty successful career-wise and has an enviable resume. her issue is that she can't come to be happy or even somewhat satisfied with her state in life. she also is unable to face her problems and runs away to what's easy and less confrontational

Princess Carolyn is just trying to do her best and did nothing wrong.

>Okay, is all her SJW preaching
What SJW preaching?

I mean, seriously, what has she preach that might be SJW?

the closer I have is her saying she's a 3rd wave feminist, but that might only be a generation statement and saying women have the right to bear arms to protect themselves, which is really far off of what most SJW say and basically i just part of "people have the right to bear arms" anyway.

What's the the most outrageous thing she has actually said, honestly?

Anti-frakking?that's more of an ecologic thing than SJW.

I mean, people just assume she is a tumblrite SJW just because of her hair color?

>all this hate for Todd
I love that character. The hate for him is beyond me.

We here at the bojack horseman institute of Netflix originals are here for higher plot and character pieces, not lewds.

I think the bit about St. clair is a bit unfair.

The dude is actually helping in a conflict where it nearly impossible to do anything about it. I won 't deny his ego complex, but objectively, it never got into the way of the help that needed to be provided, so it can't really be hold against him.

>dad doesn't know anything about Bojack horseman
>walk in the television room just as Diane and Mr. Peanut Butter are starting to hate sex each other
>must. not. lose. composure...

>it never got into the way of the help that needed to be provided

He probably could have used his resources to save maybe a dozen more kids’ lives instead of building a statue of himself. It’s definitely preferable to have him still there saving some lives while also building the statue over not having him at all, but that’s still a fucked set of priorities when people are suffering and dying around him.

>He probably could have used his resources to save maybe a dozen more kids’ lives instead of building a statue of himself.
It was part of the art and craft activity. It really help traumatised kid to be able to do some creative work, in harsh time.

I always assumed the statue was build as the final touch ofan hospital in a time of relapse when people thought things might actually improve, just before it started to get worst again.

At worst you could say she's a poser that's just smart enough to know she's a poser. She's a feminist, but she depends entirely on a man to support her. She's a liberal, but she refuses to take on challenging assignments that would advance liberal causes. There's so little of her beyond her politics. It just makes her boring. She's an empty shell with political views she's unwilling to be consistent with. The abortion episode was the one time we actually get to see her do something outside of politicking, and even then she seems to care more about her non-existent career than anything real in her life. The fucking dolphin bitch took a moral stance on the issue that undermined Diane's preachiness.

She's not an SJW, she's just fucking boring. The only human action we've ever seen her do is hatefuck her husband.

>She's a feminist, but she depends entirely on a man to support her.
wrong. she has written several successful book. she can live on her own.