What was the ultimate lesson learned from American History X?

What was the ultimate lesson learned from American History X?

I still don't get it. Was the movie trying to redpill me or bluepill me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XhkKBdFanHU&t=1m22s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A bad environment can produce bad people. A weak mind can produce worse people. Race is not always the determining factor in who we are or what we will be remembered for.

Trying to be a "good" person and relaxing around blacks will get shot you shot.

already had that showerthought a lot of times, too.

i think maybe they just did their job well and they weren't trying to press any opinion on you. i still hope for things like that.

Be kind, rewind.

I've often wondered this.
I feel like they wanted to blue pill me and convince me to get enriched, but that final scene convinced me to never relax.

genuinely made me think...

No green card no fuckin work comprende

The issue with this movie is everything he said at the dining room table, and really throughout the movie was very logical and made so much sense, but Hollywood can't ever depict someone with his viewpoints being a rational and well adjusted person so they had to make him way too over the top with everything. The writers might of been left wing and just needed to make a character with completly opposite viewpoints, not knowing that he would come out having really solid opinions and observations that resonate with a lot of the audience. It was like an unintentional redpill.

>implying

In the original version the end scene is Derek shaving his head again after his brother is shot. Jews in Hollywood stopped this version.

Nigs nigging creates racism, but skinheads are also dumb.

That's just a rumor.

American History X is the ultimate subversive bluepill. They draw you in with the hardcore skinhead club meeting and the smug as fuck curb stomp. Then, they condition your neurons with the mean rapey Aryan prisoners and the loud, unrealistically friendly 'groid in prison. Then shove the blue pill right up your ass with no lube when he goes and saves his brother from the evil skinhead commander...then they get all preachy with "sins of the father (older brother, in this case) will be visited upon his children (younger brother, in this case)" bullshit. (((Hollywood))) is bluepill as fuck. Sup Forums just says it's "redpilled" because of the swastika tattoo and other NatSoc imagery.

The message is that people can be shitty no matter what race they are

Stop watching kosher films.

It's literally why the director didn't want his name credited to the movie you stupid shit

Shut up kike

there are bad people of every race
even your family (blood or otherwise) can be bad
generalizations are usually accurate, but it's pointless to pre-judge that all X people are Y
racism on a personal level is justified most of the time
people are different

NEVER RELAX

>try to make peace with niggers and give up the life
>niggers still kill you
there's the red pill, right there.

Let's ask the director. Pic very related.

the dumb nigger shoots the white kid simply for blowing smoke in his face. the movie is red-pilled as fuck

>i think maybe they just did their job well and they weren't trying to press any opinion on you. i still hope for things like that.

Fucking this.

Our media, movies, books, even games tries to force an opinion on you. I'm sick of it. Hardly anyone has their own mind anymore.

It had some mixed messages. The whole point was that violence just creates more violence. Derek had legitimate points about a good portion of blacks but there are plenty more who aren't like that. If you are ever going to make change for people to come together you can't be a nazi or a dumb nigger.
Norton came in and wanted changes to be made undermining the directors envision and got really butthurt, he didn't watch the movie till years after.
He was just a primal nigger, he got disrespected and thats all niggers can have is a false sense of dignity.

I feel like the movie is, ultimately, progressive/bluepill in its intention, but it's also one of the most realistic race depictions we've gotten out of Hollywood. Even bluepills need to acknowledge the ending, that even the best of intentions and reformation of beliefs may end in tragedy as a result of established animosity. And the main character is depicted as a fairly intelligent person, avoiding the stereotype that all racists are just uneducated, though there is plenty of that in the film (and, frankly, I think that accurately depicts a lot of lower-class skinhead culture).

This and dont OD on redpills to the point of going to jail because you are an idiot

I also thought that Norton going from hearing his dad say "nigger," to full blown Stormfag was retarded. That's some serious bullshit

youtube.com/watch?v=XhkKBdFanHU&t=1m22s

Really, though, has there ever been a more accurate depiction of stormfront/the trashier side of Sup Forums?

Literally a movie about a guy who is a Nazi, then gets but raped, then becomes a nigger loving cuck.

I'll let you decide.

Well they teach it in australian ((public)) schools so ima asume blue pill, but i feel like it depends on whos watching it.

In the end, in the real story, he goes back to being a Nazi.

Take from that what you will.

Read these.

Fpbp

It's very simple: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time.

Lil trivia fact for you: there is an alternate ending to this film where he shaves his head and is hinted he goes back to being a skinhead. It was scrapped for giving the wrong lesson or something.

Hatred gets you nowhere