/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Trying To Save Her Master Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E12/13: "Wolves and a Door/A World Between Worlds" (Mon 26)
Darth Vader #12: The Rule of Five (Wed 28)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: Jedi Night & DUME
youtube.com/watch?v=gapXiLIYifI

>Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

>Solo: A Star Wars Story TV Spot
youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=59&v=Xi9-oGOgd_M
youtube.com/watch?v=JAJ_5HdKsH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is she, /swco/?

Did Sheev want to go back in time to watch padme showering naked?

SHEEV ISN'T A CREEP

No, he wanted to go back in time to watch young Anakin showering naked

>What, EXACTLY, did Rian subvert in this movie?

1) Rey's Parents
2) Snoke being the big villain; It's actually just Kylo
3) Kylo steering to the light; Rey fails
4) Throne Room scene doesn't end with Kylo coming to the light
5) Luke doesn't come around and trains Rey
6) Luke said nothing to Rey initially, and threw the lightsaber away
7) Rey beats Luke
8) Luke isn't super powerful in the Force; Has cut himself off from it
9) Luke's only big display of the Force was a subversion
10) Luke died! Just kidding *it was a hologram* - DOUBLE WHAMMY, HE'S DEAD FOR REAL
11) Rey is the last Jedi, not Luke/Kylo/Snoke/anybody else
12) Rey has had zero training, and somehow did what Luke mocked her for suggesting early (lifting rocks) anyways because girls can't fail anything anymore
13) Rey doesn't turn to the darkside that the trailers and Kylo flirting was steering towards
14) Porgs aren't minions, he just abuses them the entire movie
15) The wrong asian died
16) "Is that qt female Wedge? Oh she died."
17) DJ was an obvious parallel to Lando - Oh he didn't turn good in the end
18) The codebreaker wasn't even supposed to be DJ
19) Phasma is back - oh she died
20) Holdo is clearly bad, possibly even a FO plant - Oh she's actually a hero
20) Leia dies way earlier than people expected because of the footage in the trailers
21) Oh wait, she's alive, and not only that - The only fucking classic character they DIDNT kill
22) Finn is going to sacrifice himself - Just kidding

Thats 22 subversion of expectations, theres probably more. Please note that I don't think all of these are bad, just that these are the most explicit examples of Rian intentionally doing the opposite of what fans expected, seemingly for the sake of it.

Star Wars introducing blatant time travel is a mistake that will haunt it till its dying day. Time travel brings a whole new level of plot bullshit to the mix and between that and the Force aka whatever the author wants to have happen, it's all downhill from here.

>he thinks this is new
casual detected

If a good writer use it to create AU where Anakin didn't fall and raised his kids, I will forgive it.

>Episode IX is brutal, everyone dies: Poe, Finn, Rose, Leia, etc.
>It all comes down to Rey and Kylo's big finale duel
>Rey strikes a mortal blow on Kylo and holds him in her arms as he dies, as they admit out loud their feelings for each other
>Rey becomes one with the Force and exits the space-time continuum - turning into the Star Wars equivalent of Godoka - and travels back in time to stop Snoke from seducing Kylo.
>Movie ends during a celebration scene. Luke, Han, Leia, Kylo etc. are all having a good time at a party. Kylo senses a presence and says it feels.. familiar.
>Movie ends on a Sonic 2006 note with Rey watching the party from a distance before walking away into the sunset

>reposting it
fuck off dude

Are you hype /swco/? Maybe sad Rebels is ending?.
Now that Rebels is about to end and we are coming closer to a new series, how would you rate Rebels? Was it a worthy successor of TCW?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=59&v=Xi9-oGOgd_M

I want this but only as long as Ahsoka, Kanan and Iden are there too

>Legends was so stupid
>they had ridiculous force powers like time travel
>...
>WTF? I love time travel force powers now

>Legends was so stupid
>they had ridiculous stuff like Sheev clones
>...
>WTF? I love that Sheev used force time travel to survive

>Legends was so stupid
>they had ridiculous stuff like the Yuuzhan Vong
>...
>WTF? I love the Yuuzhan Vong now, Disney is just so creative.

Is there literally anything Disney Warsfags won't gladly swallow when it's done by Disney?

>I didn't watch the episode
okay dude

Stop defending TLJ first.

I didn't even defend it, but your 'subversions' are literally just things you didn't like. Cry more theoryfag

>things nobody ever said

better than TCW imo
I have worst feeling that none of these characters will get the happy ending they deserve

yeah it was a really bad idea giving them a personal time machine they could use for the rest of the show when ever they want

You know whats sad of Rebels ending and Ezra possibly dying? That Ezra x Sabine will never be canon. Although to be honest i don't think Ezra sees Sabine like that anymore.

>I didn't even defend it
Then why are you so upset that someone pointed out the flaws in your precious movie, shill?

Why this never happened?

An overall disappointment, compared to TCW.
But then again, there were some pretty low moments in TCW.
Maybe with the next series Disney won't feel so afraid giving a show a larger budget and more freedom with the stories the creators can tell.

this just confirms rebels is TCW, the whole show is based off the mortis arc.

the mortis arc is the only reason we have rebels.

If TLJ is anything to go by all the cast and characters from Rebels are dead

youtube.com/watch?v=JAJ_5HdKsH4
anyone know good remixes like this?

You must be new.

You literally posted 'WEH I DIDNT LIKE THESE THINGS RIAN IS A HACK :('
go post your blog to reddit. I didn't like tlj :^)

I still like TCW better overall, though I feel it's unfair to compare them since they're different kinds of show.

>none of these characters will get the happy ending
Who does now since the ST came out? Only those who turn into force ghosts get spared from the shitfest.

I wonder if Lucas would approve of the time travel force underworld stuff? AFAIK he was the one who came up with the idea in the first place?

Mortis exists outside of the traditional perception of time and Qui-Gon's spirit in TCW mentions being able to perceive the past and the future at the same time, so the Force having a world that exists outside of time and space fits right in with Lucas's ideas.

>yfw george opened the time travel door in RTOJ

Maybe when the episodes actually mattered, which was 20% of the time.

user probably waster 30 minutes of his life writing that list, I think we can let this one pass.

I liked TCW a lot more. Rebels, by itself, is a good series. But It just can't compare it to TCW. the production values, the characters, the stories, etc. TCW is just flat out superior in all aspects. Both series started off slow, but I feel like TCW continued to build while Rebels peaked at the end of season 2 and just sort of tapered off by the end. Thrawn ended up being reduced to a cookie cutter Saturday morning cartoon villain as well. That being said, I didn't hate Rebels. I enjoyed it overall. I just expected more. Focusing on a six character team in self contained episodes as apposed to having a broader story about the formation of the Rebellion with arcs like TCW limited the series in many respects. I do actually hope Ezra survives somehow, even that seems unlikely.

>Casca returns one week
>Ahsoka returns the next

What a time to be a waifufag

Even the idea of time travel can ruin a series. Time travel is almost never used well and often becomes a way for a series to sidestep logic.

The filler is what made Rebels good. They serve to develop the characters. Not everything has to be serious business 99% of the time. Rebels is like Cowboy Bebop but Western

I wonder if the next series will be allowed to take more risks than Rebels. Having darker stories and scenes, like how TCW turned out in later seasons. Especially if Disney decides to put it on their streaming service.

No, he wanted to go forward in time to meet Bigger Sheev

I fucking love time travel or repeating events episodes

don't forget Chidori's coming back in the spring. It's a new golden era for waifus

Any fics that are at least passable in quality that pair Anakin and Ahsoka together?

This. And have Obi-Wan and Ventress living happily ever after in the AU too.

Scared off all social media

No, it did not. The fact that it took until season 3 for Sabine to even get any huge focus just goes to show how horribly they handled the filler.

>Rebels isn't edgy enough for me, Star Wars needs to be grimdark and mature like my animes and warhams

Introducing time travel also inherently introduces a multiverse because the two concepts are intertwined. Now the EU isn't legend, It's just a different timeline accessible from that confluence. As someone who loves time travel and multiverses, I fully agree adding it to Star Wars is in bad taste and will become a problematic crutch in the future.

Did people complaining about time travel being introduced into the series and how it will break everything actually watch the episode? Or did they just hear a vague summary about it?

It's almost like Sup Forums doesn't understand the point of the episode was to show why trying to change the past only makes things WAY worse
They would know if they had actually watched the episode, but now we're never going to escape 'TIME TRAVEL XD'

I wonder what the new series is going to be about
Better not be some stupid shit like the Resistance or some shit

I have a fic but it's a self insert oc instead of Anakin, and I wouldn't know how passable it is considering the huge amount of autism I put into it

I don't think anybody who complains about Rebels on Sup Forums has ever watched even one entire episode, because all of the complaints are one-dimensional and easily refuted. It'd be nice to talk to people who actually knew what they were talking about when they had something bad to say about Rebels instead of just saying THIS EXISTS SO ITS SHIT.

I would like that. I want a series that gets philosophical about the force, a series that actually gives us some new world building in the star wars universe. Something that tackles more complex and morally gray note, I'm not referring to the gray jedi bullshit. story arcs. But I feel like Disney has this mindset that everything needs to be kid friendly first. That every piece of content they put out is ok for kids and follows the same story structure, regardless of whether it's a video game, a book, a comic, or a TV series.

Some stories will be darker and more emotional for sure, I don't feel like we will get another Deathtroopers style story, or even a Republic Commando for that matter.

No, they didn't watch any of it and probably just read that dumb Screenrant article.

Not necessarily, as far as we've seen Asoka always survived, Ezra didn't change time and created a new reality, he did exactly what he always did.

I don't know, the story of the early days of the Resistance could be interesting.

What are the Flat Earthers of Star Wars?

no one watched it and every ones crying time travel, when it barely meets the the definition.

out of all the stuff in rebels this is the only thing dave pulled off right.

it must have been one of georges ideas.

No, they skimmed a summary and went "WHOA TIME TRAVEL WHAT THE FUCK"

You know goddamn well is going to be about the Resistance or Rey and Kylo children. Thats all SW is about

Do you mean in-universe or real world people behaving as stupid as flat-earthers about some aspect of Star Wars?

Because the former would be the State Atheism of Palpatine's Imperial Regime, and the latter would be people who thought Ahsoka was dead after seeing her alive at the end of season 2.

No. It has a handful of great episodes among a pile of dull, forgettable mediocrity. Kanan and Ezra remaiined the only good characters from start to finish. Chopper and Zeb never mattered. Hera and Sabine sucked every step of the way. The inquisitors were a joke. They ruined Thrawn. The space battles were frequently dull and slow. There was little violence or darkness throughout, too sanitized for kids. The animation was a huge step back. It brought back Ahsoka, but then refused to give her a proper ending by killing her and bringing her back agaib through the deus ex machina of time travel. I enjoyed the show, but it never achieve greatness or lived up to its promise.

It is new you idiot. The only time it wasn't used was outside of the cannon like with Darth Riven for instance.

Time Travel in general is a lazy plot device.

>EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT TIME TRAVEL DOESNT WATCH THE SHOW
Wew lad

Death Star Deniers. You can read about one in Legends of Luke Skywalker.

>the shield was up
>time travel breaks star wars
>intoxicated means high
>hyperspace ram breaks star wars
>futa is sexy

Well, it's true. If you actually paid attention you wouldn't be spouting such nonsense.

I did, and I think it's fucking stupid. Sorry I'm not in on the cult of Filoni.

>They ruined Thrawn
Confirmed for not having read his novel
>There was little violence or darkness throughout, too sanitized for kids.
pic related

I cannot believe an actual scientist at one point thought the idea of a multi-verse was a good idea.

No you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

>It is new you idiot
see

Introducing Time Travel at all (even to show that it makes things worse) is stupid. It creates problems and an easy out for writer who works themselves into a hole. Filoni should know better.

The shield was up you salty brainlet.

Let's share our retarded fan theories!

>A long ass fucking time before the trilogies, the galaxy was ruled by one being, who pretended to be a god.
>He basically had a monopoly on wielding the force
>he hid and suppressed all knowledge about the force because he feared that people would use it for evil
>at first he was benevolent, but after a while he became corrupt and began to misuse his power.
>eventually he is defeated by the father, the son and the daughter and they absorb most of his powers.
>they decide that people should know the truth about the existence of the force
>The son and daughter leave Mortis to teach mortals about the force
>The daughter goes to Jedha and the son goes to Moraband.
>This is how the Jedi and Sith come into existence.

>I didn't watch the episode, the post

Except the episode shows that the circumstances required to even do this are really, really narrow. It's like bitching that Force ghosts cheapen death despite the ability to do that also requires a very specific set of circumstances.

Explain

I read all three of his novels. The only god damn ones that count you stupid nu-canon child. This show and the new book utterly destroyed that character.

You mean a TV series that is like: If a giant boulder is falling down the hill and will smash into a village killing many people, is it morally ethical to use the dark side, even if it is evil, to save the villagers?

Kotor II was the closet we ever got to that.

So you admit you didn't read the new book

>It's like bitching that Force ghosts cheapen death
Edgy fucking fedoralords have been doing just this for years

Well, because it is actually a sound theory. The potential for a multiverse to be real does exist.

Watching them establish an intelligence gathering presence on the fringes of both known territory and legality, one funded by the change found under the couch cushions at the New Republic's Senate's lounge, would be interesting.

Not him, but it's almost like the Thrawn in rebels and Thrawn in the books (both nu-canon and old) are completely different characters. Thrawn never really had that moment of pure, brilliant, evil. He also wasn't that competent either. Every time he got close, some poor decision or plot armor bullshit happens. He never had any sizable victory against the Rebels in the show, where as in the Thrawn book, he decimated anyone who apposed him through sheer will and superior tactics.

In Rebels, he felt like the standard cookie cutter villain who would always remarkably lose but somehow hold onto his position.

>All three
>not the new one

>the new book utterly destroyed that character
>the book that I didn't read

>Posts a picture proving nothing because the kills he's alluding to are actually off-screen.

I don't know whats cringiest. You trying to prove rebels is egdy(and failing) every time its brought up. Or you replying to any post criticising your kids show.

I watched it. It was fucking stupid.

Speaking of, has the "stupid shit Disney has done" google doc been updated yet?

>where as in the Thrawn book, he decimated anyone who apposed him through sheer will and superior tactics.
You really need to take off the nostalgia goggles

Why didnt Ahsoka Travel back in time and Marry Anakin before ROTS?After convincing him to divorce Padme. Or convincing him to have a shared marriage. Everyone wins. Anakin happy and Skywalker family still grows.

Why would I read a soulless, lore raping cash grab that helps destroy and character assasinate one of the best Star Wars characters that ever existed? Nu-Thrawn is not canon in my heart.

>I read all three of his novels
So you're a time traveller
Interesting

Stop posting, they both got beheaded. You wanted dark and that is pretty dark. Fuck off
You didn't read the asspulls in the original trilogy, then

>"stupid shit Disney has done" google doc
man I fuckin hate some of the shit going on but that is some pathetic sour grapes
you know what the "stupid shit the EU has done" google doc is called? Wookiepedia

I was referring to the newest thrawn book, not the original trilogy.