Marvel Cinematic Universe

Thanks for these 10 years and beyond Mickey. I just don't give a fuck anymore. Keep them coming until the end of times.

>thanking the corrupt mouse that ruined marvel

>Implying it wasn't already shit to begin with
It's all thanks to them Brad and Stacy love your Hobby now. Be grateful

Mugga Marvel died in 1989. The few good comics made since have been diamonds in an ever-growing heap of shit.

I'm burnt out, man.

I plan on seeing Infinity War but after that I just can't be bothered.

Already skipped Black Panther. Felt good. Shit's starting to feel like an obligation at this point. Fuck that. I wanna enjoy movies again.

Based shill

>Already skipped Black Panther. Felt good. Shit's starting to feel like an obligation at this point. Fuck that. I wanna enjoy movies again.
I used to feel the same way as you user but then i realized even if these movies are masterpieces they still are fun. Nothing wrong in enjoying a movie for 1 or 2 hours

Bitch, bitch, bitch, why is that all everyone does here?

I get that, but they're starting to feel very samey. The genre's just not doing it for me.

This

You should be grateful you guys aren't dead in a gutter like those losers at DC

You and me both, mate.
I couldn't care less about BP, and after Infinity War, maybe GotG, or Strange, if they make another.

>felt good
>starting to feel like an obligation
>I want to enjoy movies again
You want a medal or something you fucking snowflake? Nobody's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to watch this shit. The only one I've seen since AoU is GOTGv2 but I don't go bragging about it. Watch it if you're interested, don't if you're not. Jeez.

Relax.

After Avengers 3 i will only watch every movie with Spiderman in it and every Avengers movie. So basically im trapped forever

I was excited for Phase 4 just going out there, but with X-men and FF coming, I expect another 10 years of the same shit. Hopefully when we get to Phases 7 - 9, it can stare characters nobody thought would lead the way like the New X-Men, Next Wave and...who am I kidding. We'll be stuck with Miles Morales and America Chavez.

>Keep them coming until the end of times.
That is a very toxic and idiotic attitude.

I was in a financial slump when Apocalypse was in cinemas.
When I got some money, I started wondering: do I really need and/or want to watch it? Do I really need and/or want to watch any of these?
So the last superhero flick I've seen is Civil War. As a matter of fact, since then I've only seen one new movie, the third Apes.

The only MCU movie I've not watched 3 times is Thor: Dark World.

Perlmutter killed Marvel
The Mouse just salvaged the good stuff

>mfw I will never be lifeless enough to post in a thread about something I have no interest left in.

Why is Iron Man leaving?

Kill yourselves, brad and stacy should be shot for ruining marvel my making them pander to their normie politics and shit entertainment wants

But they are fun user. Whats your problem?

>As a matter of fact, since then I've only seen one new movie, the third Apes.
Poor bastard. 2017 had around 5 or 6 good movies.

>The Mouse just salvaged the good stuff
Yes, because homecoming, ant man, all the wheadon avengers films, thor films, civil war, and IM3 was “good stuff”.

Hey, agree with the others but Civil War, Thor 3 and IM 3 were enjoyable

>thanking the corrupt mouse that ruined the entire film industry
fixed that for you. sadly, it's not even a goddamn joke

Too bad Spider Man 2 is best Marvel movie.

And this is when the autism kicks in.

What is this? Is it a documentary?

It's not Disney's fault that they perfected the modern Serial Adventure film, and that the other studios shot themselves in the foot clumsily trying to coat-tail ride their success with "Shared Universes.

WB was the first studio to revitalize the action super-hero genre, and then let semi-talents and studio hacks destroy the formula.

>"I'm done with the MCU" says the increasingly burnt out man for the seventh time this release cycle

>mk3 Iron Man
>Iron Spider instead of Civil War or homemade suit
>Avengers Hawkeye instead of either of his superior costumes
>Iron Man 2 Widow
>Ragnarok hor and Loki instead of their more iconic looks
>tron panther
I hope this is fan made

Because that' what Disney has done, they've brought Ye Olde Action Serial to it's highest and most profitable incarnation.
People loved these generations ago, when characters like Superman and Captain Marvel were at their apex.
They were intended to be thrilling crowd-pleasers, not self-important dissertations on the human condition. Bravo on Marvel Studios for bringing them back. Had WB not gone up it's own ass, they would be sharing the success equally. It's a shame Fox relied so heavily on Singer, and Sony lost it's way.

Poster celebrating 10 years

They have to switch up the "Fatigue is setting in" spiel while an MCU film is hot in theaters, wait for the post Panther "MCU films are so forgettable".

Why the rest of the world enjoying these movies bothers them so much, I cannot tell you.

It's official

>It's not Disney's fault that they perfected the modern Serial Adventure film
it's literally their fault. they are the sole reason for generic quipfests being regarded as good movies due to their business practices. only to a certain extent does that have to do with shared universes but more in the way they control directors' "visions". they pretty much shat out so many movies that people got used to mediocrity in a pretty short amount of time. if you ask me, Fox and WB were the only hopes for actual properly made movies with a good production value behind them. Notice how after both tried to copy Marvel (JL and X-Men Apocalypse), the movies were instantly worse

>It's not Disney's fault that they perfected the modern Serial Adventure film
Most MCU films are far from good, and none of them are perfect you filthy disney cuck

>IM 3 were enjoyable
>lets shit all over iron man and his villain for an hour and half and make the big bad a genric suit again
>enjoyable
How does it feel to have the tastes of a fucking child, where all a film has to be good is quips and lasers?

>hey are the sole reason for generic quipfests being regarded as good movies due to their business practices
First, I don't feel you understand the word "generic".
Second, Disney is the least prolific (but most profitable) major studio, they don't "shit" out movies.
>Fox, WB
>Good production values
user, please.

>hur durr if you dont swear absolute allegiance to the mouse and if you dare insult him youre autistic

are you hurr durr-ing ironically or not?
I can't tell.

>they don't "shit" out movies.
Maybe they dont make as many films as other studios, but they really did shit out a turd with star wars

I can't speak to your infantile obsession with an overexposed Space Opera franchise.
The fact that you've spent your whole life infatuated with the work of George Lucas implies you really have low-tier tastes in movies.

As someone who doesn't read comics it was a good movie

Marvel ruined itself. I will agree though that Disney is a piece of shit company that deserves to be destroyed brick by brick.

I will concede though that the MCU is one of the greatest achievements in film since Star Wars.

As someone who collects comics, I found it breddy gud too.

Nice to see how youre deflecting to insults rather then acknowledging how horrible TLJ is. I seriously hope you fucking suffer in a fire user.
Casuals shouldnt be pandered too, either way even for a non reader it was a disappointing and horrible movie

You know, if Disney wants to own the rights to Mickey and Donald forever, who are we to give a single fuck?
Are they really harming anyone by maintaining the intellectual rights to an old cartoon mouse?

They won't remain good forever. You are part of the reason why Star Wars movies now suck. Fans don't really get SW and just want more movies being made for the sake of it being made, they don't know what closure fucking means anymore.

It's not a Star Wars thread. I'm pretty sure we have one up in perpetuity. On multiple boards.
It's an MCU thread, and I love the MCU.
I saw Star Wars as a little tyke in theaters, and I honestly cannot understand your generation's religious obsession with it. Return of the Jedi was enough for me (almost too much, really).

>they don't know what closure fucking means anymore.
This argument could be made for the Prequel Trilogy. Or the numerous fanfiction tier EU spinoffs. Star Wars has been providing junk fiction for decades now. It was never super-compelling to begin with, it was just obsessively crafted by artists and stylishly made.

>They won't remain good forever.
This is true of everything in your life, get used to it. It's been a pretty fun 10 years tho.

>Why the rest of the world enjoying these movies bothers them so much, I cannot tell you.
Three little words, senpai: Muh Seekrit Klub!

What's odd is that Star Wars and Star Trek have alway been mass-appeal franchises aimed at general audiences.

you stated in your previous post that they perfected the serial adventure film, which amounts to the formula everyone is always referring to, yet fail to realise what I meant?
>they don't "shit" out movies
when it comes to superhero movies (which I was clearly talking about), they clearly release the most movies a year that take place in the same franchise. at the same time, all of these movies follow the same formula, ergo people get used to the mediocre quality

>Fox, WB
>Good production values
>user, please.
there are a couple of instances where both Fox and WB are superior to MCU movies like character development, CGI, and cinematography. MCU movies are good at being solid, yet almost none of them are actually memorable. they do succeed in being comedies and thus making people remember the movies for being funny but that's it. If Disney had continued making movies in the way they made Phase 1 (letting the directors do their shit), the entire franchise would be a lot better. this way, you have directors not following continuity (Thor and Loki being quipsters in Ragnarok) and CGI being a thousand times worse than in the first movie of the MCU
I'm not counting on you trying to be objective because you clearly aren't but that's the way it is. there are some exceptions like Homecoming because those movies are clearly intended to be comedies but even then, some very negative aspects (bad CGI) are always very prominent. This is the "generic" aspect I was talking about. low effort, maximum gains

Nothing comes from a vacuum, nearly all stories are built upon what has come before. Walt Disney literally built his fortune on remaking old tales for a modern audience.

Good luck trying that today. Disney lawyers will still fuck you up if you write a story even remotely similar to their movies. And they opened the doors for pretty much any company to do the same.

>and I love the MCU.
Then youre a fucking dumbass with no taste and are apart of why modern cinema is mostly shit, so fuck you

>when it comes to superhero movies (which I was clearly talking about), they clearly release the most movies a year that take place in the same franchise. at the same time, all of these movies follow the same formula
The first point is So? and the second is inaccurate, as their movies are simply not formulaic copies of one another.
>Fox and WB are superior to MCU movies like character development.
I can't even take this seriously. Fox managed to develop 3 characters over as many movies as the MCU, and the DCEU is brimming with awful mischaracterizations of everyone from iconic heroes to tertiary cast. And it's worth noting that the "beloved characterizations of Prof X, Magneto and Sniktbub" are due to the efforts of those actors, the lines of dialogue written for them are pretty trite.

>Disney lawyers will still fuck you up if you write a story even remotely similar to their movies. And they opened the doors for pretty much any company to do the same.
Disney "adapts" public domain stories, and in such a way that they barely resemble the original works. A studio would have to be amazingly unimaginative to be unable to tell The Little Mermaid without Jamaican Crabs, Octo-trannies and Disney's original musical scores.

Cry fucking more.

t. contrarian faglord

For you, but if you hold this belief that nothing good lasts forever, while still wanting the MCU to go on forever, you are a TLJ-tier fucktard.

ITT

>none of my favorite Marvel characters are in the Iron Man cinematic universe
Feels good if I'm being honest with ya'll

I was thinking the other day that had the DCEU not gone down the shitter, it could potentially branch past Capeflicks, with Vertigo adaptions, and other stuff (granted some of which has been adapted already). That got me wondering if Marvel has any non-capeshit comics that they can adapt, do you all have any ideas?

Why does Sup Forums hate Homecoming? I'm not saying it's a masterpiece and 2 is obviously a better film but it's one of the strongest recent MCU films imo.

Sup Forums isn't a hivemind, and the Kontrarian Kiddies hate everything Marvel, Disney and anything that speaks ill of their meme President.
Just pay them no mind.

Post MCUfus