JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

a few issues left

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BftMIyuBiu_/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ugh, nothing like figuring out "oh shit I missed the chance to trigger that dialogue when I did this quest first and this one second oh, twenty gameplay hours ago or more"

thank you Youtube, at least

hi owls

this is clearly going to end well

So Samnee, Walker, and Walta are gone from Marvel

and Samnee posted a Billy sketch
instagram.com/p/BftMIyuBiu_/

and so far the Big Announcements are what, Aaron keeps going on Thor, and Ewing doing a horror take on the Hulk, which might work but come on still won't sell

like, even if you're really digging Marvel, none of this is terribly interesting?

Hey OP. I don't have a lot of LoSH knowledge but someone I know was selling the hardcover of "Superboy and the LOSH vol. 1" for cheap (it was scratched and amazon sent him a replacement) so I bought it off him. I've finished reading it, and while I don't really know the cast, the stories were energetic and creative enough to be engaging. I do have one question, was Dawnstar supposed to be gay (back in 1978)? She seems to be sleeping nude with her roommate, and seemed aggressive towards that radiation douche.

>Venom — Donny Cates
>Cosmic Ghost Rider — Donny Cates
>Quicksilver: No Surrender — Saladin Ahmed & Eric Nguyen.
>Multiple Man — Matthew Rosenberg & Andy MacDonald.

And we already knew about Aaron Avengers, Slott Iron Man, and Zub Champions
Stohl is staying on Carol too

If anything, Dawnstar/Wildfire was kind of almost canon

what I want most out of this list is glorious asshole Pietro, ngl

Quicksilver and Ewing are the only things I'm even remotely interested in but the former is a mini and the latter won't last more than 12 sooo

PTSD TIME

i fucking *knew* Blackwall was lying to me, too

all I am hoping for is just no Bendis LOSH

we'll probably get Hickman, really

i'm worried about ewing's 3rd book. he said he had 3 coming and we've got deadpool RPG and Hulk now.

Marvel is not awful but it's not like groundbreaking. apparently they're gonna bet big on Donny Cates.

Wildfire/Dawny is the good version of Gambit/Rogue

the Deadpool RPG book is either going to be great or incredibly dull, not even bad

god, Dan Quayle jokes never get old

>Dawnstar/Wildfire
Ah, okay. It's a "fight but still like each other" sort of thing.
I will admit that this page is what tripped me up.

There was also an asian-looking Superman on another page, and I wish I had bookmarked it

like I don't wanna think Bendis is gonna do Legion (outside of preparing myself for the worst) because of the load that's Superbooks+Jinxworld+that weird imprint or whatever but he's doing that origin mini and that could have some Superboy in it....

Oh, Wildfire's a giant cock to most people, it's half of his charm, but yeah, they really end up liking each other

Walta also has a page on the "DC Talent" part of their website, but it could have been there for a while.

so what did we want to read next? I'm forgetful and overworked these days

also yes, still playing RPG too much

catching up on dr strange goes to hell and hawkeye had a joke about his first and third weddings in vegas. i need references spencer/cates

i'm assuming we're getting something from King/Walta. Just a matter of time

ummm, Vic, that's not a good reason

Same with DC. Big Two have slowly but surely gotten worse these past 5 years to the point that they've become true garbage.

I remember people (including you) wanting to read something with a lighter tone. What would suit that requirement?

This and the last arc of Rucka's Gotham Central are prolly the only times this kind of character arc has ever felt genuine for me. It gets resolved much better here.

barely trained people carrying weapons is a fucking awesome idea

yeah, short and light would be fantastic

>short
y'all read that Sugar & Spike series from that aggressively mediocre Legends of Tomorrow anthology? it's a hidden gem. Wish we would've gotten more...

Egypt by Milligan. 7 issues, and is pretty light-hearted (despite it being about death)

Maybe something cosmic. What about that Malto/Mignola Rocket Raccoon mini?

that was indeed a lot of fun, Evely is a gem

but I'm up for almost anything, especially short, send it all my way

It's light hearted in the sense that it's funny, but pretty much all of Milligan's comics have plenty of humor in them. Egypt ultimately is a story about identity and self discovery so... not light. It's great though

is it this one or II that's "Hal versus the road sign"?

>tfw people thought rebirth was genuinely good

michel fiffe wrote on his pateron about reading a ton of Quaser and i'm super exciting for his writing about it. so gru.

still think someone should dig up more batman and the outsiders.

i'm trying to think of good + short and fun that's not like random issues of long series

Walker is probably off to write some Lion Forge or something black people like

oh shit, Fiffe Wendell would be delightful

IIRC he did say he was doing something Lion Forge

seriously, I don't see anyone at all talking about their shit on Twitter

I hate every single person in these threads so goddamn much.

we love you too, sugartits

Shut the FUCK up.

>seriously, I don't see anyone at all talking about their shit on Twitter

no one talks about anything Casey does, like ever

good

>Batman
>Deadman
>Enemy Ace (who is apparently, a Superhero)
>Green Lantern
>Superman
>Wonder Woman

Well, not just Casey, but the entire line with the shared universe thing. I've seen no enthusiasm whatsoever for it, just occasional posts when someone does a cover.

have you ever considered avoiding this thread

>implying that DC has put anything good out in the last 30 years

this was inevitable

Have you ever considered suicide?

He wasn't even wearing RED you fucking whackadoo.

Much like Howard, why not?

why am I not surprised to find out you were the one to spam this shit, cranky?

>reminder we need to read the Annual #2

Friday, my owls

sorry, the letters are all spoily, but we'll get to 68 pages of Annual #2 this Friday

thanks for spending time with me, everyone who's not a giant cock

there's a new subsection of Sup Forums that hates all big 2 comics but keeps reading them and loudly bitching. it's very annoying, it's not even like 'oh slott is ruining whatever' it's just 'all marvel/dc sucks right now booooo'

slott iron man is gonna be weird

>everyone who's not a giant cock
Nuts.

>anyone who doesn't suck DC's cock must be cranky

Thanks for the storytime. Home stretch and it feels gewd.

No I mean the guy that keeps spamming dc isn't going to exist in 6 months and dc hasn't been good for 10 or 20 or 30 years, or DC has never been good.
aka cranky

Nah, that's ladderbro, cranky has chilled out recently.

oooh yeah that's one specific weirdo.

i don't think it's cranky though.

stop it with the nicknames from people from other forums and shit. It's clearly cranky, this thread proves it.

I don't think it's Cranky

It can't be cranky, they haven't complained about Johns yet

Cranky doesn't hate DC, if anything he's a pretty huge Big Twofag since he hates indies.

It's the same mannerism and way of posting and when he made this post the unique posters count didn't go up.

He's a marveldrone though, he just likes wonder woman from dc.

>can't handle bantz against his DC so he has to make up a boogeyman
You should get out of your house more often, senpai.

Hey OP.
Coming in late to talk to no one. Any chance we ever going back to multi-issue threads, or are those an unemployment only thing?

Missed thread

Star Ocean in a nutshell

Myra has gone full Annie Potts by this point. I appove.

>barely trained people carrying weapons is a fucking awesome idea

What a purely atopical statement.

Thanks for running, OP. See you Friday.

pbump

What an ironic charity to choose for the beginning of a comic about an objectivist.

it's more of an "OP will finish the game being played at some time" sort of thing, sorry

>Samnee on Shazam

That would be great.

I'm not sure this Question really is that.

Ironic when you consider Montoya herself later took up Vic's mantle.