What the fuck were they thinking?

What the fuck were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8nrSfC76lLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Money.

You act like Disney thinks of anything else.

Money

Pour le money

Money?

Yo the Aladdin movie about the 40 thieves and the hand of Midas was tight tho

Kronk's New Groove is good. Fuck your taste.

Some of these were actually descent films, not as good as the first ones though. I actually rally liked Cinderella III and Bambi II was pretty cute.

Easy money from recognizable franchises. That said Lion King 1/2, Cinderella 3, and Kronk were pretty good movies

I can get the desire for a II, but damn, Cinderal III? this should be illegal

Some of these completely baffle me.
In particular;
>Brother Bear 2

I'm shocked that people remember the first one even existed.

>Well shit, we have a fuckton of assets we can resuse, and a bunch of thirsty animators/interns we can take advantage of. Let's stick them in the mix.

Haven't seen many Disney sequels but Mulan 2 was fucking awful.

STREAM THOSE MOVIES IF YOU'RE SO GREAT

Lion King 2 had some interesting moments and good songs. Lion King 1 1/2 was pretty great. Was it Aladdin 3 that had his father?

The Lion King 1 1/2 was comedy kino.

>".......Timon, were you picking your nose?"
>"NO I JUST HAD AN ITCH ON THE INSIDE."

>Cinderalla 3

Hey man, Aladdin 3 was awesome.

I liked the Aladdin sequels.
>inb4 it's nostalgia

You're probably right. I was like 7 when they came out.

Some of them were good, though.
Also, you gotta thank Lasseter for canceling this trend.
They were going to make Chicken Little 2, Meet the Robinsons II, Mulan III, The Aristocats 2, Dumbo II, and Pinocchio II but Lasetter canceled them.

Cinderella 3 is oddly one of the more enjoyable ones.

And how come they never made a sequel to Pinocchio and had that one guy get away with turning kids into donkeys?

I have a weird feeling that Atlantis 2 was already too far along to cancel by the time they figured out the movie wasn’t doing well in theaters, maybe even before it was even released.

Do you think they knew all of this was direct to VHS or do you think at least one director had to be pulled aside by the producers and told the bad news?

Do you think he cried? I bet he cried.

>And here I thought the ground was supposed to move after the wedding
Still can't believe he got that line in.

At least you can train animators with these , but look at the upcoming Disney releases: nothing but live action remakes .

Hollywood has gotten so stodgy and timid that it's scared to even make cartoons anymore.

Wait, Beauty and the Beast had a sequel? Was it even remotely any good? Has anyone actually seen it.

Maybe we'll see a die off of all the hyper formulaic tripe that's come out of the big budged animation scene over the last eternity. You would think that these studios would realize that innovation has a bigger potential payout than just making the same movie with a different skin over and over again.

Didn't even know Cinderella 2 existed, let alone 3.

>2002/2007 release
the fuck?

It occurs to me 1- how old some of these movies are and 2- I STILL haven't seen some of them. I question the need for Fox/hound 2 and think that Timon and Pu'mba killed the desirability of the Lion King movies. The Atlantis movies were great, and I loved Return to neverland.

>Wait, Beauty and the Beast had a sequel? Was it even remotely any good?

Which one? The Christmas one, or the one made up of multiple stories that they were gonna use for the tv series that never got off the ground?

They’re both bad, but the Christmas one is still remotely salvageable, mostly because Tim Curry plays the villain. It can be kind of fun to watch and make fun of.

The other not Christmas one is honestly probably the worst thing I have ever watched. And I’ve seen some bad fucking movies, including a lot of Disney sequels. But Belle’s Enchanted World or whatever it’s called? That was on a different level than most. It was boring to the point of actually being painful to watch, and had no redeeming value at all. It was actually kind of remarkable in how bad it was.

I need to rewatch the christmas one! It has Tim Curry in it, and it was quite watchable, good even.

>Khuffar aren't human Aladin, they're jewish slaves and they all must die, ALLAH AKBAR!
How the fuck did they get away with this!?

I'm still waiting on a tier list for the direct-to-video sequels.

Ask yourself Why Hip Hop Sucks in '96 and you'll have your answer.

I believe the Lost Media Wiki has material on Dumbo II.

Atlantis was to be a TV series, but was cancelled. The pilot episode and completed episodes were compiled into the "movie"; "Tarzan and Jane" is similar though its television series went to order.

Nah, they probably knew from the outset that their films were going to be straight to video fare. How do you work on "Lady and the Tramp II" and ever convince yourself it's going to be theatrical?

They pulled the Disney Vault system on the direct-to-video sequels too: Release it now, pretend it's going away forever, release it again five years later. Rinse, repeat, reap the profits.

Also, on another topic: Should "Stitch! The Movie" and "Leroy and Stitch" count as sequels? The former is more or less a movie-length pilot episode to "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" (originally to be titled "Stitch! The Series") and the latter is an outright conclusion to the series. They're not quite on the "direct-to-video sequel" wavelength that "Stitch Has A Glitch" is in.

Eh, it’s been a while since I’ve seen the Christmas ine, but I still at best only rank it mid tier among the other sequels. It’s not as bad as a lot of the others in some respects, but it still is pretty damn distespectful to the first movie, particularly in the way it has some of the original characters acting out of character. I think I dislike it mostly because I like the first movie so much and I think it did it a disservice.

But yeah, Tim Curry is great at least.

>How do you work on "Lady and the Tramp II" and ever convince yourself it's going to be theatrical?

You would think that, but Jungle Book 2 and Peter Pan 2: Return to Neverland actually did get theateical releases. And it’s really not like they were among the best sequels either.

You're getting away with being stupid by posting on an anonymous message board, so I don't think you have any grounds to complain.

At least Walt got more of that sexy jungle book girl.

They thought that comedy relief alone was good enough to bring in the audience. In fact you might as well add Cars 2, Finding Dory, A Goofy Movie 2, and Tailspin to that list.

Yzma may have given me a metamorphosis fetish they way she kept her cat qualities, despite being human.

Brother Bear 2 was the only good one out of all of those.

With regards to the Stitch aspect, could be possible.

Also, is it just a few of us or did Stitch Has a Glitch made us cry a little?

And where does the Japanese Stitch series fit in?

But 96 was the last gr8 year for hip hop

>tfw Bambi 2 is actually the best one

Man, Return of Jaffar is right there

>What they were thinking

youtube.com/watch?v=8nrSfC76lLI