Have you given up on your Sup Forums dreams?

Have you given up on your Sup Forums dreams?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Te5-uFEW3GU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, I was born with an impressive lack of talent

That would imply I had dreams.

No, and I don't wanna.

Meh.

I've worked a couple of Sup Forums related jobs. It's hard to find steady work though.

I think I might do when I finish university
But hey I work a pretty nice job at a bakery and I think I might just stick with it permanently

Kinda, They used to be grand and now they're pretty shitty. And even then I'm like $3000 in debt all of a sudden and am going to lose my job in two weeks so I really just don't want to bother anymore. I feel like I have to put this stupid shit to the side and deal with this.

I am working on a 7 minute short, I have like 2.5 minutes done. I want it to look nice. My job is terrible and I hate everyone there, but it pays the bills. Not much else to say on the matter

What dreams?

Is that Egoraptor, or Kirbopher? I can't tell

>Kirbopher
who?

Take it Hal.

I would've had to have dreams in the first place, in order to give them up.

Arin had dreams?

Yes. Following your dreams leads to disappointment and misery.

Yes, be with Jontron forever

It's Ego. He's got a beard now though.

Yes

But I haven't given up on my Sup Forums dreams (even though I should)

Please tell me that your Sup Forums dreams are not recording yourself faking getting scared at amnesia and playing minecraft to your youtube channel

His first dream was to become a voice actor, but since he couldn't get any jobs since it was too new a field for the commoners and there wasn't any real social media outside of forums, he decided to give himself jobs by becoming an animator and using his voice (and others) to create things that were funny, and upload them to Newgrounds, which was one of the first, and at the time biggest, sites for the common folk to get famous.

However, instead of getting a job as a voice actor, he got hired for the G-Hole as an animator. His fans didn't want him for his voice (outside of his Solid Snake), they wanted his spitfire ADHD comedy and animations. He became famous for the wrong thing, but still, he relatively enjoyed it, since he could still do voice acting, it gave him work to do so he could focus despite his severe ADHD, and it gave him pride, considering his old Tweets about how "If I ever become a let's player, just shoot me."

Then GameGrumps happened, where everyone tuned in because his name was on it.
Then Jon eclipsed him on the show.
Then Jon left for New York.
Then Arin sold his soul to the business for easy money.
Then he was able to provide his voice for some animators on YouTube (this is a good thing).
Then he finally got a job as a voice actor on a couple of relatively unimportant shows on Cartoon Network almost no one watches (this is also a good thing.)
Then Arin gave up his balls to YouTube to air on a gaming channel because, once again, he got famous for the wrong thing: Playing video games.

Sometime during this Suzie left him and then he made a horrific video called My Suzie where he begs for her to come back, and she does, only because he has infinite money.

Then they got fat.

I feel like some of these details are either wrong or out of order, but yeah I recall him saying he was more interested in voice-acting than animating.

To fuck Suzy?

Nope.

Ay lmao!

nah. I'm only 18 so there's still hope.

>then he made a horrific video called My Suzie
link?

Nah, working on my comic right now. If it takes off, I'm going to pitch a few ideas for C list characters at Marvel and DC while doing short Image books

Good for him too.
Newgrounds isn't the platform it used to be anymore.

I'm going to school to do sound design so not quite yet.

I'd rather fail, dying in a vain attempt to achieve my goals, than live doing something else, forever wondering if I could have made it.

How long have you been working on it user? I've been working on a 5 minute short for the last year and a half, but it's almost done & I'm thrilled.

he was also on that stupid playstaion reality show to become a game tester and they kicked him off and saw their ratings tank almost immediately

For as long as I can remember, dreams have had the connotation of being immature, so I've
always been diligently burying them as soon as I've recognized them.

Probably saved me a lot of disappointment, but also makes me feel very empty inside. But maybe that's still the least bad of all the possible choices, who can say for sure

Reminder that is only a matter of time before
>Shadman
Shows up in an episode of Doodle Doods

Since summer last year, I work full time and I'm pretty stressed out little guy so yeah

Can I steal that quote for myself, user?

I wouldn't say so. Doodle Doods is practically cancelled at this point.

Original got pulled. Here's one someone made editing his video.
youtube.com/watch?v=Te5-uFEW3GU

For the record, he also, unironically, sent Suzy a letter every day for a year because he thought it would romance her since that's what the protagonist did in The Notebook. She was his first and only girlfriend, whom he married; however, it reveals how awful she is when her twin sister is infinitely superior to her, not to mention that Arin was months away from being in decent shape, and being able to bag any girl he wanted, but he caved.

yeah pretty much ;___;

Well I wish you the best of luck.

>implying that egoraptor will make an episode with a famous pedophile fetishist who is a faggot with every fucking one

I just quit my job and upended my life to spend time learning storyboarding actually.

Thank you. Best of luck to you as well

I am a man of constant dissapointment, so yeah

As a fellow /agdg/ refugee, I feel your pain.

Not totally. I don't know what the future of comics writing is going to look like, so I'm sticking to writing prose for now, and then maybe down the line when I've already established myself as an author, take a more serious look at writing comics.

Nah m8, but it's more of a writing/acting dream than a drawing/animating one.

I'm actually planning out my ""comic"" right now. Doubt It'll be popular in any sense, but I need something to do.

Nah. They're just going slower than I'd like. But things have been looking up for me when it comes to writing comics. Now to try to break into writing cartoons.

>pedophile
source?

>sometime during this Suzie left him
wait what

I'll be turning 34 this year with neither the time or the same heart to solidify that big action drama series I thought would be the next One Piece or My Hero I've been nursing for 16 years.

I have other dreams and maybe I'll get off the pot someday with that, but not now.

Even worse

my own idea for a vidya (but I can't draw for merde and I don't know how to program)

Not really. I'm just begun drawing. I'm still learning the basics on human and animal anatomy and proportions. Having a tough time with that, but the more I learn the more I improve. I got the animation principles down tho.

Yeah, after going to an Art School I realized I preferred drawing as a hobby and not as a job. I get bored too easily. I'm glad i quit cause just one look at the industry is enough to get you depressed

>Implying I have/had dreams
What's the point? Entropy will take them anyway.

Wut? That's like assuming someone who watches TV wants to be an actor.

No, my dreams have given up on me.

nah, i try to keep up to date with my webcomic and I'm workin' on a second one for launch - gotta keep tryin' to climb that mountain, guys - reach for yer dreams and punch the gods in their faces

>$3000 in debt

They can both die in a a fire.

The day you see another developer achieve financial and critical success with a game that is almost exactly like your favorite, most cherished idea is the day your dreams will die and you will realize that there is nothing left for you down this road, no matter how much you wish for it to be otherwise. You'll find success somewhere else, you will find a good job or a good girlfriend or a good hobby, and you will still be happy, but nothing will ever let you completely forget the shattered dreams you once had, and you will still have those nights where you think back and wonder "what if?"

>Only $3000
You haven't failed nearly hard enough.

Some animator who’s made it with his animated IP’s that Sup Forums hates cuz he’s apparently a snob and a hack (who happens to have long hair like Egoraptor)

It depends. If you're doing front-end programming or design or advertising that happens to include graphics and other visual design it's not the easiest path, but it's not impossible. Or some other graphic design or tech thing like multimedia editing. Even that can be hard but it depends on your location, background, connections. You should know programming or at least JavaScript.

myself and a friend stopped watching when he was kicked off

Both ended up in voice acting. Kirbopher was actually interested in doing it much to the point he played a one-off literally who in Pokemon and Egoraptor sort of just appeared out of nowhere for a Rick and Memey season finale.

>She was his first and only girlfriend
actually he said he dated a girl in high school that didn't go anywhere, suzie was his second GF

>watching in the first place
>watching because of Arin Fatson

You're both retarded.

He didn't go to high school.

I did, actually.

I always wanted to do animation and comics as a child and even kept up at it throughout high school. I got accepted to the animation department of a college out-of-state and was eager to begin the start of my amazing animation career!

Then I realized it wasn't for me. Between the horror stories from my industry-veteran instructors and the adjunct professors pulling me aside after class asking me why I'm 'wasting my intelligence' on such a major kind of threw me for a loop.

I knew I wanted to stay in the creative field as it was where I was happiest, but I also liked the idea of being able to make enough money to shelter and feed me.

Eventually I switched majors to graphic design where I focused on another dying industry: print!

Fast-forward 8 years since graduating and I'm now the Creative Director of UI/UX at the age of 30 for one of my city's fastest-growing digital marketing firms. And while I still miss illustrating and haven't even touched the children's book I was shopping around in nearly a decade (attaching an old mockup to this post), I certainly continue to be busy with a wider assortment of engaging, creative tasks.

Also, I get paid pretty damn well to force my associate designers to remake a landing page while I troll Sup Forums on Wednesday afternoons.

And of course the attachment didn't work.

i had to google this person just to find out what you were talking about

it's just some youtuber who convinced people to give him 100k on kickstarter, that's not exactly making it in my opinion. that team is likely going to disband, the game won't get finished and all the backers are gonna get pissed off at him

No.

For as much as people talk about how writers are a dime a dozen and artists are rare being able to shit out a medicore to average script and do it consistently quickly is something artists can look at well. That doesn't mean they're willing to do shit for free but the initial investment is not the fucking staggering sum I thought it would be.

>Chad
REEEEEEEEEEEEE WHYYYYY

Half of these are wrong and/or way out of order.

I never had Sup Forums dreams

I wanted to be some sort of doctor and make fat cash and then have money to buy tons of art supplies and draw whatever retarded shit i wanted with no pressure

And I did just that

How's dental surgery going?

Not just yet.

Not yet, but it's more of a /lit/ dream than Sup Forums.
I'd be really stoked if it became a Sup Forums thing though

Would be better if I didn't have a cold, but other than that good

Pretty much. But then, I also don't like most cartoons nowadays.

Yeah, but I think once I get over my stage fright I can start a cartoon review channel.
>tfw 22 years old
>have wanted to do this since I was 17

And he's fatter

literally gave up my dreams before i even finished high school

yet i still finished college with tens of thousands in debt

i have nothing and no one

end me

>femart

I've given up on most of my dreams. I have accepted that I will never survive on the income from
>story based on my imagination-setting's OCs - main few are simply overpowered Mary Sues
>writing at all
>turn-based tactics game with medieval fantasy setting, playing as the monsters
>platformer based around swapping types of tiles
>gamedev at all
>didn't get into art as a kid, thus have no skill now (pic related)
>actually writing code is mostly outsourced now
>coasting through gradeschool left me unprepared to face challenges in college
>switched majors to what I was promised was "a more business type of compsci"
>it really isn't, a fucking 300-level course just explained bits, ASCII, and "broadband is fast"
My inability to self-regulate and discipline has set up a mentality of inevitable failure, leading to an inability to hold much more than a passing interest in challenging things because what even is the point - if I'm not quickly exceptional, I likely never will be.
On the bright side, my emotional state isn't tied to the success of my hobbies. Otherwise I might've killed myself after two or three drawings with references with visible proportional errors.

nah bitch my comic is actually out in the world and people are actually buying it

it's pretty fucking wild and I'm still blown away by it.

still broke as shit tho.

not really but I know they're not something i can make a steady & consistent living off of as a career

I legit picked up drawing and writing as hobbies when I was a kid because I wanted to put to paper the ideas I saw in my head. 18 years later and I'm still not satisfied with anything I do, so I've just come to terms with the fact that I'll never truly be able to show people my ideas.

It'd be cool to work on a script for an animated movie, but alas, I don't have any talent in that department.

>Dream Daddy is gradually killing this show
and I thought it was good for nothing

The Oneyplays guys do letsplays with Shad.
The Oneyplays guys are often guests on Doodle Doods.

>tfw never had a dream, didn't even have an answer for "what do you want to be when you grow up" when I was a kid
>just an empty husk of a person that keeps living because dying seems inconvenient
>days spent trying to keep yourself entertained/distracted until it's time to go to sleep again
>28 and it's not going to get any better

uhhhh why do you know all this. but good post, actually interesting

The dream just shifted to something more grounded, in this current climate there's no fucking way that a studio is going to accept a pitch for a big, somewhat serious all-ages adventure show like Avatar. So I'm pursuing it as a comic or possibly a game instead.

I work in animation for a living (which was an early Sup Forums dream and at least I attained that, but I've been doing it for 5 years now), and you'd think I'd be more confident about pitching a series, but if anything seeing all the amazing rejected pitches from friends at big studios has just made me more jaded when it comes to that sort of thing.

>Have you given up on your Sup Forums dreams?
I'm not even sure I had any to begin with anymore.

He's on TV. He's on OK KO and Mob Psycho 100

Like I will give up again... twerp!

showrunning seems to be stressful as fuck anyway. as long as you get to tell your story you can consider that to be the most important aspect of that dream.

user he regularly does VA work on anime series.