I mean, was it REALLY rape?

I mean, was it REALLY rape?

I mean it was, but then again, its impossible for Killgrave to have consensual anything

Well, if you take away a person's ability to choose then there can't be consent, so yes. He orders and you have to obey. Even if he words it like "you want to fuck me" it is still something he initiated and you had no say over

Yes.

Couldn't he, like, not talk?

that was actually a nice insight into his character. He literally doesn't know the difference between asking someone something and forcing them to do something

The show was never really about rape, it was about addiction.
Jessica was an alcoholic
Killgrave was all about instant gratification
Malcolm was a drug addict, and the only one in the whole show that manages to get out of it.
The twins fully codependent, which could be seen as a form of addiction to the attention of the other person
Luke is dealing with grief via hedonistic casual sex
Nuke and later Trish are addicted to the power the pills give them
All of Killgrave's victims are the equivalent of drug addicts, being stripped of their free will more than directly forced to do something; they describe it as wanting to do what he said.

But it's easier to say it's about rape, because more visceral and surface than dealing with people's own fallibility regarding their addictions.

that's what I have been saying all along. Jessica is also addicted to self-hate

Who cares? She's a woman. She's only as useful as her pussy is available.

This is some top-tier analysis you have, user. Thank you for this, it changes how I see the show and I think it's a better central theme than rape (because then it's only about Kilgrave and Jessica).

I always viewed it as a show about fucked up people (literally every single character), the reasons they're fucked up (Luke's wife's death, Kilgrave's everything, Jessica's rape, Patsy's mom, etc.) and what they're doing to cope (Patsy ignoring her mom and then taking Nuke-roids, Jessica drinking, Kilgrave being a sociopathic hedonist, Luke trying to keep his head down and mourn in solitude, etc.).

This is a nice addition that really enriches the show.

Thanks, when the show was the new hotness, I tried making the point in many discussions, but I guess the "omg this show about rape so amazing" narrative was too strong back then.

That said, obviously rape is a big part of the shows themes, but addiction, avoidance, abuse and being abusive, and "taking the easy road" are themes that link almost every single character. So, to go a bit further:

Jessica sinks into self-hate and alcoholism because she can't deal with her accumulated trauma
Trish actually deals with her own trauma, but does so by trying to build a fortress around herself and becoming strong so no one can touch her (which is pointless, because her weakness is emotional); the pills are the culmination of this desire of invincibility
Trish's mother is addicted to the fame, and neglects her family life because it's easier to work on the image than to work on the relationship
The twins are so codependent because she's an unbearable bitch and he's pretty much retarded; it's easier to become a weird incestuous couple from hell than dealing with the world
Nuke deals with his trauma by taking action, but not through the lawful channels, and falls back into old habits as things go wrong
Luke hides in the place that's the last thing he has from Reva, and tries to fill the hole she left with booze and sex, all the while hiding from the world and his past
Killgrave's parents abuse him, then fucking leg it instead of dealing with the literal monster they created. In doing so, they create a bigger monster: a child with that power may be cruel and dangerous, a child with that power left alone without guidance is bound to be a monster.

Killgrave is the culmination of this: abuse, hedonism, instant gratification, self-pity, the whole package.

And that's why Malcolm is the best character in the whole show: he hits rock bottom, betrays his friends, but in the end pulls through and tries to improve the lives of everyone around him. Best boy in the MCU, no joke.

Would MCU Avengers be able to stop MCU Purple Man?

Hulk would rage through the mind control eventually, but would kill a lot of people and Avengers first. Thor being under Purple Man's control is terrifying.

But Vision just takes him out immediately. And Ant-Man shrinks him down so much his pheromones stop working and makes him realize how small he is

>Ant-Man shrinks him down so much his pheromones stop working
Would they even get through the helmet in the first place?
Then again, he'd have it open to crack jokes at first.

Depends on if his pheromones or microbes or whatever it was could affect them, with their different biologies.
Luke and Jessica are affected (her developed immunity aside), so Cap, Wanda, Hawkeye, Widow, Falcon, Winter Soldier and Spidey are probably too.
Does it affect someone like Hulk? He's weak to mind control, but is he weak to Killgrave's biologically based powers? Hulk's immune system is strong, he may be able to fight it.
Does it work with aliens? That's a crapshoot, no way to know, so Thor could go either way.
Would Iron Man and War Machine's armors filter them? Maybe, we know they've got air filtering systems. So it depends on whether they're wearing the armors or not when talking to him. Ant-Man's mask may have something like that as well, and if he does, so does Wasp.

But a synthesoid? No way, Vision would resist it. He's even got the mind gem, for extra control.

So, Killgrave stands no chance. No matter how many people he commands to throw themselves at Vision, he's fucked.

Also, if Tony or Vision detect the pheromones, they'll start working on an antidote or something immediately.

Wasn't that the plot of Avengers?

Yeah, what amazing "analysis" that's been spelled out in the actual show, because the show itself is for literal retards.

They'd have some BS tech to protect them.

I hate that word.

Addiction to Kilgrave's cock?

She won against his cock?

How else would someone with such powerful resting bitch face get laid?