Avengers No Surrender

Ok so I'm not reading this and other then bringing back Hulk, what is the point of this? Like what's the plot of the book?

To get those Legacy numbers higher before it goes back to number one

Filler until the relaunch.

Tournament arc.

its JLA/Avengers 2, but without the DC characters.
And like most Avengers iconic runs, its okay. Not great, not horrible, just okay enough to kill time.

I thought the whole point was to do something with the Voyager mystery. But they have literally barely touched on that or set up anything of interest with her. Apart from her insertion into the older comics at the start, and brief origin last issue, we have seen her do shit all in the story

It's something of a Swan song for this era of the Avengers.

All three of these teams are ending after this, no more Unity Team, no more AIMvengers.

She's Gwenpool.

I have wanted to like No Surrender from the start. It had Ewing as a writer and I was hoping for some sort of Sentry mystery combined with Secret Wars style fights for our heroes and villains as well as some D E E P L O R E that Ewing pulled out of his ass, but we have not gotten anything remotely interestingly. It is just boring fights that have them standing around trying to cup some balls err I meant pyramids. The Grandmaster plot isn't all that interesting and hardly mentioned. The Nadia arc is also pretty boring. The coolest thing that has happened is Rouge fucking murdering Glaive and even that is kinda ehhh.

The series is looking like it might shape up to be something coolish, but at seven issue we should have gotten something worth shilling 3.99-4.99 a week beside Hulk monologuing about how angry the hulk is.

Yes, the entire "event" is quite boring.

Waiting for Carol.
When's Carol?

It's about the old and busted edgy OCs fighting the shiny new car smell OCs.

She already showed up and did what she does best, nothing of any importance, and now her part in the story is done.

When's Carol?

>what is the point of this?
It's wrapping up Waid's Avengers, Ewing's USAvengers and Duggan/Zub's Uncanny Avengers along with giving some closure to Occupy Avengers which was cancelled prematurely. Also, as you mentioned, bringing back the Hulk, along with setting up a Quicksilver solo that will be spinning out of it, and bringing back the Black Order ahead of their MCU debut.

> Like what's the plot of the book?
The Grandmaster and The Challenger (a new Elder introduced in No Surrender) are having a Contest of Champions. The winner gets the "Grandmaster" name while the loser gets exiled from the multiverse. Each one has a 7 person team (The Grandmaster's is the Lethal Legion and The Challenger's is The Black Order + The Hulk), Earth is the gameboard, and The Avengers were chosen to be stage hazards. Each side scores points by having a member of their respective teams grab a "pyramoid" which takes them off the gameboard and scores their team a point.

I was hoping for more Toni Ho.

thank god

Never.

give Rogue one last fun swan song before she's dragged back into shitty X-Men shit forever again

Now we're just back to multiple awful x-books, like it's always been.

Does the Challenger look like Jeff Goldblum?

No.